Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Technical > My email accounts disappeared in my K800

Author My email accounts disappeared in my K800
altemyr
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-01-18 18:56
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Suddenly, without any obvious natural explanation, all my email accounts disappeared from my phone. I had three different email account to normal smtp servers and one google account, and nothing was left when I opened the email folder. I had to go through the tedious work to fill in all usernames and passwords again. When I came to the Google account, another strange thing happened: Since I probably used the same account name as before, i.e. "Gmail", all account information came back into the settings form after I had entered the account name. This indicates that the settings were still there in memory, but the index was lost. The only major change I have made is to replace my 2GB M2 card with a 4 GB card, but as far as I know, there are no email settings stored on the M2 card. Has anyone else experienced something similar? And if so, is there a way to avoid it in the future?
Another question: Many operators and also SonyEricsson has a service that can send the email settings as an SMS. Can I create such messages myself?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi