Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1 discussion

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 147148149 ... 504505506  Next
Author Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1 discussion
WhyBe
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-06-05 22:00
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2008-06-05 21:58:17, iwantfatty wrote:
I think aksd has got it right, that the final product will most likely feel confused, optical joystick? Big ass keyboard? Touch screen? Weird ugly WM menus combined with pretty SE menus

I doubt it.
WhyBe
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-06-05 22:13

On 2008-06-05 16:28:13, Humble wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXYshhuJzh4

just came across this and it supports my view

I just thought about something.....

What if Apple is the first to utilize this platform?
iwantfatty
S500 Green
PM
Posted: 2008-06-05 22:15
Sorry if I come across negative, I am just not feeling the love from the X1, I really hope it is an amazing phone and lives up to the hype.
But this sorta thing will probably take a few iterations to get right so maybe when the X4 comes along, it will win at life
WhyBe
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-06-05 22:31

On 2008-06-05 22:15:48, iwantfatty wrote:
Sorry if I come across negative, I am just not feeling the love from the X1, I really hope it is an amazing phone and lives up to the hype.
But this sorta thing will probably take a few iterations to get right so maybe when the X4 comes along, it will win at life

So until then, it's iPhone huh?
iwantfatty
S500 Green
PM
Posted: 2008-06-05 22:48
Yeah, or you know, normal phones? the ones us mere mortals can afford
WhyBe
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-06-05 22:56

On 2008-06-05 22:48:10, iwantfatty wrote:
Yeah, or you know, normal phones? the ones us mere mortals can afford

Maybe the late release date of the X1 is s way of giving you time to save up for it. So go shovel snow or cut grass or flip burgers on the side if you have to I'm saving now too.
iwantfatty
S500 Green
PM
Posted: 2008-06-05 23:10
You reckon I would be able to pick this phone up on my orange contract? As it runs out in December. Seems like it’s a bit too costly to be an option, haha I soon changed my tune huh?
Humble
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-06-05 23:37
Whybe
I never thought of that !!!!!!!!!!!!! one thing for sure I dont mind which company adopts the platform but I most definitely be getting it, I think the tegra 600/650 series are aimed towards laptop/ internet tablet devices wheres as the apx2500 is going to be directed to the mobile/smartphone sector, Time to market by what I read is going to be 1Q 2009 or even b4 the years out, which surprises me, if you download the pdf from nvidia at the bottom of article it states what time frame,
Relating back to Qualcomm, all I know definitively is that
HTC have the Snapdragons NOW!!!! tinkering with them,
S.E. U500 looks equally promising, its no coincidence that all of these devices are slated for late this year, or 1Q,2009 Maybe I am being over enthusiatic, But the renaissance is multi faceted,
only thing that can top this is if some alien mothership crashed in a remote part of siberia and some extra terrestial handset was found running of a nuclear cell......
aksd
Z610 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-06-06 04:29
I don't know how great the X1 UI will be, but I suspect it won't be the WM same-ol' same-ol'. I'm talking about the main suite of apps. Who cares how the settings screen looks?

I assumed from this statement that you generaly dont use your settings , my mistake. But most people judge a phone by the entire package and not just a handful of built in apps. Either the entire OS along with all exernal apps are finger friendly, or its just Windows Mobile 6.1 with a bunch of finger friendly apps which does'nt really make the product a completely finger friendly solution.

On 2008-06-05 22:00:17, WhyBe wrote:
I doubt it.

Thats what the SE rep told me , and since we're friends I get his honest opinion, but then again its not the final product now is it . But most of the evidence points that way. Where the finger firendly apps are concerened it will feel a bit confused, most of the buyers(I'm not talking you or your friends , I'm talking WM enthusiasts which the bulk of the X1 sales will go to ecentually), may never use the panels, because in day to day life it be comes a pain, far easier to have everything on the today screen where 1 touch should access whatever is required, better than pressing a button then touch whatever you require.

Regarding the iPhone using the processor, believe it or not , but I dont think the new iPhone will use a new processor, the current one is quite good, better than anything used in todays phones still. So if it aint broke dont fix it p[olicy would come into play. But the next iPhone would definately be a different story , also if you notice APple seem to stick to Samsung processors for their iPods till date, so I wonder if they'd switch.

[ This Message was edited by: aksd on 2008-06-06 03:35 ]

[ This Message was edited by: aksd on 2008-06-08 14:32 ]
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2008-06-08 14:59
@iwantfatty

I would say it is very unlikely that Orange will have the X1 on contract and much more likely they will once again have their own branded HTC version as they have done with the TyTN1 & TyTN2.

As i have mentioned a few times as most of the Networks have a history of their own branded HTC versions, which obviously make them more money. I can't really see just which if any Networks will have the X1 as well to compete with their own offerings and this will yet another hurdle to SE's sales of the X1.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2008-06-08 13:59 ]
d-southwest
K750
PM
Posted: 2008-06-08 18:22
I have a question ( again)

Doesnt Windows Media Player have a graphic equalizer?
Coz i never used a Windows Mobile!

Peace
WhyBe
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-06-08 19:41

On 2008-06-08 14:59:45, Dogmann wrote:
...As i have mentioned a few times as most of the Networks have a history of their own branded HTC versions, which obviously make them more money. I can't really see just which if any Networks will have the X1 as well to compete with their own offerings and this will yet another hurdle to SE's sales of the X1.

Why would the networks have their own branded versions of the X1? Is that a normal practice to do so? Or are you saying that there will be an "HTC" version of the X1 made available to the networks? If that's what you're saying, I thinks it's pretty ridiculous (especially considering the Touch Pro)? Sounds like that tired old "it's really an HTC" argument again.
jcwhite_uk
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-06-08 19:55
Quote:

On 2008-06-08 14:59:45, Dogmann wrote:
@iwantfatty

I would say it is very unlikely that Orange will have the X1 on contract and much more likely they will once again have their own branded HTC version as they have done with the TyTN1 & TyTN2.

As i have mentioned a few times as most of the Networks have a history of their own branded HTC versions, which obviously make them more money. I can't really see just which if any Networks will have the X1 as well to compete with their own offerings and this will yet another hurdle to SE's sales of the X1.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2008-06-08 13:59 ]

Orange dont brand htc units as orange anymore. They sell them as htc handsets
Checkout my photos at My Website

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."
iwantfatty
S500 Green
PM
Posted: 2008-06-08 20:13
Oh well, looks like I won't be picking one up then... I really don't see who this phone is aimed at, apart from mabye this forum hehe
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2008-06-08 20:21
@whyBe

Obviously i meant the HTC Raphael or what ever the branded versions will be called and not the X1. Whilst they are not exactly the same they are very similar and as JC White has just pointed out Orange no longer even brand their HTC devices. But i really can't see the Networks buying such a similar device especially as it will arrive later anyway and most probably be more expensive to as it would just make no sense. But maybe Orange will be the one network that does to have something a little different from the others and attract some SE fans to them.

I haven't seen any announcements of any Networks with the intention of selling the X1 as of yet. Despite the fact you love SE Networks are some what more mercenary and do what suits them financially best which is why i question if any will be supplying the X1 on contract. But yet again only time will reveal if they will or not, personally i don't think so.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2008-06-08 19:21 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 147148149 ... 504505506  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic