Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > W960i LAN

Author W960i LAN
linfit
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-01-24 00:08
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi everybody!

Just got my W960i today and am anjoying getting to know it!!! lol!!

Need some help with connecting to wireless LAN. I have a router and have found it and managed to get the phone to connect to it, but whenever I start the internet application , the phone says it can't find the O2 Wap settings. What do I need to do to get it to connect with my router?

Also, does anyone know how many messages the W960i can store?

Many thanks
Bianca
W810 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-01-24 00:32
If you start the internet application with a wapsite as homepage its not strange that the phone cant find it if you are on wireless lan. Try to go to another webpage to see if it works then. If not, its something in the settings.
Rishone
Z520 black
PM
Posted: 2008-01-24 07:51
Q1) If you can connect to your Router, then it will show up in Connection manager as a WiFi connection, So set it with the Priority 1 in in your internat group, To do that

On your phone Go to. Control Panel -> Connections -> Internet Accounts - And Select the "Groups" Tab.
There you will see an account called Internet, Edit that Account. There you will see all your Internet Connections with the assigned Priority. Select your WiFi Coneection and give it the Priority 1. And your GPRS connection Priority 2 as etc.

What this will do is, Whenever you try to connect to internet with your Browser or Any other Application, your phone will try for your WiFi Connection first, if it is not possible, only then it will try for the GPRS connection. Hope this will solve your problem

2) i Think its unlimited, because the whole available phone memory (160mb - your applications = 120 - 130Mb ) is used to store your Contact + messages + call register etc. i didnt tried with more than 200 messages ( i have around 180 - 190 messages).

OK Bye.
linfit
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-01-24 10:04
Many thanks - sorted!

One other silly thing - I Master Reset my phone when I was trying to connect to LAN, and so have lost all my Themes, Ringtones etc

Been on SONY E Site to download some freebies to my phone - which I have done, but it says they are not supported by my phone, and I can't find them anywhere. Saved them to a new folder, but they not showing in it.

Any other ideas where I can get some free themes - not so worred bout ringtones as will use my own.

thanks
Rishone
Z520 black
PM
Posted: 2008-01-24 13:21
thats good

you can find hundreds of themes for your phone, search for UIQ3 themes (the file extension will be .utz), just copy them to your phone, and install from there

Ok i will give you some links,

1) Esato, look at here http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=160874

2) then here http://gallery.mobile9.com/c/sony-ericsson-p1p1i-themes/1/

3) then here http://www.uiq.com/uiq_themes.html

and lots of other places on the net, google the term UIQ themes

Your Phone will support themes made for P1, M600, W950 and ofcourse W960
linfit
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-01-25 12:25
Thanks Rishone - will have a look and download some.
Skadi
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2008-01-31 16:17
Hi, I just recently got my w960i. Of course I checked my internet connection.
1) everything looked like a wap site. Can it display normal html pages?
2) when I worked with the phone afterwards, the connectivity stayed on UMTS. Does that mean, that I am constantly connected to the internet. That will cost me a fortune! Can I switch to normal phone network, when I shut down the browser (using the task manager)?

ThanX, Dani
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi