Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1 discussion

Previous  123 ... 104105106 ... 504505506  Next
Author Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1 discussion
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-04-23 06:41
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
maybe around xmas...
Aquila non capit muscas - /// 4ever!

/// Ericsson Forum
Indiandawg
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2008-04-23 08:06
thats too late.. i got P1 but i heard the 3G in P1 wont work in US cause it doesn't have WCDMA 850/1900
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2008-04-23 10:55
Looking at the last couple of pages, how has this topic degenerated into such unfounded gibberish?

Firstly, it supports micro SDHC, it's always supported micro SDHC, that's been very clearly stated and highlighted from the start.

Secondly, of course it won't have the "standard SE UI" - this is a Windows Mobile device. It will have the Windows Mobile UI, enhanced through the Panels system (essentially a Today screen add-on). As a Windows Mobile device competing directly with other Windows Mobile phones from HTC and others, it will sport standard Windows Mobile features - hence the micro SDHC support, mini-USB jack, and full-blown WinMo interface under the panels. This is not a toy phone for SE fanboys, it's a pro device!

Thirdly, there is no "non-branded" HTC version of this phone, both sides have made it quite clear that this is an SE device designed entirely by SE from the ground up, HTC are merely the OEM. They didn't create this phone and they have no right to brand it as anything else.

Of course HTC may have competing devices in the works, but with the sloppy job they've done on hardware support in their current range, I'm much more inclined to believe SE's new flagship will have the edge.
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2008-04-23 15:37

On 2008-04-23 10:55:14, Boinng wrote:
Looking at the last couple of pages, how has this topic degenerated into such unfounded gibberish?

Firstly, it supports micro SDHC, it's always supported micro SDHC, that's been very clearly stated and highlighted from the start.

Secondly, of course it won't have the "standard SE UI" - this is a Windows Mobile device. It will have the Windows Mobile UI, enhanced through the Panels system (essentially a Today screen add-on). As a Windows Mobile device competing directly with other Windows Mobile phones from HTC and others, it will sport standard Windows Mobile features - hence the micro SDHC support, mini-USB jack, and full-blown WinMo interface under the panels. This is not a toy phone for SE fanboys, it's a pro device!

Thirdly, there is no "non-branded" HTC version of this phone, both sides have made it quite clear that this is an SE device designed entirely by SE from the ground up, HTC are merely the OEM. They didn't create this phone and they have no right to brand it as anything else.

Of course HTC may have competing devices in the works, but with the sloppy job they've done on hardware support in their current range, I'm much more inclined to believe SE's new flagship will have the edge.

EXACTLY!!
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2008-04-23 16:40
Watch out!! Boinng is on fire!!
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Keiki
T100
PM
Posted: 2008-04-23 16:47
Quote:

On 2008-04-23 06:39:36, Indiandawg wrote:
if am not wrong in United States for 3G network a smartphone needs WCDMA 850/1900

will 3G work in United States if i buy xperia from India when it gets launched and any idea when is it getting launched?

Its quad band wcdma & gsm, you can use it at US

Btw, X1 xperia will hit the market at 2nd half of this year. Confirmed by SE at the official press release today

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/corporate/press/pressreleases/pressreleasedetails/q108semcfinancialsrelease-20080423
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2008-04-23 17:56
Hi all

I thought we all knew that! but that means anytime between 1st June to 31st December doesn't it quite a large window there then.

Maybe we should run a sweepstake with all monies buying X1's and the winners for getting it right or closest get the X1's how ever many we get in relation to the funds received get shared out.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2008-04-23 16:57 ]
WhyBe
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-04-23 22:45

On 2008-04-23 05:41:29, mario2004 wrote:
I belive there are stil problems with the 'panels'. (Incidentally the only part where SE is involved). If we are lucky we should see it 'in a shop near you' before christmas. Alternatively you can buy a preproduction model if you look 'hard' enough I am waiting for the non SE branded version. HTC will announce shortly at least 3 top end devices, one of them very similar in function to xperia (minus the panels of course)

Will the HTC version use the SE patents or HTC's own?
mario2004
J200
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-04-24 00:05
Which 'patents' exactly?If you mean the panels and se logo,Htc won't bother with that (or certainly hope so)
@ Dogman, I am with you on that one
'Better govern our selfs the wrong way, then be governed by 'others' the right way.'
- Robert Mugabe - Freedom fighter comarade, peoples hero and President of Zimbabwe.
iksplusipsilon
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-04-24 01:53
HTC have its own "UI", think the name is Manilla or something ... New, not yet announced model ( Engadget, yesterday or early today news for those who are interested ... sorry, can't post link now ) is loking to me more SE than some SE devices and it should be out in North America at about the same time as X1. It "only" has VGA screen though :-) . X1 will definetly not have easy time when released ...

This message was posted from a WAP device
WhyBe
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-04-24 04:06

On 2008-04-24 00:05:42, mario2004 wrote:
Which 'patents' exactly?If you mean the panels and se logo,Htc won't bother with that (or certainly hope so)
@ Dogman, I am with you on that one

I mean all of the hardware patents.

Have you noticed no other company has announced a device equally spec'd to the X1? I'm not talking about future devices that are blog speculations, but actual devices that are literally announced for release and will match X1 spec for spec? If any company had such a device...NOW IS THE TIME TO ANNOUNCE IT.

Sony did an overall great job on the Pseries (and many other electronic devices they've made, for that matter), so I don't see why some say SE is incapable of developing something like the X1 themselves. IOW, I believe SE has a superior pedigree to HTC's. I'm sure SE's use of HTC as the manufacturer of the X1 is pure financial strategy. This is a common practice in the business world.

[ This Message was edited by: WhyBe on 2008-04-24 03:10 ]
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-04-24 04:18
@theos

here u are, this is manila

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=164150#post2245654
Aquila non capit muscas - /// 4ever!

/// Ericsson Forum
iksplusipsilon
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-04-24 04:33
@Boba Yes, that's it ( had to get out of bed to look at that link #*@?!$WAPᄃ ) ! Thank you :-) !

This message was posted from a WAP device
spine6
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-04-24 05:06
can we used it in japan?
mario2004
J200
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-04-24 15:01
I can't belive people who think they know whats going on still confuse ericsson sony and sonyericsson. Actually ericsson had a bigger market share then sony before they decided to jointly start SE. Just read my previous post over and over and eventually you'll get the idea. Are you aware that both parent companies expect a payback from SE? Both Ericsson and Sony write down all they do/give for se and expect the investment to come back with interest ! You can't say Sony or Ericsson did a great job with the P-series. Yes,they may have done a (arguably) good job by 'creating' se but that is where it stops. The P-series has been designed by SE hired persons and not ericsson or sony ones. (it may be that some may have originated from sony or ericsson or even nokia)
'Better govern our selfs the wrong way, then be governed by 'others' the right way.'
- Robert Mugabe - Freedom fighter comarade, peoples hero and President of Zimbabwe.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 104105106 ... 504505506  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic