Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1 discussion

Previous  123 ... 316317318 ... 504505506  Next
Author Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1 discussion
Humble
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-10-09 18:05
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I apologise sincerely lcrkz0023 if I've hurt your feelings, Also I apologise about my spelling mistakes. Thanks for the correction, (I am not being sarcastic)
If you do read my posts you will see my underlying view,
The reason I was getting this Phone and probably still am, Is that it was cutting edge at that particular time, Plus being into Electronics and Research in this particular area I just love tinkering, Plus I want to clear this teething memory issue.
I love the excellent design, However don't you share my view, That S.E. are
a little tad late in retailing this phone,on the cusp of the next gen.
Logically you have to bear that in mind, And make an educated comparison. Your gains and loses,
Opengl es.2.0 is tangentially becoming a standard my dear friend
and will hold its longevity in the smartphone sector i.e. The lifetime of this is far greater than the utilisation of Opengl es 1.0 in the MSM7200/1 (A )and other based devices in an age where graphical eye candy and capabilities are becoming the trend
And it goes hand in hand that having this particular capability, other factors (functionality) in the platform such has the peripheral components in the smartphone will scale accordingly i.e they are starting to implement wimax feature (remember its a Smartphone not simply phone lol)
I waited over 9months now lol and i am a very patient person too
heres an extract from TG Daily

"SonyEricsson Xperia X1: Comes too late

If SonyEricsson launched Xperia X1 this summer, it could have become a huge hit and practically the only viable challenger to the iPhone 3G. But man is this phone way too late... With G1’s release and other smartphones scheduled to arrive in the coming weeks, Xperia doesn't look so groundbreaking anymore - its mojo wore off by now. As if bad timing wasn't enough, SonyEricsson will initially launch the phone across Asia, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Latin America, but not in the U.S. where it is expected to come possibly by year's end"

If there are any spelling mistake sorry English is not my first language as you can tell its my 6th plus I am still learning
lcrkz0023
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2008-10-09 18:21
@humble,

I dont care what you say it's still not a prophecy, it's ineviatable. Of course there's gonna be better phones in the future. Plan and simple.

I do understand and agree w/ you that SE is releasing the X1 too late, its been talked about serveral times in this post months ago.

All im saying is that all those statements you are cheerleading about a few posts back, those are not prophecies. They have been discussed, and diagnosed and forgotten.

[ This Message was edited by: lcrkz0023 on 2008-10-09 17:26 ]
ofiaich
W900 black
PM
Posted: 2008-10-09 18:32
Hey lcrkz0023!

Not allowed to correct spellings and then make a few yourself !

Not allowed to blame it on fast typing either !

Ofiaich
lcrkz0023
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2008-10-09 18:34

On 2008-10-09 18:32:13, ofiaich wrote:
Hey lcrkz0023!

Not allowed to correct spellings and then make a few yourself !

Not allowed to blame it on fast typing either !

Ofiaich

You are sooo correct, my friend. I have no excuse.
Killmaster9
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2008-10-09 18:44
Hi, took another pict of my X1

indup
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2008-10-09 18:49

On 2008-10-09 18:44:55, Killmaster9 wrote:
Hi, took another pict of my X1

stick it on ebay i think the price may be rising by the second.

[ This Message was edited by: indup on 2008-10-09 17:50 ]
Qoroite
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-10-09 18:51

On 2008-10-09 15:16:44, netnerd wrote:
SONY X1 DELAYED TIL END OF OCTOMBER!
from clove.co.uk email!
this is ridiculous! i'm cancelling my order!

"We have been informed today, by Sony Ericsson that the first of the Sony XPERIA X1 units have been delayed until the end of October"

Got that email myself.

Makes you wonder though if SE are saying that 'the first of the Sony XPERIA X1 units have been delayed until the end of October'; How have some people in this thread got theirs already?
Pop Lover
C905 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-10-09 18:53
Killmaster9
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2008-10-09 18:55
@Qoroite

Hi!

Because it's no delay in sweden....
indup
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2008-10-09 18:58
looks like its aimed at the womens. handbag friendly.
s32bauer
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2008-10-09 19:18
Well, I don't like the sound of the X1 being put back until the end of October - that really will annoy me! Although not as much as the Carphone Warehouse have annoyed me.

Some of you might have noticed it's been on their coming soon page for quite a while. Today, and still even now, it's listed under their mobiles just released section (which also says the handset is available now). After going through the 'Buy' option, it then decides to tell you that it's out of stock. Out of interest I called them and asked when they would be getting more. I was quite excited when I was told that they HAD stock and that they promise to get this to me by Monday, was even told what colour they had. 15 minutes on hold later whilst he is confirming the tariff, he comes back and confirms they do have it in stock, but they aren't allowed to sell it until it's set up on the website. When I explained it was on the website, I was more or less called a liar.

A call to disconnections, and I'm told that they don't have the handset, and that they aren't expecting it until the end of October.

Well, SE and CPW will be getting a snotty email this evening thats for sure.
s32bauer
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2008-10-09 19:25
---Update---
Well, might not be an update, it might have been mentioned by someone else, but I've only just got in and not had a chance to look through the forum yet.

Just called Sony Ericsson regarding the delays. I have been advised that the official release date of 30th September was in fact put back to today. She has advised that 'some Uk retailers' will be receiving stock to sell on Monday. However, she wasn't able to confirm which retailers these would be, nor when network operators would be receiving them.

Very underhand of SE to change the official release date isn't it (unless of course this has already been mentioned lol)
Humble
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-10-09 19:50
lcrkz0023 you say you dont care what I have to say.
that hurt my pride alittle bit and that split moment I felt unwanted on this
forum, Im ok now and still your friend
But I do care what you say because you raise some valuable information and I have not forgotten them,
borisisinvin
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-10-09 20:00
Sounds to me like it'll be released November 3rd when they announce their plans for the X1a in North America at the rate they're going! Maybe they'll release them simultaneously, I mean it was designed with the North American market in mind if you want to believe anything they've said up to this point!

Sorry, just being sarcastic. It's all just conjecture at the moment, however I wouldn't be surprised at all to hear that it all came true knowing SE's track record...
lcrkz0023
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2008-10-09 20:02
@Humble,

My apologies, i wasn't intentionally meaning to come across as an @ss.

I guess there could be tone even though it's written in text. You make some valid points,...hope you get your X1 soon.

[ This Message was edited by: lcrkz0023 on 2008-10-09 19:02 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 316317318 ... 504505506  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic