Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1 discussion

Previous  123 ... 115116117 ... 504505506  Next
Author Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1 discussion
norti
X1 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-05-06 20:22
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Before SE announced X1 and that the manufacturer of the device will be HTC, latter couldn't provide their customer with decent GPU drivers. After SE made clear, that X1 will use 3D acceleration and they will provide the correct drivers for this, HTC made a new touch device, suddenly using the Qualcomm architecture's 3D acceleration. Don't you see the connection?

First: I don't think you should believe in such hoaxes, especially if they state that UIQ3.3 will have all the missing and wanted features of X1. UIQ is still a tentative and evolving operating system GUI, it looks promising (compared to UIQ3.0), but it doesn't support as many hardware platforms as WM and manufacturers need to understand, that today's mobile devices need more than a 200MHz CPU...

Second: if HTC can build an iPhone-like device with fast UI based on WM6.1, why couldn't SE (obviously they use HTC's debug and developer tools, we can see this on the "the-unwired" video among the programs)? X1 won't come with Touchflow 3D, but there will be a chance that ROM "cookers" will make it available for the newer WM6.1 devices.

Third: what if SE buys the end product from HTC and puts its logo and name on it? I don't care until the device is top-notch
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-06 20:54
@norti,

What makes you believe that UIQ3.3 will still only be using 200mhz processors? As all the feed back given so far is that the next Gen UIQ 3.3 devices will indeed have up to date specs including faster processors.

Most if not all of us still prefer the UIQ interface and it's potential and were only really disappointed by the lack of up to date hardware and the lack of stability. If these two points are addressed in the soon to be announced UIQ 3.3 devices it is where many of us will look for our next devices.

This latest news about the X1 really isn't good and i wouldn't be to quick to discount the source either as Eldar tends to be very well informed.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2008-05-06 19:54 ]
aksd
Z610 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-05-06 21:15
The new 3D shell on a shell TouchFlo 3D looks amazing on the DIamond, pity its got only 4GB memory, if it had a mem card slot it would have been a kick ass phone . Prefer that UI to the current UIQ anyday, the current UIQ UI seems so........dated, WM can be freshened up with stuff like pointUI etc..

Anyway Marc, I would take Eldars word with a pinch of salt really, he mentioned that the X1 was running on WM 6.5 when it was first announced, not putting him down or anything, but sometimes even reliable sources might dish out un reliable info due to change in specs etc. from the manufacturers end. I suggest we wait a bit, they've got till september which is a long time in the tech world as you know.

Regarding the processor, I read somewhere(methinks unreliable) that its based on an Intel PXA270(hahahahhaha...........I seriously hope not), if it is based on the OMAP 3 series, has 192+MB RAM, Wifi b/g//n(hopefully) a decent cam, not those pieces of crap SE calls sensors in the current crop of cam phones, a decent screen which is transflective, I heard the new Diamond screen is hard, some type of glass(not capacitive though), etc... if it does'nt cover these basic requirements they'd be way of the mark, still lagging behind the N95 in terms of raw specs and bang for the buck.

Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2008-05-06 21:22

On 2008-05-06 20:54:45, Dogmann wrote:

...This latest news about the X1 really isn't good and i wouldn't be to quick to discount the source either as Eldar tends to be very well informed.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2008-05-06 19:54 ]

Often he is wrong. I agree with you that if he is right then this is really bad for SE. This was/is the one time I was/am willing to ignore the fact that this is a windows mobile device.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-06 21:43
Hi all

Actually this is what worries about SE now a days that they seem able to announce many great things it's the delivery that seems to let them down of late.

Jah posted this link to a SE event on another forum about a third of the way through the Head of Marketing demo's a X1 but pay attention to what he says and tell me what you think. As personally i find some of of his comments truly stunning.

Here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZgZniWzdzQ

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2008-05-06 20:53 ]
WhyBe
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-06 21:50
Can someone post a link to this 'Eldar' info mentioned earlier?

Thanks

[ This Message was edited by: WhyBe on 2008-05-06 21:02 ]
WhyBe
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-06 21:53
I don't understand all of this X1 hate. To this date, no other manufacturer has produced or announced a device that equals or outspecs the X1 pound for pound....NOT EVEN HTC.
bavlondon2
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-05-06 21:56

On 2008-05-06 21:50:19, WhyBe wrote:
Can someone post a link to this 'Eldar' info?

Thanks

No this info cant be posted. Infact im in trouble for just posting that much before.
WhyBe
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-06 22:04

On 2008-05-06 21:56:48, bavlondon2 wrote:

On 2008-05-06 21:50:19, WhyBe wrote:
Can someone post a link to this 'Eldar' info?

Thanks

No this info cant be posted. Infact im in trouble for just posting that much before.

You're acting kind of suspicious.....

[ This Message was edited by: WhyBe on 2008-05-06 21:06 ]
Mige
T610
PM
Posted: 2008-05-06 22:06
the best cell... X1 [addsig]
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-06 22:08
@Whybe

I don't know who your comment is directed at but as i said announcing something is one thing delivering it as it should be is another.

So if what has been said is true the announcement counts for very little really but as always we should wait and see what is delivered before passing judgement one way or the other. But i must say i found the comments from the Head of marketing some what disturbing.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2008-05-06 21:09 ]
WhyBe
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-06 22:37
Well since "the comments" are not readily accessible in this thread, or anywhere for that matter, I would question their validity. What was removed earlier sounded like fanboy/troll-talk as opposed to a business discussion or announcement by SE.

That Diamond TouchFlo interface, though nice looking, doesn't look anymore complete than Xperia's. They just show a picture browser, a homescreen and that's it.

The graphics seems to have the same jitters that are in the X1's (a little smoother though). I wonder if this is inherent in WM or just because both devices are still unfinished?

Why is the Diamond so underspec'ed compared to the X1? If HTC is indeed "making" the X1, I think now is the time for HTC to show SE "how it's done". I'm sorry, but , the Diamond is coming up short.

Looking at the size and specs of the Diamond, I can only applaud SE for doing such an amazing job on the X1. No one seems to have SE's "magic ingredient"

[ This Message was edited by: WhyBe on 2008-05-06 21:59 ]
imranbashir
D750
PM
Posted: 2008-05-06 22:57
The diamond is not made to compete with the Xperia. Your forgetting that the Diamond will come out next month, the Xperia will not be out until at least September (according to current reports anyway) so they cannot compete against each other.

The iPod 3G will be announced soon that will compete against the Xperia, and I reckon (my view only) that HTC will announce the Touch Pro after the announcement of iPod 3G with a release date that is very close to the Xperia. The real competition for Xperia will be the HTC Touch Pro.

It’s all a game of chess, why reduce the sales potential of your new product by announcing a better version will be out only a few months later!
WhyBe
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-06 23:10

On 2008-05-06 22:57:52, imranbashir wrote:
...The real competition for Xperia will be the HTC Touch Pro.

The Touch Pro just adds a keyboard to the Diamond.

[ This Message was edited by: WhyBe on 2008-05-06 22:13 ]
imranbashir
D750
PM
Posted: 2008-05-06 23:14
I wouldn’t quite believe the current rumours surrounding the HTC Touch Pro. Remember that the HTC Touch Dual gained additional memory and a faster processor when compared with the original HTC Touch.

I don’t see why HC couldn’t / wouldn’t pull the same trick again, depending on the iPod 3G announcement. Anyway back on topic...

Tom Tom Navigator 6.032 on Xperia X1 is it possible?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 115116117 ... 504505506  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic