Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1 discussion

Previous  123 ... 317318319 ... 504505506  Next
Author Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1 discussion
xironghostx
W350 White
PM
Posted: 2008-10-09 20:10
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Ive been talking to a guy who have the retail version of Xperia X1.

This was the last he said about it:
"It feels like a porche with beetle engine, slow speed but looks good"

So, is it true?

[ This Message was edited by: xironghostx on 2008-10-09 19:11 ]
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2008-10-09 20:11
@Goglo

That was back when people were saying it would have a SE media player but now it has been confirmed it is just the Windows Media Player re skinned the same Media player as found on any WM device so doesn't have an EQ mega bass or Track ID.

@all

I'm not sure what all the delays are but the VodaFone line of a delayed release due to a bug they have discovered just prior to release is more worrying IMO as who knows when that will e resolved.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2008-10-09 19:12 ]
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2008-10-09 20:16
I guess most people will use a 3rd party player such as coreplayer as people do now with WM devices

as for a Vodafone bug, well they will go branding these things with their own stuff
Nitro Fan
W960
PM
Posted: 2008-10-09 20:33

On 2008-10-09 15:16:44, netnerd wrote:
SONY X1 DELAYED TIL END OF OCTOMBER!
from clove.co.uk email!
this is ridiculous! i'm cancelling my order!

"We have been informed today, by Sony Ericsson that the first of the Sony XPERIA X1 units have been delayed until the end of October"

I hate to say told you so, But I did point out some time ago that IMHO SE would not be ready until November or later seems I may well have been correct
I have owned the ... T68i T610, P800, P900, P910, P990, W950, P1, W960 But SE have now totally lost the plot.
WhyBe
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-10-09 20:38
OK, BengalBoy has the newest X1i. It has 5 UMTS bands
It has 256MB of RAM
It is very fast!
He has "prototype commercial hardware".

Start reading about it here on his X1 thread
Ves
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-10-09 20:39

On 2008-10-09 20:10:05, xironghostx wrote:

So, is it true?

Ouch... that is not what I had hoped for. How much RAM does it have?
Nitro Fan
W960
PM
Posted: 2008-10-09 20:42

On 2008-10-09 20:10:05, xironghostx wrote:

So, is it true?

I looked at one demo vid and made the comment "It ran like a dog" seems I was not the only one who was not very impressed with the performance, nor was my mate who just laughed at the speed of those "oh so marvellous" panels.
Now no 384Mb RAM
This is becoming just the latest in a long line of debacles.

I have owned the ... T68i T610, P800, P900, P910, P990, W950, P1, W960 But SE have now totally lost the plot.
xironghostx
W350 White
PM
Posted: 2008-10-09 20:59
This is everything he said:
(well, translated in google translate, so..)

Hello,

Well today hands on a Xperia.

Interface:
3 / 5 - Feels pretty dated. The menus are somewhat tough and it takes its time in the beginning, before coming into the way to work. Pretty neat for a while but it feels like that this phone has to grow for a time before you become friends with it.

Camera:
3.2 MPX. Had hoped that it was 5mpx when most others have it. But quite ok picture.

Screen:
Press feature is quite ok. FINALLY has gone from the screens that feels like "double stocks" as my old P1 has.

Keyboard:
Yes, you should not have clumsy fingers. Reger quite ok. Good to write on. Nice. Have metal edges on the side, feels solid. Wonderful feeling when it folded out keyboard.

Peel / Casing:
Metal / plastic. Feels sturdy! The pen is probably the best (and most handsome) pen so far on the Sony Ericsson front. NOTE: Stop NOT the battery the wrong way, turned it up and down the first time. Is that not a direct function of the puzzle as it is usually found.

Headset:
Finally a robust headset with 3.5 mm plug -> use their own headsets

Questions?

--

Yes, the panels put and I have not had to menus that I vill.Jag van then G900 is that you need icons. On this view, more like pages (bad expression) that you click on. If my ex. GOOGLE-select the image (web-browser, so skip it until after about 2 seconds. Then freeze it (the picture looks blurred out) while it loads. Like to see without glasses - a bit blurred. then it will. Is _not_ impressed by scrolling function between menus. Similar vista a little careful when scroll between them, but you can sloooww. not sync.

The memory card, which sits in is a SanDisk 4 gb, micro. located under the fold of the page. I think many will criticize the fold, right, it is nice - but it will break. There are as nothing to the hectare stuck in the phone except for two small metal buds. They will break

Can not say how much the framework of its o I have not found so far. Is to scroll through menus and understand GUI't as we speak.

--

I have not come that far yet. So it MUST be able to switch to the icon menu. These "menus" makes me crazy! They are not user-friendly and it is most like trying to make it more graphically than functionally appealing. I will not use this phone. Stick to my iPhone.

--

I agree. Feels when I use it as either 1) the first software version must be updated. I give it maybe 2-3 months before it feels driveability. 2) Sony Ericsson made the water over their heads when they are running Windows Mobile. I think we won more on running the Symbian. This feels like a Porsche with beetle engine. It goes slowly, but it looks good.

--

I must give praise to Sony for one thing. The steering plate. Took a while before I discovered it, but the biggest button on the bottom of the display functions as a touchpad - nice! Something to emulate Apple's side perhaps?

knutte
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2008-10-09 21:01
Is there a virtualkeybord for textmessaging with one hand?
Like a regular phone with t9

[ This Message was edited by: knutte on 2008-10-09 20:03 ]
WhyBe
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-10-09 21:07

On 2008-10-09 17:02:12, Humble wrote:
...I will make a little wager here to all the Xperia buyers,
Mark this thread
Another prophesy; I can feel it in my waters lol.
Xperia buyers are obviously Tech heads and like aesthetics,
The Xperia You purchase will become outdated in 2-3 months Simple!!
theres a big rumbling in the next gen market, u500 is out q1/2 i can go on
which one for you TEGRA mali200 apx2500 omap3, all of these are powerhouses!!!

Back months ago, when people were complaining about the X1 is taking too long and will be surpassed by better devices, this never happened.

Diamond
TouchPro
Omnia
G1
now Touch HD

as I stated a while ago...all other are still bowing down to the X1. At best, new devices will either match the specs of the X1 or exceed in a feature or two (while being a dissapointment on other features). Technology only allows so much at any particular moment. This whole idea of next gen coming out so soon and changing the game is just a pipe dream ( enjoy your X1's for the time being). Hardware alone isn't going to change anything. There has to be an OS and software support to go with it, and most importantly, the public has to WANT to buy it. Yes, one day the market will be taken over by next-gen devices, but not so soon...not in such a grand, revolutionary way. Those next-gen prototypes DO look amazing, but as of now, there's no substance behind them, just really pretty GUI's.

JUST IN CASE THIS POST WAS MISSED

It has 256MB of RAM
It is very fast!

[ This Message was edited by: WhyBe on 2008-10-09 20:10 ]
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2008-10-09 21:10
@Masseur

Not so sure Voda are that bad at branding now a days unless they treat WM differently the last Voda handset i had only had a Voda Live Icon and that was it. But i suppose once some one has one we will know for sure and until then can just guess.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2008-10-09 20:10 ]
tech-legend
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-10-09 21:36
The X1 is an technically compitent phone. i am satisfied with it's performance. Trust me.
MyP910
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2008-10-09 22:22
I stop read the article when I reach...

"..I will not use this phone. Stick to my iPhone."

matthewf01
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-10-09 22:38

On 2008-10-09 21:07:04, WhyBe wrote:

JUST IN CASE THIS POST WAS MISSED

It has 256MB of RAM
It is very fast!

[ This Message was edited by: WhyBe on 2008-10-09 20:10 ]

God, don't you just hate Bengalboy's site? Awful...how is that guy scoring SE phones all the time, pre-launch.

Being a small subset of Esato users that are Americans as we are, this is surely a development to get excited about. I remember some readers here and on HowardForums reporting about the SE.com specs changing hourly as to what bands were present on what model, as of a few days ago. What would be the reason for this?
I also find it hard to believe that at THIS stage in the game they are adding bands? This stuff gets finalized well before going to production -- how could they be adding bands? Do these so called penta-band chips even exist?
It sure is a lot to hope for, and it'd be completely unexpected and a nice surprise if the phone did come out of the box with these bands enabled... but that doesn't answer 'why' or 'how'...

Nisse Järnet
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2008-10-09 23:24
Weee i will get mine tomorrow =D
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 317318319 ... 504505506  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic