Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > New P1i Firmware - R9K009 - R6G04

Previous  123 ... 8910 ... 303132  Next
Author New P1i Firmware - R9K009 - R6G04
mobman
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-02-10 11:48
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
i know it isn't ideal - but have you tried just restoring a few categories at a time? i tend to upload the inbox and apps separate because i usually have problems.
borgyt
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-02-10 12:32
i noticed that after upgrading, my computer has problems reading the memory card contents when i connect my P1 in phone mode, although i'm not sure whether that is because of the FW, or the new PC Suite. it's slow to read and often hangs. on file transfer mode though there are no problems...
tarkus71
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-02-10 13:00
@perza

On 2008-02-09 14:44:35, perza wrote:
@tarkus71: I don't know but my WIFI connection works fine. I also have WIFI (priority 1) and GPRS (priority 2) in the Internet group and when I want to browse wia WIFI I scan the area and connect to the network and all traffic goes through WIFI. But I must say I connect to non secured WIFI points. Maybe you have a problem with WIFI encryption...

It's not an encryption problem - I see the same behaviour on secured and unsecured networks. Besides, my pop2/imap email works just fine over WIFI - the problem seems to affect only HTTP & HTTPS traffic. I can't even browse web sites on my own (home & office) networks!

I've just installed putty (an ssh client & terminal emulator) on the P1, and find that I can start an ssh (port 22) session (over WIFI) to a Linux box on my network, but if I tell putty to use port 80 (instead of the default port 22), the P1 point blank refuses to transmit over the WIFI link. It's bizarre!

BTW - are you absolutely sure that all you web traffic is going over the WIFI link? Try this: reset the counters in your GPRS connection log, then browse a web site over WIFI. Now check the counters in the GPRS log. Still zero?

kalbekke
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-02-10 13:30

On 2008-02-10 02:00:00, mobman wrote:
SEUS is indeed Sony Ericsson Update Service. if it says that you have the latest software then you must have a branded firmware. where did you buy your phone?

Yeah, that was what I thought, but still... I found it a bit strange that the new FW version didn't seem to be available.

Anyway; bought the phone via a retailer (carrier commited, NetCom/Telia Norway), so I don't see why the SW/FW should be branded in any particular way... The phone is (as fas as I'm aware) not locked to any carrier (like the Vodafone versions in the UK), so I'm not sure if this affects me/my phone in any way.

Could it be that the SEUS for different contries releases the new FW at different times? Maybe a stupid question, but I still have to ask...
perza
T650 Green
PM
Posted: 2008-02-10 13:36

On 2008-02-10 13:00:03, tarkus71 wrote:
BTW - are you absolutely sure that all you web traffic is going over the WIFI link? Try this: reset the counters in your GPRS connection log, then browse a web site over WIFI. Now check the counters in the GPRS log. Still zero?

Yep. Just tried it. All traffic goes through WIFI and no GPRS usage. Maybe you loose your WIFI connection and your GPRS kicks in since you have it second in your group list...But why :/ Have you tried connecting with Opera Mini?

[ This Message was edited by: perza on 2008-02-10 12:46 ]
hqm
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-02-10 14:46
BlackBerry Connect in new FW? Anyone have the SIS File?
ActiveSync?
Marc_SE
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-02-10 15:54
I should be getting my one back this evening, so will try putting on the new firmware.
Mobile 1: 07***118776 Apple iPhone4
Mobile 2: 07***118776 BB Bold 9700
giantfly
R520 copper
PM
Posted: 2008-02-10 16:17
Q for people in the know: do you think that SE is going to release another FW update to fix such an obvious bug like the "4" bug, but in very short time, like couple of weeks?

and second: is the half written firmware filled with small "unintentional" bugs a way to keep smart phone users "interested" (read annoyed), and have them check for new firmware that will fix those issues frequently?

I really hate this...
aaarkhipov
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2008-02-10 16:50

On 2008-02-10 11:48:00, mobman wrote:
i know it isn't ideal - but have you tried just restoring a few categories at a time? i tend to upload the inbox and apps separate because i usually have problems.

Thanks. This approach works - restoring Multimedia files and Application separately helps a lot. So stupid they cannot do this without "magic dancing".
defiantbeast
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2008-02-10 18:17
@Nipsen

i know about the download restrictions setting. It gives the options: no restrictions, just headers, emails smaller than. I have no restrictions selected however all it shows is the header until i click the download button, then it gives me the whole email. Is anyone else having the same problem or is it just me? Suggestions????
scaglifr
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2008-02-10 18:31
Hi,

After XS ++ then SEUS ( which confirmend GW! ) I have the following :

Phone : CXC 162037 R9K009
Bluetooth : CXC 162143 R1D
Organiser : CXC162108 R6G04
CDA : 1620221/1 R6G02

Yet there is still a vodafone entry in the menu system : how is this explained when SEUS said installing GW1 ? Should I run SEUS again ?

Cheers

F
2manydjs
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-02-10 19:20
Just installed the latest firmware after changing to GW1 from Netherlands edition with XS++.
So far cons:
- Not able to backup or restore with SE PC suite (error: "phone fail"..).
- No matter what the restriction setting is, I always have to confirm before downloading an e-mail.
- Links in webbrowser look funny (as stated before).
So far pros:
- Apple iSync works with calender entries.
edit
- Rich text emails seem to readable.

The first two cons make me regret I have updated.. Is there any way to downgrade?
It seems to me the cons are caused by the new update, while the pros are caused by the switch to GW1.

[ This Message was edited by: 2manydjs on 2008-02-10 18:31 ]
cadcad
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-02-10 19:54
I havent upgraded yet and I can't back up!!
So I dont think its a firmware problem..
Anyone knows what to do?
Any hint?

[ This Message was edited by: cadcad on 2008-02-10 18:55 ]
AD
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-02-10 20:08
Backup problems....could be the old one discovered in the p990 days - If you have several backups on your pc already, then it will fail when tring to create another.

Answer - delete some of your old backups or move them out of the relavant folder to somewhere else on your pc where the pcsuite can't see them.

If it's not this, then install the very latest version of the pcsuite (make sure you fully uninstall the old version first), and try again.

If this doesn't work, then try reflashing your phone with the current firmware, as it may be caused by a bad flash - make sure to empty the 'db' folder of SEUS first as this will force SEUS to download a new copy from SE's servers, so you can eliminate a bad download as the cause of your original problem.

good luck
cadcad
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-02-10 21:06

On 2008-02-10 20:08:05, AD wrote:
Backup problems....could be the old one discovered in the p990 days - If you have several backups on your pc already, then it will fail when tring to create another.

Answer - delete some of your old backups or move them out of the relavant folder to somewhere else on your pc where the pcsuite can't see them.

If it's not this, then install the very latest version of the pcsuite (make sure you fully uninstall the old version first), and try again.

If this doesn't work, then try reflashing your phone with the current firmware, as it may be caused by a bad flash - make sure to empty the 'db' folder of SEUS first as this will force SEUS to download a new copy from SE's servers, so you can eliminate a bad download as the cause of your original problem.

good luck

Thanks AD, that helped and I could backup.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 8910 ... 303132  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic