Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > K850i Help Please )

Author K850i Help Please )
spikeyjac
W890 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-03-09 11:38
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi well basically my phone has stopped working!
I turned it on this morning, fell back asleep and then when i woke up only the keypad lights and the blue ring around the camera were light up!
I have taken the battery out for a few min etc and still nothing
Does anybody know the problem?
Thanks
Jac!
aremaboy
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-03-09 12:21
The Blue Ring of Death.

Flash the phone!
www.kulankendi.com
www.davinciteam.com
www.totalgsm.org
SE Service Centre
spikeyjac
W890 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-03-09 12:27
I don't really want to end up paying £7 though just for it not too work though ...
ashby
W890 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-03-09 13:02
I'm having numerous problem with my K850 as well, which I have had for less than a day...I am on R1DA038 (updated pretty much straight away) on Orange UK branded handset:

1/ Black Photos when the flash works- and no I'm not covering ANY sensors, and have mucked about continually with ISOs and different shooting modes, scenes etc. to rectify to no avail.

2/ No option for clock size in display settings menu. This was available before I updated it but has now disappeared.

3/ I tried texting someone yesterday, the text sent, but said I had texted someone totally different in my phone book and the reply I got was from the right person but with wrong name again!? Example: I text Ludo, and it says I have texted Remy, and I get a reply saying from Remy, even though the reply is from Ludo?

4/ Also I want the clock as my screensaver, like I had on my W850 (where you can see if you have had missed calls and new texts and the clock moved location on the screen every minute. It is possible to see this if you press one of the volume keys on the side, but is there a way to make it permanently appear? Are all new A200 phones like this? Why would SE take this function out?

Any help with these issues would be greatly appreciated. Its a shame cos has the potential to be a great handset, but highly looks like I'm going to be sending this back unless I can fix the above.
spikeyjac
W890 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-03-09 13:19
Have you taken the plastic cover off the back?
feedback
(+10 -0)

ashby
W890 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-03-09 13:46
no.
didnt think you could?

But if you mean the protextive stuff that comes with it then yes and I know this affect the light monitor but its still crap.

the only way i can get good detail on pictures using flash (so they are not black) is if i use photofix, but this is long to do after every picture...i would mostly be taking pictures using this phone when going out i dark clubs etc. of friends and stuff and it doesn' look hopeful for this kind of environment judging from my current experience...
spikeyjac
W890 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-03-09 14:30
Yeah i meant the protective bit lol
you sure your takin the pics right , with no finger on the back at al
feedback
(+10 -0)

ashby
W890 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-03-09 15:18
If anyone can explain the other anomalies i'm getting i'd be very grateful. I do like the handset on the whole, just couple fo niggling issues which i want to get rid of/ rectify as i stated in the post above ^. Eventually i am going to debrand it using davinci but want to give it a good go branded first to see if i want to keep it and to see if its really worth the 10euro cost- don't want to be sending back an unbranded phone to orange.

here are some pictures I have just taken. Nothing special but hope they get the "picture" across. Its daytime now so there is more light than the ones I was taking last night. It just seems the flash makes pictures darker though. See examples below.

No flash on this one, in quite a dark room.

Flash and full zoom..terrible...lack of AF but i was quite still in taking it.

Think this one had no flash, in quite a dark room...

Flash on this one in the same room, but the room behind him is actually quite light though it comes out black?! Seems the camera flash is actually useless in dark spaces up to about 2 metres and leaves everything else black--this is the problem i had last night in dark rooms and this is what i want to rectify.

Flash in a semi-dark garage.

No flash. :\\

Again, flash.

No flash...

Standard picture that came out alright.

USELESS flash.

No flash (bit wobbly but that's my bad.

Any suggestions for how to make these better. My main issue is taking pictures in darker places in the evening/night as this is invariably when ill be taking pictures with it...

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi