Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > n82 bluetooth keyboard and snes style controller? and 32 gig chips, bluetooth headphones

Author n82 bluetooth keyboard and snes style controller? and 32 gig chips, bluetooth headphones
okalyddude
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-12-16 13:33
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hello. in this thread http://www.esato.com/board/vi[....]ic=159888&start=60#post2197379 i was trying to decide between a p1 and a n82, then decided on the tytn ii for reasons of skype and qwerty. Now i am thinking of the n82 for tv out and better camera and the fact that symbian has many apps i want (bittorrent emulators and sadly just fring and not skype)

there are some stipulations and hopes

first can someone confirm that 32 gig chips will be no different than 8 gig and 4 gig microsd and will be supported

can someone confirm that a bluetooth keyboard will work fine for chatting and emails (this is my laptop alternative but i really dont need qwerty all the time, just at home)

also heres a big hope- is there any kind of snes style controller that i can make compatible by bluetooth or any other means?

i like that i will have roms and can hook it up to the tv- but the design of the n82 is really not very good and would not lend itself to playing games..
can someone elaborate on the ngage games that are coming out and how they will work>?

also is there a video i can watch somewhere or good testimonial on the web browsing abilities of these phones with no touch screen? probably fine since everyone likes the browser im just wondering and hoping for testimonials from people using both

also heres a big stretch but is there support for a bluetooth mouse on the web browsing or any other type of application? with a keyboard and mouse and tv out i would definately not need a laptop. throw in a snes style controller and i am set for life

also random q - anyone recommend any specific bluetooth headphones? i was looking into it and hoping for in ear buds but only could find the goofy looking block lego ones (cant remember the name) and another kind of in ear pair that was like two seperate bluetooth ear clips with a cord (sorry i cant recall now but someone might know which i mean)

so im considering just going for adjustable behind the neck and full over the ear ones/ hopefully with good sound cancelation and bass

anyone?

also im going to get theft insurance this time so if anyone has good suggestions on that (or if there is special rules that i should know before just buying this phone from a random store)

thanks guys this forum is really damn informative
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-16 14:37
@okalyddude

I can only answer some of your questions as i can only comment from my own experiences and what i know.

Your device is likely to be dead or very outdated by the time 32gb card's are available we have only just got 8gb IMO. But should work without a problem although searching for things on a 32gb card my not be as fast as smaller cards for obvious reasons such as there is more to search.

The Nokia SU-8W works brilliantly with N series devices and once paired and you just leave both the Wireless Keyboard app and Bluetooth running you have no need to touch the phone at all. Also no need for a Bluetooth mouse as you can easily move the cursor round the page you are viewing using the up/down left /right arrow keys on the Keyboard, well that's what i do and it works perfectly.

I don't know of any Video showing a demonstration of it being used but i have explained above how it can work.

I don't play games although am aware of the emulators and Roms available so can't see there being a problem but have never heard of anyone using a Bluetooth game controller.

Bluetooth headphones IMO are just not good enough not by a long way yet but then every ones perception of good is different. I do know that the Nokia BH-500 has both excellent Volume and does produce as good as sound as possible via Bluetooth and you can plug in your own Headphones with a 3.5m jack.

That's all that i can answer for you try a Google search for the rest of your questions.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-12-16 13:37 ]
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-17 13:45
@okalyddude

Here is a Video of the browser in action although not using the Bluetooth keyboard and it appears there are other video's covering multitasking and a few other things on the same page, here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6Ba1IWWNmk

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-12-17 12:45 ]
okalyddude
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-12-22 15:12
ok so a few more questions about the n82 before im super comfortable making the purchase.

tv out - what is the output mode? and does it include an audio output? is it both in one like coax? or does it even have the ability to export both simotaniously? if not the tv out kind of loses some of its purpose.. i could watch movies on a bigger screen with the audio of the phone or watch them by myself via bluetooth headphones, but i couldnt really share a movie experience.

bluetooth keyboard - can you program the bluetooth keyboard to be usable to get around the phone? for instance could you open programs, toggle programs, type in a chat program, switch to an emulator and play, close it switch to internet etc... i will look into which keyboard i want but would like to know how programable they are to the phone and what all the can operate.

ideally when i am at home i would just have my n82 plugged in and hooked up to the tv. i could use the keyboard for just about everything, and bluetooth headphones for music and talking.

also about the gamepad - i found this http://www.smartgamepad.com/ but it is not quite perfect. reviews say it is odd to hold, buttons weird, and eats batteries. apparently somebody just ripped one up and put it in an old psx controller. that sounds a million times better, but i doubt i would be able to find one. im heading to s korea in a month or two so maybe there i will be able to find what i want easier.

are there any bluetooth keyboards that include any sort of d-pad type thing on them? or any that would be comfortable to hold and use for simple rom gaming (aside from just leaving them on the table and using them like a keyboard still)

and as far as a hard drive to use for the n82 i found this nsa wifi

http://www.pcmall.com/pcmall/[....]20Network%20Attached%20Storage

this one is pricier than i would go for. but can anyone verify if these would work with a n82? more likely i will just get an external hard drive and if i want to keep a downloaded movie or clear up space for music etc just use a computer at school or internet cafe to swap stuff in and out.

for bluetooth gamepad and keyboard design i found this
http://www.pocketnow.com/inde[....]portal_detail&t=reviews&id=725

but the idea behind this was simply to be small. thus itd be great if you intended to use it on the go. for me however, im more likely to just use it at home. so i will lıkely go the route of a normall sized bluetooth keyboard (maybe a little smaller) but hopefully will find one that also has the d-pad built in.. i got used to using my thumbs for the p1 so this wouldnt be too bad (a little bigger actually) but a full keyboard with the dpad is more what im looking for

for insurance i am still looking.. but i will want theft and damage insurance on such a device.. so let me know if you have suggestions..
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-22 16:12
@okalyddude

Of course the TV out has sound as well as vision and will put on the TV exactly what is on the devcies screen be it a film the Web, games or Document's and as you have said otherwise it would be pointless.

I have already said you can do anything with the phone without the need to touch it but this only applies to the Nokia SU-8W Bluetooth keyboard and 3rd party keyboards may not be able to do this as they are not supported within the OS.

I would suggest you check the Nokia product page as the answers and specs of the product are there here is a link to the page

http://www.nokia.co.uk/A4688582

I have no idea if you could hook it up to an external hard drive but doubt this would work in the way you want, the same goes for Game pads try Google and see what answers it gives.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-12-22 15:14 ]
Erotomaniac
K770 Bronze
PM
Posted: 2007-12-22 16:37
I'm also planning to get the n82 after the christmas rush.

Good choice I think.

I was deciding between it and k850 and the presence of 3.5mm jack + the issues being experienced by k850 right now broke the deal.

@Dogmann

Is the TV out of N82 the same with your N95 8gb? Is the TV out in wide screen format?
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-22 20:48
@Erotomaniac

You would be better off asking Mib1800 who has one as all i know is what is on the product page i put the link to but i would imagine so. As my understanding is the N82 runs all the same hardware just in a slightly different case.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-12-22 19:48 ]
mib1800
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-12-23 06:56

On 2007-12-22 16:37:57, Erotomaniac wrote:
@Dogmann

Is the TV out of N82 the same with your N95 8gb? Is the TV out in wide screen format?

You have a choice to select your tv format like the n95 (i.e 4:3 or 16:9)

Erotomaniac
K770 Bronze
PM
Posted: 2007-12-25 16:08
^ kewl!

thanks man.

hows the keypad btw? when I tried out the dummy unit, the buttons were a bit thin and close together for my fingers.

DocDibble
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-12-25 16:33
got mine for two days now and loving it. the keypad is great i think only drawback over the n95 series is the screen size and the 8gb. but phone is lightning fast and functions great with multitasking.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste
okalyddude
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-12-26 13:45
Thanks for the info guys. I think I am going to grab a n82 in a few days. Its not the ideal laptop-mp3 player-phone-handheld gamer-camera-gps replacement.. but its closer than anything else I have found yet! Just this and some bluetooth headphones (which I confirmed the playback controls will work for the n82 despite the phones lack of designated buttons) and a bluetooth keyboard (might get the one you suggested might try another, I had someone confirm that at least some 3rd party keyboards work and are programmable)

Should be good fun! I will let you all know
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-26 13:54
@okalyddude

Well if that's really what you want your devcie to be able to do have you thought about the E90 with it's large internal screen and there prices are much lower on E-bay than the suggested retail.

Re the keyboard's i have also read that some mapping is possible but no where close to what the Nokia Keyboard offers, i know it is more expensive than offers but IMO it really is the best and the functionality it gives can not be equalled never mind beaten by others. It is a one off purchase that over time becomes more cost effective the longer you own and use it.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-12-26 12:56 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi