Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1 discussion

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 423424425 ... 504505506  Next
Author Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1 discussion
bloob
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-11-12 02:46
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Microsoft has posted a fix for the Windows Mobile Send Email bug which affects POP3 and IMAP email accounts. You can search and download it from Microsoft Downloads.
gseh88
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-11-12 03:18
Bloob, the patch and link is also on a separate posting on this site.

I'm also curious why everyone seems so obsessed with TF3D. I also have a Touch Pro and found it pretty poor. I admit it looks GREAT but once that wears off, the reality is:
1. The Today screen can't be configured to include your favourite apps.
2. The Today screen shows tomorrow's appointments before today's so you only see today's appointments if you have nothing on tomorrow!
3. Tapping on the Calendar on the Today screen always brings you to the Windows PIM even if you install a 3rd party PIM and have made it the default.
4. Favourite Contacts kept disappearing and had to be set up again.
5. The Outlook account icon kept disappearing from the Messages screen of TF3D (even though the account itself was still there and when unread mail was synched to it, the number of unread messages would increase). The only fix was a hard reset.
6. The volume settings when using the TF3D media player were totally inadequate. The only volume buttons available were the hardware buttons on the side and on the Touch Pro, the minimum setting was OK on the tube train but way too loud in most other situations (admittedly I use very sensitive ear phones - Shure se530). On the Windows Media Player, there is a separate volume control on the bottom right which could also be adjusted to take into account the sensitvity of the ear phones being used.
7. On the TF3D music player album artwork did not appear on some albums but did for others even though they appear on all when using Windows Media.

These are just issues I remember off the top of my head so there are lots of others I've forgotten. You can see why it puzzles me when you all seem to rave about TF3D. Is this a case of the grass being greener.........

[ This Message was edited by: gseh88 on 2008-11-12 02:19 ]

[ This Message was edited by: gseh88 on 2008-11-12 02:24 ]
gauravsali
T650 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-11-12 07:14
Can we play music in background while perfoming other tasks on x1 ?
myth®
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-11-12 09:37

On 2008-11-12 00:34:19, max_wedge wrote:
you can also click the taskbar items to minimise or maximise any open program.

Yes, this is another nice and useful feature of the application
HTC HD2 [16 GB] + SE HBH-DS980
the_mont
P990
PM
Posted: 2008-11-12 10:45

On 2008-11-12 03:18:57, gseh88 wrote:

I'm also curious why everyone seems so obsessed with TF3D. I also have a Touch Pro and found it pretty poor. I admit it looks GREAT but once that wears off, the reality is:
1. The Today screen can't be configured to include your favourite apps.
2. The Today screen shows tomorrow's appointments before today's so you only see today's appointments if you have nothing on tomorrow!
3. Tapping on the Calendar on the Today screen always brings you to the Windows PIM even if you install a 3rd party PIM and have made it the default.
4. Favourite Contacts kept disappearing and had to be set up again.
5. The Outlook account icon kept disappearing from the Messages screen of TF3D (even though the account itself was still there and when unread mail was synched to it, the number of unread messages would increase). The only fix was a hard reset.
6. The volume settings when using the TF3D media player were totally inadequate. The only volume buttons available were the hardware buttons on the side and on the Touch Pro, the minimum setting was OK on the tube train but way too loud in most other situations (admittedly I use very sensitive ear phones - Shure se530). On the Windows Media Player, there is a separate volume control on the bottom right which could also be adjusted to take into account the sensitvity of the ear phones being used.
7. On the TF3D music player album artwork did not appear on some albums but did for others even though they appear on all when using Windows Media.

These are just issues I remember off the top of my head so there are lots of others I've forgotten. You can see why it puzzles me when you all seem to rave about TF3D. Is this a case of the grass being greener.........

[ This Message was edited by: gseh88 on 2008-11-12 02:19 ]

[ This Message was edited by: gseh88 on 2008-11-12 02:24 ]

Hi Bloob,

Firstly not everyone is obsessed with TF3, so each to there own. Others like SPB, some like the default panels. So it always surprises me when someone attacks a product, without seeking help or clarification on the problems they have. Many of us will and can help (if you're interested) but if not, no worries either. Obviously your experience is not a good one, but others (as you've said) do not share your problems, with the same device... question should be why? Or is your view the only view? Like I said, we might be able to help - if you'd like it.

Just a thought: maybe you have an old version of the TF3 conversion? Where did you download it from? As there is more than one version floating around.

In repsonse, :
1. Not at the moment, but this is being worked on, check out XDA=Developers.
2. I use appointments, and my screen displays them in order
3. I have tried other PIM's and this is a Windows mobile issue, a registry change is required for it to be used as the default program. Much like Internet Exploder over Opera Browser.
4. Don't have this issue at all.
5. Don't have this issue at all.
6. Your statement doesn't make sense? It's not loud enough, or it's too loud? Most would be extremely happy to hear it's too loud - as you can always turn it down. Hardware buttons - and the problem is?
7. Don't have this issue, what is your recording format? I have both MP3's and WMA's running and displaying album correctly through the TF3D player. I even have some music in different folders (my documents, music, my_music, etc.) and it still picks up the album art correctly from them.

So once again, here to help, but if it's still not for you, that's ok. That's why we have a choice.

Chris

[ This Message was edited by: the_mont on 2008-11-12 09:50 ]
the_mont
P990
PM
Posted: 2008-11-12 11:01

On 2008-11-12 07:14:24, gauravsali wrote:

Certainly can
myth®
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-11-12 11:10
One has to expect and accept different behaviours with different fw versions, configurations and environments (other 3rd party apps) which may interfere and cause such problems for some users.

Considering that the Touch Flo UI hasn't been developed with X1 in mind, you should expect compatibility issues or niggles here and there. That is more than normal.

Turning this thread into a Touch Flo discussion will be a waste of time and bandwidth for lots of us, as I'm sure that there are lots of exciting features of this phone to be discussed, shared and helped with.

P.S.: A separate TF thread may be a good idea..

[ This Message was edited by: myth® on 2008-11-12 10:32 ]
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2008-11-12 11:11

On 2008-11-12 11:01:43, the_mont wrote:

On 2008-11-12 07:14:24, gauravsali wrote:

Certainly can

however, if you started the music from the media xperience panel and then change panel, the music will stop. if you use windows media player from the programs menu, or any other 3rd party player, it will continue regardless of what panel or other software you switch to
luwi
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2008-11-12 15:25
yahooooooooooooooooo! i got my xperia black finally from clove! im so impressed with it!
Mizzle
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-11-12 15:44
@mass
That's not entirely correct. You can use the xperience panel to play music while still performing quite a few actions, such as writing messages or playing with the settings. It works on mine.

It didn't initially work, but I tried it once more, and then it worked

[ This Message was edited by: Mizzle on 2008-11-12 14:45 ]
bertrandchiu
W610 Orange
PM
Posted: 2008-11-12 15:46
US Release date set for 11/28.
engadgetmobile.com posted the to-be-announced press release.

There is also a post on their hands-on review.
W610i, W800i
Nitro Fan
W960
PM
Posted: 2008-11-12 18:17

On 2008-11-12 15:46:14, bertrandchiu wrote:
US Release date set for 11/28.
engadgetmobile.com posted the to-be-announced press release.

There is also a post on their hands-on review.

I was warming to the X1 again, then I read engadgets hands on report it does not make good reading, I quote
"just changing panels was a 10 to 30 second affair" WHAT! "and icons on the panels themselves generally took 5 or more seconds to respond to an input "
This merely reinforces my belief that this device is NOT ready yet and the people jokingly refer to as "Software Engineers" have clearly NOT up'ed their game in any way. I am so fed up!
I have owned the ... T68i T610, P800, P900, P910, P990, W950, P1, W960 But SE have now totally lost the plot.
melk
X1 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-11-12 18:28
Did anyone try to pair X1 with a stereo bluetooth handsfree (like HBH-DS970 or HBH-DS980)?

Do we get good audio quality, remote control and track/caller names on the lcd?
Once you start down the path,
forever will it dominate your destiny!!!
pmcg
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-11-12 18:34

On 2008-11-12 00:06:39, M.Noordin wrote:
Hi guys, can one help me by telling me how to get the internet settings.. because i cant sign in to windows live.. it keeps saying unable to establish connections..

Exactly the same problem on Vodafone.

Unable to establish connection

?
the_mont
P990
PM
Posted: 2008-11-12 18:46

On 2008-11-12 18:34:07, pmcg wrote:

On 2008-11-12 00:06:39, M.Noordin wrote:
Hi guys, can one help me by telling me how to get the internet settings.. because i cant sign in to windows live.. it keeps saying unable to establish connections..

Exactly the same problem on Vodafone.

Unable to establish connection

?

Phone vodafone, I was amongst the first wave to receive my X1 (had it over 2 weeks now) on Vodafone, and it all works fine for me .

Chris
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 423424425 ... 504505506  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic