Esato

Forum > General discussions > General > The Monthly Esato Camera Phone Shootout - March

Author The Monthly Esato Camera Phone Shootout - March
rockygali
K810 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-03-10 10:32
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I think might go with Oli's suggestion... its the very basic and atleast we are using Esato's resources...

for now.. all entries who wishes to run thru Esato Pic Archives are suggested to do so... but in the spirit of sportsmanship i guess others could upload to a server that can also display EXIF data.... in order to be fair to others who previously uploaded to somewhere else...

i guess in this month.... every contestant/participant should know how lay their cards down by letting the viewers know the EXIF data, except screenshots of their monitors (which is not so good, coz you can still edit the text).

then again... i could be wrong...

but cheers to DJ for starting the March thread....

*sigh* just dont know when i can participate...
"Darkness is the absence of light.. and not the opposite..."
crossmatched
C901 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-03-10 15:07
@rockygali

start kabayan as soon as possible
www.secondmanonthemoon.blogspot.com
we are all works under progress
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2008-03-10 16:25
@oli: i thought the same in the first contest. we can link the non-small picture here and if we need to see it in full size, we just click on it.
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2008-03-11 01:17
Yeah, exactly.

I think pretty much everyone will agree with this idea.
This message was posted in the mail
2008, 2009, 2010 Best Australasian Member.
Coquito
W810 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-03-11 01:19
yeah is a good idea, i m totally agree
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2008-03-11 07:47
Agree
10 years at Esato
DonJuan
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-03-11 19:29

On 2008-03-10 09:37:17, Muhammad-Oli wrote:
I think the photos should be uploaded to the Esato Camera Photo section and either linked to this thread, or uploaded again in this thread with a link to the Camera Phone Section below it.

That way its also very easy to access the data because Esato has done all the work for you. Maybe something you could implement for April!

i totally agree with this one, good idea.

However it says on Esatos uploading part post your UNEDTITED pictures. I would like to still allow editing on here, so whoever uploads them and does edit them you MUST put down if you edited them. Or your pic will not be allowed
Amras
C702 Speed Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-03-11 21:42
Before the time runs out, I think I'm just gonna post this pic.

For me, speaking about colors is often including speaking about find the correct color (in many aspects of this life). It can mean literally, or figuratively. Sometimes in this life, we just have to find the right color of our path of life. And it all is simply to make our lives as colorful as it should be.

So this is my pic, my colorful "color index" book. It often helps me to find the right colors - literally. LoL.

Editing:
1. Resized to 600x800.
2. Adding of blue tone in Colour Balance (each 4 points on midtones & highlights).

The original pic is here:
http://www.esato.com/phonephotos/viewphotos.php?pid=10347#
You can see the date information, and more stuffs there.

Taken with K850. The color reproduction is quite accurate btw (you can try to put some color palette with the CMYK combination written there and match it with the pic taken.. if you want ).

[ This Message was edited by: Amras on 2008-03-11 20:49 ]
Amras
C702 Speed Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-03-11 21:47
Anyway.. for those who haven't known yet, you can try to upload your original pic here:
http://www.esato.com/phonephotos/

It allows you to post max. 2MB-pic. Just to prove the date or some other stuffs (some EXIF data perhaps). Meanwhile, you can edit the original pic (to have a better look), then save it, then upload it differently then post it here as the "official submission", then add some additional info of the editing process.

Cause according to the rules, I assume that minor retouches is allowed and as long as the editing process is mentioned here.

[addsig]
DonJuan
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-03-12 07:35
nice pic Amras, instead of having it uploaded to esatos server, how does everyone feel about to photobucket insread?
Amras
C702 Speed Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-03-12 09:06

On 2008-03-12 07:35:51, DonJuan wrote:
nice pic Amras, instead of having it uploaded to esatos server, how does everyone feel about to photobucket insread?

Thanks, DonJuan.

I uploaded it to Photobucket. But the original pic was uploaded to Esato cause it's larger than 1MB (Photobucket has restriction of 1MB max a pic).

Anyway.. the reason I uploaded the original pic is for showing the EXIF data (and anyway I'm using it for another thread in Esato). [addsig]
sunils120
W705 Red
PM
Posted: 2008-03-12 09:40
my entry for this months contest:

unaltered pic straight from phone
i love the colours my w810 reproduces.
i my k700i and 810i
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2008-03-12 11:57

Not everyone will want to sign up at photobucket and go through all that drama, etc. I think Esato is heaps easier. Although I have a flickr account... Would that work?

Actually, what's the problem with Esato anyway?
This message was posted in the mail
2008, 2009, 2010 Best Australasian Member.
Amras
C702 Speed Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-03-12 14:49

On 2008-03-12 11:57:20, Muhammad-Oli wrote:

Not everyone will want to sign up at photobucket and go through all that drama, etc. I think Esato is heaps easier. Although I have a flickr account... Would that work?

Actually, what's the problem with Esato anyway?

Esato only receive the original/unedited pics. Original pics usually comes with large resolution, while the contest allows only max 800 pixels for the longest side of the pic.

So my solution will be..

1. Post the original pic here in Esato: just to prove that some EXIF data, esp the date info as required.

2. Then post the edited pics (the resized one, with some retouch if you want) in other host (Photobucket, Imageshack, etc).

This edited pic is the one to be submitted here, along with the Esato link that refers to the original file. For the contest itself, just rate the submission. Original link is for date info requirement.

This way.. of course, you upload twice, but you have the best solution to submit the resized pic (for the submission entry) yet still provide the EXIF info as shown in the original pic in Esato server. And the greatest news is the EXIF data can't be edited - since Esato only accept the original one. So the date info will be as valid as "valid".

e.g.
My submission is a resized pic (with some PS retouches) and hosted in Photobucket. It's the official submission of my entry.

But I uploaded the original file once again in Esato server so anyone can see the original pic, which shows the valid date info that is required.

p.s. I'm speaking about this Esato server ---> please click:
http://www.esato.com/phonephotos/

Speaking about Photobucket account, I'm also happen to be a holder of this kind photography contest. I made a personal account in Photobucket, and based on trust between each member, I made the account to be used [n]collectively[/n]. So I shared the username and password so that anyone who wants to participate can easily upload his/her pic to the account I made.

Think DonJuan can do the same. It can provide people the account needed and also archiving all the pics that's ever submitted. Will be neat, don't you think?

As the account creator, DonJuan will have the access to his own private email account that is used during the sign up in Photobucket. So if it happens anyone changed the password, DonJuan can easily reset it - cause only DonJuan who knows the email account used to make the Photobucket account. So it's still secure for being hacked.

I can't explain very well in English, but hope you get it. ^^

[ This Message was edited by: Amras on 2008-03-12 13:58 ]
rockygali
K810 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-03-13 04:55
here is my entry.....

i had to take an overtime last night... got myself bored...
and suddenly i remembered the theme of the month about being colourful

i know its not as creative as it may come... but i guess this is as simple as i can get in representing COLORS from the office....

hope you guys enjoy!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

From Esato Phtoto Archive:

http://www.esato.com/phonephotos/viewphotos.php?pid=10381

TIA

share your pic and earn: http://www.shareapic.net/content.php?gid=269566&owner=bluviper

[ This Message was edited by: rockygali on 2008-03-13 03:56 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic