Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > New Sony Ericsson W350i

123 ... 91011  Next
Author New Sony Ericsson W350i
CookiCrumble
W660 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-01-07 02:08
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

The new Sony Ericsson W350 puts music on top with a combination of favourite Walkman® features and a unique flip design

Las Vegas, USA – 6th January 2008 – Sony Ericsson today announced the launch of the W350, a Walkman® phone that offers the perfect blend of style and function. Featuring for the first time from Sony Ericsson a flip phone that allows you to control your music at your fingertips, it offers a winning combination of ease of use, style and convenience. This latest addition to the Walkman® phone family can be used with the new Bluetooth™ Headset HBH-DS205, also announced today, for the ultimate hands-free music experience.

“The W350 Walkman® phone offers a combination of key easy-to-use music and phone functions in a stylish, compact form,” said Ben Padley, Head of Music Marketing at Sony Ericsson. “It is designed to appeal to men and women on-the-go who want a stylish, compact phone that offers a complete MP3 experience at an affordable price.”

W350 Walkman® phone – Simple to use, stylish to carry

Unique style – 10mm slim Walkman® phone with a unique flip design
Walkman® on Top – navigate your music collection from simple keys on the phone’s front
Fun music features – name a song with TrackIDTM
Bluetooth™ Stereo Streaming – for wirefree music listening
A style statement
You’ll draw admiring glances when you take the W350 out of your pocket or bag. At just 10 mm thin, it is sleek enough to fit comfortably with no bulges into your pocket or purse. Its unique flip covers the keypad for a minimalist look. Available in trendy colours including Electric Black with orange accents, the phone is a classy yet modern statement that is never out of place whether at a music gig or a football match.

True Walkman® player experience
The W350’s Walkman® player can easily be accessed and operated even without opening its flip cover. With Walkman® on Top, key MP3 functions including Play, Pause and Scroll are outside the phone’s flip cover so you can use it just like you would a standalone MP3 player.

The W350 makes it straightforward to transfer music onto your phone. Whether your favourite tracks are on a CD or on your computer, all you need to do with the phone’s intuitive Media Manager software is drag your tracks from your computer onto your phone via a USB cable. You can store up to 470 tracks 1)* or 40 entire albums1)* and, once your music is onto your phone, it’s also easy to navigate around it with the Walkman® player.

Never miss a beat
You’re at the bar, and a song plays that you used to love... but you just can’t place it! Sounds familiar? We’ve all experienced this, and thanks to TrackID TM, it need never happen again. Just record a few seconds of the song into the phone’s microphone (or tag it from the built-in radio) and use TrackIDTM to identify it. The phone provides you with the name of the song, the artist, and even the album so that you can download it and enjoy it again and again.

Stay tuned without wires
You don’t need to hold the phone in your hand to get the best out of the W350. With the Bluetooth™ Headset HBH-DS205, you can stream the music on your phone wirelessly to your ears! Your phone can be in your bag and you can still listen to the music, see which song is playing and take calls.

The W350i is an EDGE 900/1800/1900 phone that will be available in selected markets from Q2 2008. The W350a is an EGDE 850/1800/1900 phone for the Americas that will also be available from Q2 2008.

The Bluetooth™ Headset HBH-DS205 will come in grey and will be available in selected markets from Q2 2008.

[ This Message was edited by: CookiCrumble on 2008-01-07 01:46 ]
bigmann77
S500 Green
PM
Posted: 2008-01-07 02:16
bringing back the oldschool style haha i like it
bart
Ericsson T68
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-01-07 02:21
a flipphone in iceblue
just give it some good specs and it would be ... oh just woke up, SE is still SE

A flip phone, so tempting. But again SE ****s up big time. if only the would've implanted a 2MP AF cam with led lights, the same as on the W810 and i would've called the best SE phone ever.

IF NOT: their sales will go down, i give you my word!

[ This Message was edited by: bart on 2008-01-07 01:25 ]
bart
Ericsson T68
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-01-07 02:47
i need a pic of its back. haven't found it on SE website so far.
With Ericsson and Nokia gone: we must keep their spirits alive and buy JOLLA or YOTA
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-01-07 02:54
looks really cheap, reflects the imaginationless and low level japanese design... simple solutions are more then welcome at me, but this is just ugly...
Aquila non capit muscas - /// 4ever!

/// Ericsson Forum
bart
Ericsson T68
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-01-07 02:58
Reminds me abit of those old samsungs
like these

Still this could be a comeback for the flipphone?
With Ericsson and Nokia gone: we must keep their spirits alive and buy JOLLA or YOTA
bigmann77
S500 Green
PM
Posted: 2008-01-07 03:01
haha yee thas what i meant by old school look... haha ill defz look at getting this... itd be sweet using that and everyone looking at u haha good job sony!!
ocean21
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-01-07 03:01
not nice i think
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2008-01-07 05:00
want to see more specs(internal memory[it says up to 470 song tracks. that's about 128mb @ 4mb each track?], etc, etc, etc)

ohhhh !! what've you done?

I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
bambarah
Aino White
PM
Posted: 2008-01-07 05:46
nice 10 mm slim
cheap and elegant solution
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2008-01-07 07:35
@bart
cant see why you would expect AF and a flash in such a low end handset. Take it this is some what a successor to the w300i, which was a very cheap phone, price wise! The w350 will be the same, maybe a little more pricey, but as i said, cant expect af and a flash light in such a low end phone.

Its not just , but all other companies do not offer AF/flash in such low end phones, a flash maybe, but thats all!

but if the price is gonna jump a lot from the w300 release price, then yes, it should have better features, but looking at things now and its number index i think the price will be quite low.
c96sthl
C702 Speed Black
PM
Posted: 2008-01-07 10:31
the centre chrome area looks like a tennis ball...SE might have got so much from WTA they want to dedicate this phone for WTA? just kidding

it just remind me of T39 with their light blue version.

I do hope they come with a design that allow more button access...it seem that when flip is closed...we can't access soft key.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2008-01-07 10:53
Not a bad music only solution, its looks really small and thin, which is always a good selling point.

Posted by Pop-lover

PeterKay
W995 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-01-07 11:11
like it alot......

SE4NICK
W580 Grey
PM
Posted: 2008-01-07 11:29
Im not sure id actually HAVE TO EXPERIENCE ONE BEFORE I GAVE AN OPINION....dam accidentally hit caps sorry
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
123 ... 91011  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic