Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1 discussion

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 270271272 ... 504505506  Next
Author Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1 discussion
p85w
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-09-26 18:28
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2008-09-26 10:25:25, Cyber.bee wrote:
X1 get´s advertised in german major electronic company´s flyer for preorder...
It starts rolling... mine is preorderd on amazon for weeks now

cya.

That was expensive even with the 4 GB MicroSD
Jabe
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-09-26 18:33

On 2008-09-26 17:52:10, londonlad123 wrote:
I'll be going for the black one. Am I the only one?

No, I'll be going with the black one as well. If I go with X1, that is I haven't decided yet between X1 and Touch Pro (also black). I am a sucker for black. Thank you Apple for starting that trend with Iphone.
Roabras
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-09-26 18:45
I'm going black too.

I'm already have a P1i and the silver metal get's really ugly with time/scratches.
Pierke
Sony Xperia P
PM
Posted: 2008-09-26 19:36
Is the silver material on de p1i the same material as the silver parts of the X1? Cause indeed, the silver parts on my p1i have got the scratches all over it. Will it be less with the black version?
philosophy72
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-09-26 19:39
Ive had alot of silver i will also be black. awesome episode on knight rider soulframe. thanks. i saw the X1 twice once at 26:59 and one at 31:24. I guess they decided silver.

http://www.nbc.com/Knight_Rid[....]/episodes/?apl=true#vid=696164

[ This Message was edited by: philosophy72 on 2008-09-26 18:45 ]
nike.stars
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2008-09-26 20:06
Can someone explain to me what is the differences between aGPS and GPS? I wonder if aGPS in X1 can work with usual navigation apps like trekbuddy in real time?

Btw, i've never seen screenshot to prove that X1 have smiley in their sms messaging, can someone confirmed it?

Thank you
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2008-09-26 20:12
here you'll find agps vs gps

http://wmexperts.com/articles/gps_vs_agps_a_quick_tutorial.html
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
nike.stars
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2008-09-26 20:48
thank you tranced
JD4341
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-09-26 20:50

On 2008-09-20 18:41:49, JD4341 wrote:

On 2008-09-20 12:52:06, WhyBe wrote:

On 2008-09-20 11:36:49, JD4341 wrote:

Thanks for the reply guys.

In WinMo, as you say, 'x' will end (but not close) an application but that is not the same as 'back'. I should be more clear. When I say 'back' I mean it in the sense of how you would browse windows on a PC (or UIQ on a P1), in a windows browser you have a back button to take you back one screen or operation. The 'X' in WinMo will just take you out of the app altogether, this can be frustrating and time consuming, at least it was on my limited experience of WinMo on the OMNIA. That's why I was interested to see what looked like a back button on on the TOUCH HD and why I was hoping there woudl be similar on the X1.

Cheers JD

Well, the panels button always takes you back to the panel screen to choose another panel. What specifically are you looking for in a 'back' button. Web browsing or file explorers?

Again thanks for your replies.

What am I looking for? well a button that works like the back button on the P1, short press takes you back one step, long press takes you out of the application you are using.

eg If I entered messaging app I would be given a choice of the type of message I wanted to send, so I chose SMS and get taken to that screen. I realise I made a mistake and wanted to send a MMS, so I short press back button and go back one step/screen and choose MMS instead. Once I have finished with the message app I long press back button and the app and I get taken out of the app back to home screen.

Now I know that the end call button will do the second function I described ie take you back to the home screen but the ability to go back one step as described above with the use of one key is very useful on the P1.

This key on the P1 is multi function ie short press to go back one step, long press to come out of app (I am trying to avoid saying 'close app') and return to home screen, longer hold to lock / unlock phone. Just a very useful key and was wondering if X1 had anything like this. From the sounds of thing the end call key will do some of the things above but not all.

I take the point about the 'Panel' button but say you find yourself making the mistake I described above and wanted to go back to the previous menu, if I just press the panel button I go to panels screen and then select messaging right? ok so when it opens up it is right where I left it because I didn't 'X' the app so instead what I have to do is 'x' the app then select the the messaging panel and press however many other menu options to get to where I want to be when all I wanted to do in the first place is go back one step/menu/screen.

So having written 3 posts on this now it sounds a bit obsessive, it is just a nice function of the P1 and I hoped to see it on the X1 as I found navigating the WinMo OMNIA not as easy as the P1.

Hope that all makes sense to somebody.

Peace and love

Have notice the HTC Touch Dimond, Pro and HD all sport a back button as a hard key. Anyone used this on the Dimond ? I was wondering what the exact funtionality of this was and if something like it will appear on the X1.

Thanks JD
iva_se
X2 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-09-26 21:10
Your Xperia Questions Answered

This blog is coming up to being two weeks old and we’ve received a fair few questions in the comments sections. Yesterday I went through the questions with Ramanath and we sorted out answers to those which are most commonly asked. So here goes:

• Launch dates / networks etc… It’s really not up to us to say which networks will be carrying the phone and when. They all have their own business plans and their own plans for the launch etc…. so we’re not going to get involved in speculation as to who will carry it and when. The launch date of the 30th is the day we ship the phones to the networks and there will, most likely be some lead time before it appears. (though I’d expect to see it on some shelves in early October.)

• Is there an accelerometer? No.

• Will there be 30 fps video recording? Yes ,as promised.

• Will there be one or two versions of the phone? There will be two versions, one for the US and one for everyone else.

• Is there any difference between the black and silver versions of the phone? Yes, one is black, the other is silver. Other than that, no they are the same phone.

• How big is the battery and how long does it last? The battery is a 1500mAh unit (about 10% bigger than, for example, the touch pro). How long it lasts depends very much on how much you use the phone. Even in the worst case scenario, with all the features turned on (GPS, internet, applications etc…) and heavy usage, it will last all day and need to be charged over night.

• Questions re: the speed etc… The device has a graphics accelerator, a 528 Mhz processor and 384 megs of ram (so it should be as fast as anything else that is out there.)

That’s it for the moment, keep the questions coming and we’ll keep trying to answer them. We should also take this opportunity to thank all of you who have been involved so far. Since we launched on the 15th we’ve had more than 9,000 unique visitors and 28,000 page views (which is more than we hoped for). The opportunity to engage in a conversation with all of you is hugely important to us and we genuinely appreciate your involvement in the site.

Thanks again,

Sam Oakley and Ramanath Bhat
XPERIA
borisisinvin
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-09-26 22:08
Hey all, I read on the Unwired site that the X1 doesn't support Flash, and that it was up Opera to support it. Does anyone know if the browser, or phone will support it later via a firmware update?...
mobman
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-09-26 22:11
I saw a screenshot of the X1 playing youtube videos through opera???
borisisinvin
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-09-26 22:17

On 2008-09-26 22:11:15, mobman wrote:
I saw a screenshot of the X1 playing youtube videos through opera???

Interesting... Can anyone confirm?
djguml
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2008-09-26 22:25
yes
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=422137
tregba
S700
PM
Posted: 2008-09-26 22:27
I'm currently running flash lite 3.1 on my touch pro through an 'unofficial' cab released about two weeks ago. much better than it was on my n95 or e90 i might add. I've been able to load some flash 9 applets through opera and also watch some football streams, albeit a bit jerky, through popular flash tv sites.

thus, out of the box, no flash, but a quick 2min download and you will have almost full flash 9 support!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 270271272 ... 504505506  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic