Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1 discussion

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 929394 ... 504505506  Next
Author Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1 discussion
mib1800
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2008-03-28 03:50
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2008-03-27 17:33:56, aksd wrote:
HTC have announced they wont be releasing the drivers. So both devices target a bit different type of buyer. If the camera in the X1 is a SE one it should be far better than the HTC one thats quite pointless, no LED as well and whites are burnt out completely.

If that is true, then it is too bad. But maybe the lawsuit will force them to release the drivers. Certainly in the next update of this model, the drivers should be there. From gsmarena, they said the Cruise cam is as good as K800. That count for something. Anyway I would not bet on SE cam anymore as it has gone downhill since K800.

If somebody wants a powerful WM phone they'd got for the X1 and if they wanted a WM phone with reasonable specs they;d go Cruise.

Depends. Just have to wait and see how ridiculous the price of X1 will be. Another factor in HTC advantage is that the devices are pretty stable. Just hope SE dont destabilise the WM OS (or make it even more difficult to use) by being too ambitious incorporating all the not-that-useful X1 eye-candy panel stuff. (Given SE track history of UIQ3 UI design blunders, there is a very real danger of that)

btw: as a side note. You know Symbian has been "jail-broken". I think before long you can "tweak" the OS as much as you like like WM.

[ This Message was edited by: mib1800 on 2008-03-28 02:52 ]
aksd
Z610 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-03-28 03:59
There is not lawsuit, nobody is pursuing it. Listen mib, I own the TyTn2, and I was taking part in the lawsuit, its all over the net about HTC not releasing the drivers, they said they have a software solution but that wont affect video layback, they just might initialize QTV which coreplayer already does. No drivers pure and simple unless somebod pulls it out of the X1 or the Sirius.

I've owned the K790, and its far far superior to the HTC, the HTC sensor is small, and theres no LED plus oncelight goes low the cam switches to auto night mode where you get like 3-4 fps(you can check fps with the HTC cam) and shoting becomes difficult. The capera is superior to the K790 only where colour reproduction is concerned.

Lets not go into this again, I;ve posted about this page 88 and later.

I posted the jalibroken news on esato. But I thought you'd be disappointed about it being jailbroken, you said that securtiy was really important and now thats been compromised . If you'd like to continue discussion about this you can contact me via PM or e-mail, lets not push this thread off topic anymore.

Akshay
http://www.flickr.com/photos/akshaydashrath/

[ This Message was edited by: aksd on 2008-03-28 03:00 ]
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2008-03-28 04:44
@mib1800:

From gsmarena, they said the Cruise cam is as good as K800. That count for something. Anyway I would not bet on SE cam anymore as it has gone downhill since K800.

^^

wierd, this is what i read from the review

quote from gsmarena's HTC Touch Cruise Review:

As you will notice, the image quality is not really on par with the best 3 megapixel cameraphones such as the Sony Ericsson K800, for example. The images suffer in terms of dynamic range. The colors are spot-on on most occasions and the macros come out just fine thanks to the auto focus.

even the sample pics indicates it's mediocrity compared to K800/K810

camera review:
http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_touch_cruise-review-211p5.php

10 years at Esato
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-03-28 05:10
I am REALLY hoping X1 has a decent cam, if not it's all a bit pointless really

Either a Sony mobile cam module, or just something better than the usually HTC fair. My HW6900 has a 1.3.2MP cam but the quality is barely better than a T610. Once you resize the image to get rid of the really bad graininess you'd have about the same res pics as T610

If X1 has usual crappy HTC cam then I WON'T be buying an X1.
mib1800
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2008-03-28 05:30
@razec

You are right. I really have to brush up on speed reading skill.

Let's just hope the X1 cam is not the same module as the cruise. ;

[ This Message was edited by: mib1800 on 2008-03-28 05:35 ]
aksd
Z610 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-03-28 05:33
Max,

I think the module will be SE, maybe a carry over from the T650 or K800. Now the camera software and such will most probably be written by SE(or superivsed by SE and written by HTC), seeing how things are done in the WM world. ANd since its got touch focus and stuff which is very SE like I'm counting on the cam as well being manufactured by them.

If not, the next P series looks promising expecially now that we can access system folders .

max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-03-28 06:22
Yes, I tend to agree with your line of thinking. Or maybe just wishful thinking

re: P series, so can now access system folders? This is cool indeed. No need to hack anymore Is this a symbian thing or UIQ?

@mib, I think you do need to brush up on your speed reading skills, esp. since I think that reply was intended for razec (it was he who corrected you about Cruise camera review)

BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-03-28 06:36
but how u wanna make pix with it? according the form factor, its not a really cam focused device ( just look at e90, same opinion to it aswell ). next to it, imo a 2 mp cam ( maybe 3.2 max ) with af is what xperia will offer.
Aquila non capit muscas - /// 4ever!

/// Ericsson Forum
aksd
Z610 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-03-28 07:02
The E90 is in reality a bit different when it comes to daily use. Its bulkier and bigger making it a bit difficult to handle when comapred to X1, the X1 will be like a candybar once its slid in. No issues when it come to form factor. Although its not a dedicated camera phone it will do its job.

The X1 has a 3.2Mpx cam not a 2 Mpx.

@max

Yes wishful thinking, but logically I dont think SE would want to tarnish their image using a camera sourced from HTC, althoug in todays cellphone world wher themanufacturer want to make as much money from the end user who know?

Its actually been hacked and its a SYmbian thing, no need to sign programs as well. Looks like WM now will have competition on the developer front as well, if this isse int fixed in 9.3 and greater.

Akshay

[ This Message was edited by: aksd on 2008-03-28 06:05 ]
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-03-28 07:05
I'll be happy if it's a 3.2MP AF the same quality as K800.

[ This Message was edited by: max_wedge on 2008-03-28 06:14 ]
aksd
Z610 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-03-28 07:15
SOmething of interest for the Linux-Android lovers here, even before the reelase of the X1 .

An Android kernel for the MSM7200A was found quite a while ago, that means we can have dual operating systems on our X1s(lol extremely optimisitic as it has'nt even been released yet) , wont work on the Kaiser or Cruise as its MSM7200.

Link: http://fandroid.net/content/a[....]nd-android-htc-kaiser-imminent

Akshay

[ This Message was edited by: aksd on 2008-03-28 06:15 ]
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2008-03-28 07:17
@askd

Actually the E90 is really easy to get on with and acts exactly the same as a normal phone when that's all you want to do as closed it has the same shape and functions as a phone no need to do anything to make or receive calls or any other phone functions. Just when you want to make use of the 4" screen and full QWERTY you flip it open simile really and gives a user experience that is hard o be beaten as you get full web pages with no side scrolling needed. A great view for Calendar ,E-Mails, Documents, PDF's and for watching Films or TV Shows or even your pictures.

I for one much prefer it's solid feel of being a flip rather than a slide and it also seems to have more keys than the X1 keyboard to. Not of course forgetting just how long it has been available and used as opposed to coming later this year and is just about to get a new update very soon that will bring both Flash Lite 3.0 Web Runtime Engine and of course Demand Paging that will enhance it's performance and functionality further.

Not forgetting that now Symbian has been cracked for full access and no longer needs signing it s once again an open system so may see some interesting apps start appearing that making use of this, not sure any will appeal to me but may do to some.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2008-03-28 06:17 ]
aksd
Z610 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-03-28 07:24
@Marc,

Will take your word for that(never used an E90) and I agree that a flip feels more solid than a slide. Although after using the TyTn2 for a while which is a tad lighter than the E90 but heavy nontheless I'm looking forward to using the X1. I've heard the screen is very nice to work on as well.

Symbian being cracked pushes all the security down the drain though(for the phone thats been jailbroken). You will see a lot more apps, porting of apps, and such, especially with UIQ, you can put the Walkman media player on the P1i and stuff like that.

It seems like we can have dual boots on the X1 as the latest version of Andoid running kernel version 2.6.24 has just been released a few hours agon on the android development section. This is extremely good news for potential X1 users as you can have dual OS running on the phone, should spice up things now, I'm actually getting excited now , Symbian getting hacked, Android on the X1, the future looks bright(not Orange , sorry poor joke )

Actually WM is getting Flashlite 3.0 as well as Silverlight(which Symbian is getting as well).

Demand paging is'nt all that fancy, a fancy term forsomething other OSs have been doing for quite a while, from the Motorola EZX platform which was released in 2001 to WM(Setting up a cache)

Akshay

[ This Message was edited by: aksd on 2008-03-28 06:27 ]
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2008-03-28 12:25

On 2008-03-28 03:50:40, mib1800 wrote:
btw: as a side note. You know Symbian has been "jail-broken". I think before long you can "tweak" the OS as much as you like like WM.

Yep, and just look at how much unbridled excitement that's caused - so many people merrily tweaking their phones with a rather dubious hack, innocently disabling all their security and leaving themselves open to god knows what. Seems like Symbian was never secure as all that anyway, if just one app is all is takes to bring down the walls, eh? The only real difference between WM and Symbian is that WM owners are generally more aware of what they're doing...
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2008-03-28 12:30
Regarding camera, if they can put a Sony battery in it (and get HTC to make a correct sized slot for it), then they can put a Sony camera in it (and get HTC to fit it).
This message was posted in the mail
2008, 2009, 2010 Best Australasian Member.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 929394 ... 504505506  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic