Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > Lets talk about the davinci code.

12  Next
Author Lets talk about the davinci code.
Twometre
Z710 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-01-23 11:17
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Tribute to The First Man on Eath Thread

What do you like in it?
What do you hate?
Did you watch the movie?
Did you read the novel?
What more can you say about it.
you can get more info on The davenci code if iam not mistaken.
Remember no critisism. Just a plain opnen discussion

[ This Message was edited by: Twometre on 2008-01-23 16:40 ]
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-01-23 11:21
well, its a very interesting theory, but the movie is carp. the usually childish way of hollywood to make a really complicated stoty simple, so the "simple" ppl understand it too. its not a good idea to make such a movies, where the historical background so complicated...

just wondering, its a really old movie, how comes u pop up now with it?
Aquila non capit muscas - /// 4ever!

/// Ericsson Forum
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2008-01-23 11:25
I read the book and seen the movie. The book was better, raced along at a good pace.

As for the subject matter? Some of it was intriguing, like DaVinci's painting 'The Last Supper' with the extra hand, etc. I suppose we will never find out if all the mysterious references are true or not.

The Sacred Feminine? Mmmm. I'm open on that one.

*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2008-01-23 11:30

On 2008-01-23 11:21:43, BobaFett wrote:
well, its a very interesting theory, but the movie is carp.

. . . carp as in - FISH I thought it was about the relationship of Jesus and Mary Magdalene [addsig]
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-01-23 11:31
sadly the this christian religion is more worse than all the illness on the earth, they lied to many times, the vatican is more worse then the sicilian maffia ( at least the maffia has the "omerta" so they have respect ). the priesters and nunns arent very "clear" either, imo menthally ill ( no sex etc )

the davinci code tries maybe to show in that point, the cölibat. where they still today say, that they dont merry, cos jesus was on his own. bullshit. if there is no family, all what they get in their life, the church will get it, thatswhy is the catholic church so rich... just imagine, since hundreds of years they have everything after the deatch of a priester...

disgusting... this is not religion, this is a shame...
Aquila non capit muscas - /// 4ever!

/// Ericsson Forum
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2008-01-23 11:50
Sometimes . . . things like this MUST be revealed to the populace for US to distinguish if it's TRUE or NOT Well, honestly, I do NOT believe 100% what is ALL written in the - Bible (I'm a Roman Catholic . . .) There are just tooooooooo maaaaaaany things in this world that's really mysterious.

As they say . . . the STORY of Jesus is the GREATEST story ever TOLD, and it's also the GREATEST mystery NEVER solved ! [addsig]
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-01-23 11:55
they will never tell the truth, cos then it turn out how many times they lied and they would loose everything. the pope is like"god", when he says the white is black, then millions says the same. now thats what power means and they use it... jesus was a kind of guy, who maybe told one, that lets love each other, instead to hate ( if there was a guy, maybe its just an apart of the fairy tale )...

/// Ericsson Forum

[ This Message was edited by: BobaFett on 2008-01-23 10:56 ]
arvinlad
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-01-23 11:56
Davinci is fiction - but makes claims for itself that it is true!

Here is a website setup in response to the movie... http://www.thetruthaboutdavinci.com/

For example in the movie Sir Leigh Teabing says "[The Bible] has evolved through countless translations, additions, and revisions. History has never had a definitive version of the book." In reality the New Testament has more manuscript evidence for its preservation as the original authors wrote than any other book in antiquity...

There are many, many reviews on this money-making pile of blasphemous garbage which will help you if you really want to know...
www.answersingenesis.org , www.expelledthemovie.com/home.php
arvinlad
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-01-23 12:03

On 2008-01-23 11:31:42, BobaFett wrote:
sadly the this christian religion is more worse than all the illness on the earth, they lied to many times, the vatican is more worse then the sicilian maffia ( at least the maffia has the "omerta" so they have respect ). the priesters and nunns arent very "clear" either, imo menthally ill ( no sex etc )

the davinci code tries maybe to show in that point, the cölibat. where they still today say, that they dont merry, cos jesus was on his own. bullshit. if there is no family, all what they get in their life, the church will get it, thatswhy is the catholic church so rich... just imagine, since hundreds of years they have everything after the deatch of a priester...

disgusting... this is not religion, this is a shame...

Boba - the Catholic Chuch is NOT the definitive Christian religion

The centre of Christianity is Jesus Christ...

After the great sermon on the mountain, Jesus comes down and great multitudes of people followed him. A leper appeared and began to worship Jesus. The Leper asked Jesus to make him clean. Jesus put forth his hand and touched him saying the words “I will, be clean.” Immediately his leprosy was cleansed.

When Jesus went to Ca-per’na-um, a centurion begged him to heal his servant who lay sick of the palsy and grievously tormented. Jesus started to go to this man’s house. The Centurion answered and said he was not worthy for him to come under his roof, but just to say the word and he was certain his servant would be healed. Jesus saw great faith in him of which he had not found in Israel. In that same hour, Jesus said, let it be done as you have believed and this man’s servant was healed.

John 8:3-11
3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst, 4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. 5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? 6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. 7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. 8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. 9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. 10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? 11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

This Jesus is is the one to follow not any particular 'brand' of church
www.answersingenesis.org , www.expelledthemovie.com/home.php
haynesycop
Z800
PM
Posted: 2008-01-23 12:03
Loved this book read it in a day couldn't put it down, the movie was rubbish in comparison i won't watch a movie now if i've read the book.
Twometre
Z710 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-01-23 12:22
I agree with that it is an interesting subject and the movie is crap. It is not made to the standard of the novel. The idea of the last supper was the one that captured my interest the most. Imagine marry magdalene being the wife of Christ
Twometre
Z710 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-01-23 13:10

On 2008-01-23 11:25:24, goldenface wrote:
I read the book and seen the movie. The book was better, raced along at a good pace.

The Sacred Feminine? Mmmm. I'm open on that one.

Davinci was trying to bring up a woman as a highly recognised personel in the christian family. In one place in the book he says "Jesus was a true and original femnist"
I QUIVER WITH FEAR

[qoute]. . carp as in - FISH I thought it was about the relationship of Jesus and Mary Magdalene
[/quote]
Mate @jojo it is about that but when the disscussion goes further into details a lot is brought up.

[qoute]
Loved this book read it in a day couldn't put it down, the movie was rubbish in comparison i won't watch a movie now if i've read the book.
[/qoute]
@haynesycop That is what I resolved to yet I was dying to see the movie after I read the book. Have you read the Angels and Demons novel By the same author, Dan Brown

[ This Message was edited by: Twometre on 2008-01-23 12:14 ]
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2008-01-23 13:48
@two - Yup ! The PEAK of the story was that Jesus has/have kids with Mary Magdalene if not ONE the TWO Then they were following the BLOOD-line of Jesus till to this very day (descendants). The story did TACKLE many issues too . . . [addsig]
Twometre
Z710 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-01-23 17:54

On 2008-01-23 13:48:58, *Jojo* wrote:
@two - Yup ! The PEAK of the story was that Jesus has/have kids with Mary Magdalene if not ONE the TWO Then they were following the BLOOD-line of Jesus till to this very day (descendants). The story did TACKLE many issues too . . .

Well jojo my friend I do side with you. What I want to add is that the last Grand master of the Priory of Sion was last spotted to have travelled into the southern parts of Africa in 1984.

Soime of the things said in the davinci code are very much true. Talk about the paintings of Leonardo Davinci and may more. What I do not understand is that why did the Roman Church decide to hide most of the mortal facts concerning Crist.

However everything now is open to interpretations as if its Jesus for sale
And when you talk about the descendants of christ, you can be surprised that they still live up to today. I know some of them, we have a few here in Swaziland near my home, although they are mostly found in France. This is not a fairy tale.

I said in another thhread that as much as we are christians we shouldnt turn a blind eye on the mmortal truth. The last Supper according to Davinci is hundred percent true, but then Constatine decided to play otherwise with the two religions.

Even Miss Magdalene wolater became Mrs Christ was indeed not a prostitute as it is said in the bible, plus many more. If you want me to proove it for you, Hell yes I will.
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2008-01-23 23:35
@two - Nicely said mate ! I do AGREE with what you have said too ! Though I did NOT know about Jesus havin' descendants in - Africa Yes, they said that after Jesus was cruxified . . . Mary Magdalene hurriedly went to France and gave birth there . . . As seen in the flick, it was shown that that the BODY (remains/tomb) of Mary Magdalene was placed beneath the famous tourist attraction - The Louvre (France) . . .

Did you hear about the story that there was a TIME-frame in Jesus' life that was missing being mentioned in the Bible There was a GAP between his chilhood till he became an adolescent . . it was said that he went to China to MEET the Dalai Lamas there . . . any idea about this dude [addsig]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi