Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > W960i ActiveSync settings

Author W960i ActiveSync settings
AdamAA
W960
PM
Posted: 2008-01-29 10:53
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hey,

I am trying to get the ActiveSync settings updated to work with my work emails, but I do not know too much about outlook or email clients to set this up - My work email is on a Microsoft Exchange Server, and the ActiveSync is asking for details such as User name, Server name, Domain etc.

Does anyone know where I can find these in outlook, so I can set my phone up to receive work email/calendar?

Thanks for your time,
Adam
Jimster71
G700 Bronze
PM
Posted: 2008-01-29 15:29
In outlook, go to tools->email accounts.

Click next to view existing accounts.

Click change and you should see the username and server name.

As for password, it depends on your system and you may have to ask your admin about it.
AdamAA
W960
PM
Posted: 2008-01-29 15:58
Thanks, I have the user name (email address) password (normal account password) and the server, but not sure how to find the domain.

However I keep getting an error saying I have entered the server name wrong, but it is correct - I think I am just going to give up with this phone and do it the old fashion way...

Now where is my pigeon lol
simonf7
W960
PM
Posted: 2008-01-29 16:05

On 2008-01-29 15:58:46, AdamAA wrote:
Thanks, I have the user name (email address) password (normal account password) and the server, but not sure how to find the domain.

However I keep getting an error saying I have entered the server name wrong, but it is correct - I think I am just going to give up with this phone and do it the old fashion way...

I don't have the settings in front of me, but if I remember correctly and you have your server as 'mail.company.co.uk' - the server is actually 'mail' and the domain 'company.co.uk'.

Si
AdamAA
W960
PM
Posted: 2008-01-29 16:18
Awesome I think that may have worked, well I get a different error message now about me having poor conection - I think this might be because I read I needed WiFi in order to use it?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi