Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1 discussion

Previous  123 ... 363738 ... 504505506  Next
Author Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1 discussion
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2008-02-11 22:26
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
what's this i hear about it being made by HTC!?

although, that does mean it shouldn't have any bugs at roll out, if HTC have coded it...

hehe
bavlondon2
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-02-11 22:30
Look at this tool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOW_pyzcH9g
Turboguard
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-02-11 22:46
I seriously don't understand why all the new SE never feels up to date.
It's so stupid. Can't they just make a good phone. Let's say X1 for example.
The design, it's so ugly, and why add a bunch of shit that is just useless like those buttons on the front. Why not have them in the screen, as thouch. And the keyboard, yeah, it's handy but it could have been optimized for it's size.

The outlay is awfull. The OS is ugly.

It feels like something SE could have made around the the time they released the k800.

I'm seriously dissapointed and I hope they really have some mayor news that will blow this world with the P5.

anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2008-02-11 22:47

On 2008-02-11 18:36:01, Lemmin wrote:
Um. The X1 is clearly a consumer device, not a business one. All the X1 information is about how it is a "premium multimedia device" and all about "the experience". Its clearly being aimed at the iPhone, not as a business phone. Theres little mention of business features for the X1.

No, i think you misunderstand. The X1 is a Windows Mobile Professional device. That means, by default, that it's perfectly set up for business & enterprise use - it has Exchange support, it has Mobile Office, it has every productivity feature you can dream of. It also has a good size qwerty keyboard to drive it all, and every kind of connectivity on board, including Activesync, through a no-nonsense mini USB port rather than a propietary connector. Rather than being an Iphone killer, it's very firmly in the HTC Tytn/Toshiba Portege class of pro device. How do they differentiate it from the established competition? By extolling its multimedia credentials, sony style etc. The business side sells itself anyway

The serious business user looking to SE for a phone will buy the X1. It's a no-brainer - it's got the style, quality and individuality of an SE but with total compatibility with all their office systems and everything they might want or need to run on it. In truth, the P series has never really had that. UIQ2 got close, but UIQ3 lost them too ruch traction - it's a little late to be pushing it as a serious enterprise platform now.

Where does that leave the P5? As an entertainment powerhouse with 16m colour screen, longer battery life, 5mp cam, a groovier more consumer-friendly UI, etc etc. That's my take on it anyway.

Incidentally, aGPS just means the gps reciever is assisted by downloaded data on satellite positions, enabling it to get a faster lock on. The Tytn II (based on a similar Qualcomm integrated chip) is the same - a Quick GPS applet periodically downloads satellite data. The GPS works without it, but takes longer to find enough sat signals.

[ This Message was edited by: Boinng on 2008-02-11 22:14 ]
sdsviet
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-02-11 22:54

On 2008-02-11 22:30:44, bavlondon2 wrote:
Look at this tool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOW_pyzcH9g

what kind of product manager is this. he doesnt even know squat about the product.

[ This Message was edited by: sdsviet on 2008-02-11 21:56 ]
mobman
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-02-11 22:57
Quote:

On 2008-02-11 22:46:21, Turboguard wrote:
The design, it's so ugly, and why add a bunch of shit that is just useless like those buttons on the front. Why not have them in the screen, as thouch. And the keyboard, yeah, it's handy but it could have been optimized for it's size.

It feels like something SE could have made around the the time they released the k800.

I'm seriously dissapointed and I hope they really have some mayor news that will blow this world with the P5.

i seriously couldn't disagree more with any of what you just said!
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2008-02-11 23:03

On 2008-02-11 22:46:21, Turboguard wrote:

Ok, I thought and thought and what I made up was this question:
Are you human?
not_me
W910 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-02-11 23:05

On 2008-02-11 22:54:17, sdsviet wrote:

what kind of product manager is this. he doesnt even know squat about the product.

[ This Message was edited by: sdsviet on 2008-02-11 21:56 ]

well, maybe he works for se and they just got it from HTC, a few days before the announcement and he hadn't any time for learning about it's features and functions !
I didn't watch the whole video, but I read somewhere they don't show more of the ui than those 9 screens panel, probably there software isn't ready yet, and that's all which is working right now !
XPHCTOC
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-02-11 23:11
seen on myphone.gr lol

X1 aka the "untouchable": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-JaxMutdps
hahaha

[ This Message was edited by: XPHCTOC on 2008-02-11 22:13 ]
bavlondon2
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-02-11 23:15
OK so I think ive found some info on the procesor.

Its Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM7200a - 520Mhz
my ninja
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2008-02-11 23:19
tuboguard is right,

the phone is ugly, no 2 ways about it, however with he and i we seem to be in the eXtreme minority, however that doesnt mean you can question our humanity because of it, its a stylistic difference whose language i feel is implemented horrifically.

nice screen though (pxl count + size, not colors ...)

anyway i want a HIGH (nose bleed status) end SE device, THIS is not it.

i think that SE has something to take on the N96, but unfortunately we have to wait for that, whenever UIQ announces their hot ticket item UIQ 4, i feel well see some devices intro'd with that.

xperia should NOT have that clunky mess of plastic at the bottom for buttons, it seems as though the bottom of the phone got lost somewhere between function and aesthetics and tripped over a landmine.

its just an ugly peice of tech. the lines throughout the body are implemented chaotically. it needs to go back and finish cooking.

[ This Message was edited by: my ninja on 2008-02-11 22:20 ]
not_me
W910 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-02-11 23:20
people keep on making fun of ,
first because the x1 apparently isn't made by them, remember engadgetmobile's header :
"No wonder Sony Ericsson's XPERIA X1 is so good: HTC makes it"
Second they have a product manager who has apparently no idea what he is talking about
and third it's getting a bit too obvious that the software and probably the only thing that se made themselves isn't ready or/and completly buggy.
hansen
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-02-11 23:27
From SE "GPS and AGPS white paper" located at http://developer.sonyericsson[....]obal/docstools/misc/p_misc.jsp

"The idea behind Assisted GPS is to decrease the start-up times so that it does not take longer than a warm start, even if the receiver has not been on during the last couple of hours. To achieve this, resources other than the GPS satellites help the GPS receiver to gain the information needed to find the satellite signals and to calculate its position.

In addition to GPS satellites and GPS receivers, the receiver in an A-GPS network communicates with an assistance server. Since the A-GPS receiver and the assistance server share tasks, and the assistance server has high processing power and access to a reference network, the process is quicker and more efficient than regular GPS."
abinge05
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2008-02-11 23:49

On 2008-02-11 23:20:25, not_me wrote:
people keep on making fun of ,
first because the x1 apparently isn't made by them, remember engadgetmobile's header :
"No wonder Sony Ericsson's XPERIA X1 is so good: HTC makes it"
Second they have a product manager who has apparently no idea what he is talking about
and third it's getting a bit too obvious that the software and probably the only thing that se made themselves isn't ready or/and completly buggy.

He's the head of marketing, he had nothing to do with the product, he said that when they asked him. However, if it were my decision, I would put somebody who is MUCH more enthusiastic about the product in charge of marketing. If it were me, I wouldn't be able to contain myself at these events, I would be bragging about my product until they pulled me off of the stage.
As for the people who say SE's devices aren't high end enough, complaining that it only competes with the N96, are you kidding me? What else do you want in a CELL PHONE? And by the way, the people who are saying these things obviously cannot read because it has been said multiple times that the Pnext may be announced within a few days, but I guess that won't be high end enough for you either.

[ This Message was edited by: abinge05 on 2008-02-11 22:51 ]
jack00
T650 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-02-11 23:51
the only thing thats bugging me with this device, is windows and the low amount of internal memory
rest is perfectly fine
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 363738 ... 504505506  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic