Author New Sony Ericsson G Series
benitorios
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2008-04-18 12:33
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
G900's review by Mobile Review now available in English:

http://www.mobile-review.com/review/sonyericsson-g900-en.shtml

A quite positive review overall, and interestingly Eldar also mentions up to 6 extra G series handsets this year !
bavlondon2
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-04-18 23:46
Yeah but the camera is probably the worst 5MP cam ever in all 5mp phones that have come to the market.

G900 is just a rehash of the P1 with a slightly jigged menu interface, nothing new at all except a few different layouts in meny here and there.

[ This Message was edited by: bavlondon2 on 2008-04-18 22:47 ]
apolloa
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2008-04-19 03:14
The G900 is nothing like the P1i, it's RUMOURED to have the same CPU platform and maybe the same WiFi chip and bluetooth chip, but it has difference chassis, mainboard, camera which is way better, it has a D button, a smaller and better screen, a VASTLY improved interface that has an almost totally different layout and screens and the camera interface has been completely reworked.

So it may run the same software underneath but IMO it's now perfected and works properly with proper finger friendly input. Looking at videos it also appears to run faster then the P1i can. I have no doubt the camera will be better then the P1i's, I am in now way what so ever expecting it to match the K850 cause it's not a camera phone. But having face detection and touch screen focus point is pretty cool.
chombos1
P990
PM
Posted: 2008-04-19 09:53
the camera can be even better than the K850i (with proper software tweaks)

those M-R samples makes me think of a dirty lens or a faulty camera!!!

i have seen much better G900 camera samples at www.Gsmarena.com
imazz
C702 Speed Black
PM
Posted: 2008-04-19 11:50
Was i reading the speed test graphs correctly? Coz it looked to me like the P1i beat the G900 on everything.

I thought the photos were awful but put it down to prototype phones.
bavlondon2
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-04-19 12:17

On 2008-04-19 03:14:03, apolloa wrote:
The G900 is nothing like the P1i, it's RUMOURED to have the same CPU platform and maybe the same WiFi chip and bluetooth chip, but it has difference chassis, mainboard, camera which is way better, it has a D button, a smaller and better screen, a VASTLY improved interface that has an almost totally different layout and screens and the camera interface has been completely reworked.

So it may run the same software underneath but IMO it's now perfected and works properly with proper finger friendly input. Looking at videos it also appears to run faster then the P1i can. I have no doubt the camera will be better then the P1i's, I am in now way what so ever expecting it to match the K850 cause it's not a camera phone. But having face detection and touch screen focus point is pretty cool.

Your joking about the cam right? lol Even the P1s pics look better than any of those G900 pics. Its shockingley bad.
chombos1
P990
PM
Posted: 2008-04-19 12:31

On 2008-04-19 09:53:44, chombos1 wrote:
the camera can be even better than the K850i (with proper software tweaks)

those M-R samples makes me think of a dirty lens or a faulty camera!!!

i have seen much better G900 camera samples at http://www.Gsmarena.com
Nipsen
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-04-19 16:23

On 2008-04-19 03:14:03, apolloa wrote:

So it may run the same software underneath but IMO it's now perfected and works properly with proper finger friendly input. Looking at videos it also appears to run faster(...)

Wow. You're as bad as the nokia- boys. Seriously, you don't know a damn thing about what's under the plastic. But we do know it's the same power- consumption, the same components, as well as the same manufacturer for the camera - none of which is a sign of quality. And judging by the pictures - it's also suffering from the exact same problems as the p1. Judging from testimonies about the test- units, the device also has the exact same issues with the firmware as the p1 still has.

Which again only proves that they couldn't care less about the problems with the phones, and are only happy to blame the customers for not buying their devices when the sales drop. Same old, same old.

We fanboys.
bavlondon2
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-04-19 16:43
Good call Nipsen. I dont know why people are always so optimistic on here about pic quality in new phones. "SE will tweak it", "cameras are always tweaked last". After the problems we saw with the P1 and K850 do you really think SE are going to sort out the C902 and G900? Both pics look absolutley shoddy. Nokia 6220 will probably wipe the floor with both of them for pics. Infact its the same 5mp module as used in the N95 so it will wipe the floor with them for sure.

SE has bottomed out in regards to pics. Just face facts. They used to be good for music and imaging but they have not kept momentum and instead are straggling behind even Samsung for those things.
Nipsen
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-04-19 17:45
Yes. But the pics is just an illustration of what SE is doing. I.e., taking unfinished work - which they know well have been criticised heavily already - and then slap it on their next phone. And then hails it as "the new unit" with everything new and shiny on.

I think that's unacceptable, and I would be very surprised if anyone else really thought that was perfectly all right.

We could see the same on the p1 - problems that were belatedly fixed on the m600 at the "final" fimware, then turned up on the p1 again. I drew up a few possible rationalisations to explain that. But then it took six months before the selections were taken care of (and there are still loads of places in the soft where it's left alone) - and this isn't the exception, it's the rule. SE is recycling bugs, and spending time solving the same problems on each phone individually.

And obviously that results in a much worse phone, with more bugs than is necessary. Which is a crying shame - because it means sabotaging the few developers and the small market- share UIQ phones have already.

Not in the least, it also means that I will never have my goddamned phone fixed.
The p1 Whiki - report your bugs, and add feature requests here.

"Brothers and Sisters, believe! Believe in the salvation of Demand Paging, 'eah!"
bavlondon2
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-04-19 17:53
This is why im hesitant to buy SE again.
Nipsen
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-04-19 18:14
Right - what's the point with buying a new expensive phone, when you can get the same unresolved bugs on a two- year old phone, for less than half the price, instead?

"Brothers and Sisters, believe! Believe in the salvation of Demand Paging, 'eah!"
bavlondon2
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-04-19 18:18
Or better yet just dont by anything they make anymore until they can demonstrate they are capable of making decent working phones like they used to.

Nipsen
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-04-19 18:52
Sounds good to me.

bavlondon2
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-04-19 18:57
Im just waiting for the 6220 to come out. GPS, FP2, xenon flash and 5mp module from the N95 not to mention 30 fps video. Im going to get a 32gb touch soon so that will serve my wifi needs but as far as a phone goes I would never consider either of these phones unless they were dirst cheap and even then I wouldnt get it lol
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 39 404142  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic