Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Technical > Reinstalling Drivers

Author Reinstalling Drivers
Delaney
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-12-12 08:57
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Coming to the end of my tether with this problem. I've had the k810i pc suite working fine since I got the phone then about a week ago It stopped recognising the phone when I plugged it into the computer.

So I uninstalled pc suite and reinstalled (about 10 times) and there is no change the phone recognises that its plugged in and when I click file transfer mode there isn't the usual pop up from windows (Vista) askin what I want to do. I've searched google for ways to uninstall the usb drivers but I'm not having any luck.

There is no option in Add/Remove Programs for just the drivers. I don't see any changes in device manager when I plug the phone in either. Its like its installed, but just being ignored when I plug it in. Is there something blatantly obvious I'm missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated, all I want to do is transfer photos and ringtones. Thanks.
Delaney
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-12-13 11:47
So I found in vista that you need to click an option to view hidden devices, I removed all the drivers associated with Sony Ericsson. But still when I plug the phone into my comp there is no pop up about a new device. This is soo frustrating, how can it be so godamn difficult to uninstall drivers.
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2007-12-13 13:47
http://forums.se-nse.net/index.php?showtopic=17540
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi