12  Next
Author Bluetooth PAN @ K850i
CruSifiXken
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-03-01 10:39
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hey everyone!

I'm experimenting with Bluetooth internet.

What I want to do is, I want to share my broadband internet connection via bluetooth to my K850i, so the cellphone can surf the PC's internet.

Now, what I have so far:

My k850i is connected to the PAN Network. (I'm on Vista)

The only problem is I can't share my internet connection with my Bluetooth PAN network...

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!!
sblant
Model not set
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-04-25 23:54
I'm interested in it, no one can connect using bluetooth pan?
please help.
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-04-26 02:09

On 2008-04-25 23:54:30, sblant wrote:
I'm interested in it, no one can connect using bluetooth pan?
please help.

In Vista PAN is setup very differently than 3rd party software/drivers for WinXP SP2. I have found no guide online via google. Don't let this stop you though.

However, try to do the following (either or, or both):

1. BRIDGE the connection between your laptop/desktops WiFi or LAN connection to the PAN BT connection (using the built in BT chipset).

2. Goto the PAN properties and just like your LAN connection (most likely is set to DHCP) you'll NEED to specify a valid IP on the network. Do a command line ipconfig \\all and see what comes up. Somebody else will see this thread and hopefully help out some more.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
Killfr3nzy
T230
PM
Posted: 2008-04-26 13:34
Hey, I share my PC's internet via blueooth with a pan profile, all I did was follow these steps and it all worked;

Code:

I previously used to surf PC Internet on my K810i via Bluetooth and it worked fine. Now i've got K850i and using PC internet via bluetooth on it is quite simple and very useful as it has 160KB/s transfer speed on bluetooth.
(while K810i had only 50-60KB/s)
I'll try to give a briref description how it works on XP (i couldnt get it work on Vista so far).
so here we go
1. Install your bluetooth driver. (i'm using MSI Star Key 2)
2. Go to \"My Bluetooth Places\" and click on \"View My Bluetooth Services\".
3. Right Click \"My Network Access\" and go to properties.
4. Under \"General Tab\" you'll see \"Select the type of service to offer remote devices\".
5. Click the down arrow and select \"Allow other devices to access Internet/LAN via this computer\".
6. Plugin your bluetooth dongle in the usb port and if you dont see \"Bluetooth Network\" you should enable it in Network Conncections.
7. After that go to properties of your default network (LAN/DSL) and enable connection sharing under \"Advanced tab\".
(That's all you need to do on your pc).
8. Now come to your K850.
Add your pc to your mobile bluetooth devices by pairing it.
After pairing go to Bluetooth-->My Devices and connect to your pc. If a notification popups on pc then click to allow.
You dont need to create any separate profile. You can use your default profile. All you have to do is
9. Go to connectivity and under \"internet settings\" set \"Allow Local Conn.\" to \"On\" (default On).
10. Now under streaming settings in select \"Connecting Using\" and then select your pc name or select \"PanUDefaultAccount\". and then allow local connection.
Now whenever you have connected to PC via bluetooth, your pc internet will be used instead of GPRS/EDGE in your internal browser as well as in the Java Applications.
Enjoy and give me feedback.

Thanks to buntoo
buntoo
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2008-05-07 04:10
I'm too looking how to get it work on Vista...
has any1 got it work?
if yes, plz share it with us.

@Killfr3nzy
thanx u followed that tutorial and gave a reference. [addsig]
fishleg
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-05-09 20:51
Hiya,

I'm struggling aswell with this I have k850i and a belkin bluetooth usb adaptor.

I followed this guide below,

on the pc side. hoook up your phone via usb cable and let windows detect and install everything, if it asks for the cd pop in the install cd that came with the phone, the missing driver is on that cd . I did a network bridge (preexisting from k790) my lan and the bluetooth network entry. (this is on vista) (the network sharing method messed up my ps3/wmp library access... so use the bridge method.

on the phone side.
first you pair your phone to your pc. important!! WHEN YOU WANT TO USE THE INET you have to go into settings -> bluetooth -> devices -> select your pcname and hit connect. (verify the connection on your pc the !st time only) and move on when its connected. YOU WILL have to do this each time you want to use the inet in this manor. moving on. unlike the k790, the k850 does NOT show your computer name w/bt icon as an option to choose under data accounts no matter what you do. (if you skip this step you will be able to access web pages, but wont be able to download anything. RSS also will not work .. yet) Create a new data acount. Name it whatever you want. For APN create a name that Matches identicaly, your computer name (the name that shows under bluetooth devices.) The last thing you have to do is go into internet settings, streaming settings, etc and choose the data account you just created, and everywhere you can find allow local, select it.

you have to watch on your pc when you initiate the connection THE FIRST TIME ONLY. Right after you press connect on the phone, the bluetooth incon on your pc should go green. When it does, CLICK ON IT and a setup dialoge should appear for you to enter something like "always allow this connection". Once that has been done... your bluetooth connection failed ... well wont fail anymore.

The problem is when I go to connect to the PC after the first initial connection to enter a passcode that part goes by correctly. Can send pictures use remote controls recieve pictures so obviously phones bluetooth is fine.

When I want to access the internet via bluetooth I go to my devices on the phone then click connect all I seem to get is "Bluetooth Connection Failed".

I'm using Vista btw..... with Windcomm bluetooth drivers.

Please help this is driving me insane..... Also the little bluetooth icon never goes green so I never see the always allow connection.

Also I cant bridge the bluetooth and LAN connection as my computer doesnt allow a bridge between LAN and PAN as some guides suggest.

Thanks,
Fishy

[ This Message was edited by: fishleg on 2008-05-09 19:52 ]

[ This Message was edited by: fishleg on 2008-05-09 19:55 ]
fishleg
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-05-09 21:14
If I go into Network and Internet settings in control panel and click set up a network connection I create a PAN network and it connects to the phone but when accessing the internet I just get the timer glass forever on the phone never seems to ever load the webpage.
Killfr3nzy
T230
PM
Posted: 2008-05-10 19:58
@fishleg:

I also had this at first, whenever i tried connecting to my PC the bluetooth tray turn green and back white, and my K850 gives a error.

I also have widdcomm software, i reinstalled it and setup everything again, and it worked!

@buntoo;

thank you for the tutorial,
fishleg
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-05-11 00:19

On 2008-05-10 19:58:31, Killfr3nzy wrote:
@fishleg:

I also had this at first, whenever i tried connecting to my PC the bluetooth tray turn green and back white, and my K850 gives a error.

I also have widdcomm software, i reinstalled it and setup everything again, and it worked!

@buntoo;

No luck mate installed it countless times off the disk, from website, installed then updated.

Near giving up to be honest...

As soon as I connect to PC for the first time I get a little message box that says a user is trying to connect which I then click which then asks for the code. The icon never seems to change colour .

Where did you get your software from ? I'm using the one off belkin website.

[ This Message was edited by: fishleg on 2008-05-10 23:23 ]
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-11 01:48
I'm quite interested in setting up a Bluetooth PAN network at home but I'm finding that most of our devices - 2x V800's, Samsung Z400v - don't support PAN profile. I've had a look at the White Papers and found that the following devices DO support PAN:

K610, K770, K800, K810, K850, T650, V630, V640, W580, W760, W910.

Basically all Version 2.0 + EDR handsets, but NOT UIQ devices like P1i and W960. I guess Wifi make it unnecessary?

Does anyone know if the iPhone supports PAN and Phonebook Access Profiles?
Best Debater - Esato Awards 2010
Best Phone Review - Esato Awards 2008
Visiting NZ with your mobile - all you need to know
Killfr3nzy
T230
PM
Posted: 2008-05-11 20:29

On 2008-05-11 00:19:29, fishleg wrote:

On 2008-05-10 19:58:31, Killfr3nzy wrote:
@fishleg:

@buntoo;

No luck mate installed it countless times off the disk, from website, installed then updated.

Near giving up to be honest...

As soon as I connect to PC for the first time I get a little message box that says a user is trying to connect which I then click which then asks for the code. The icon never seems to change colour .

Where did you get your software from ? I'm using the one off belkin website.

[ This Message was edited by: fishleg on 2008-05-10 23:23 ]

I use a Sweex bluetooth stick, so my software is from : www.sweex.com
fishleg
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-05-12 22:40
I'm using vista, are you ?

Think vista is the problem to be honest... tried your software but it doesnt support vista so I guess your using XP.
Killfr3nzy
T230
PM
Posted: 2008-05-13 21:07

On 2008-05-12 22:40:44, fishleg wrote:
I'm using vista, are you ?

Think vista is the problem to be honest... tried your software but it doesnt support vista so I guess your using XP.

Yes, im on XP Pro, my pc downstairs has vista and nothing works on that, so im also thinking vista is the problem ..
jyao
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-06-07 11:53
I have the same problem with Vista.

I have a M600i and a P1i. Both can connect to my XP via Bluetooth PAN (Local), then through ICS to access the Internet connection on my XP notebook. I had to manually set the IP address for Bluetooth PAN network adaptor on the XP to 192.168.0.1. Everything else was automatic.

However when I tried to use the same setup for Vista, my mobile can establish the Bluetooth PAN connection with Vista, but cannot access the Internet.
strizlow800
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2008-06-07 17:20
Well I have XP Pro SP2 but NEVER got the bluetooth PAN working... I've been trying veeeerry long time to make the internal browser work with bluetooth PAN (I succeeded only with java apps, but that sucks when it comes to downloads...)... Anyway I have tried with many phones... K800, K810, W800, K750, P990 and no sucess at all...

I have seen several tutorials about this but require installing widcomm bluetooth drivers, but my bluetooth dongle does not support widcomm drivers... Is there any way to make 2 way bluetooth LAN access with XP SP2 and the phone? (especially K800)???
Sony Ericsson software/hardware support!

Phone Flashing Tutorial (DB2020 CID49/51/52)
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi