Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > K770 (comments?)

Author K770 (comments?)
Erotomaniac
K770 Bronze
PM
Posted: 2008-01-07 05:36
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Dunno if this still matters.

Just got my k770 yesterday and for the short time that I have it, color me satisfied.

Was thinking of the k810 but I really do not want the joystick.

I found the keypad and d-pad of the k770 to be very comfortable. but that's just me.
dancingfate
K700
PM
Posted: 2008-01-07 05:46

On 2008-01-07 05:36:16, Erotomaniac wrote:
I found the keypad and d-pad of the k770 to be very comfortable. but that's just me.

No, that's not just you. K770's d-pad and keypad IS very comfortable for me too.
Apple iPhone 4, HTC Evo 3D, HTC Sensation, HTC Inspire 4G, HTC Desire S, HTC Wildfire, S001, SO905iCS, T650 (Gold & Green), C901, W800, K660, K700, Beibei (G702), Severine (DEAD)
Erotomaniac
K770 Bronze
PM
Posted: 2008-01-07 09:47
Just noticed something about the line of light near the camera cover. Should the whole line be lighted when you open the cover?

Mine just lights the outer ends of the line. When I look at it, it seems there are four bulbs but only the outer two lights up.
interloper
K770 Brown
PM
Posted: 2008-01-07 23:07
The phone is really very comfortable for use and has very cool design!
I don't think that I'm gonna change it soon...
Daedalus85
K750
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-01-07 23:57
If you prefer the looks, feel and classy coolness of a phone over having a slightly better camera for the occasions when you may possible put the pics on the your, the K770i is a wonderful choice.

I got my boyfriend one for Christmas and it's simply great, feels goods, works well, cameras pretty good, lovely glowing light effects, and works beautifully with the T650i changing keypad themes
My opinions on this forum are that of my own and not of the company I work for.
afx
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-01-09 10:37
My girlfriend recently bought a vodafone branded k770, and i have to say that if you put and my k810 or my k800 side by side then it puts their lcds to shame, its so much clearer and brighter. That and what others have said about the new joystick makes it for me a decent and cheaper alternative to the supposedly better phones. I also think it's a helluva lot more stylish.

There are a couple of issues though and since a few of you in here seem to own the k770 then perhaps you'll be able to help, It'd be particularly helpful if you have the standard sony firmware as we can isolate whether the problems she's seeing are related solely to the voda firmware.

Anyway heres the probs

1. If you receive a message and wish to forward it on, then unlike with the k800/810 you cant edit the message beforehand, it simply takes you straight to the screen where you pick the recipients.
2. If you add one of the phones default animated smileys to a message then it automatically converts it to a picture message... This was never the case with the 800 or 810 so i can only assume its a bug?
3. If you set text entry to T9 it doesn't remember this setting if you then turn the phone off and back on.
4. The zoom mode, im assuming from what people have said that perhaps this one is how its sposed to be and isnt a bug. But i just thought it curious that the phone was advertised as having 3x zoom, when it turns out that this 3x zoom only works in vga and not 1,2 or 3mp modes.

I think thats about it, if anyone could test their phone(particularly none vodafone ones) and see if they have these issues i'd be very grateful. I am contemplating changing the firmware on the phone, but i dont see the point until i know that the standard firmware doesnt have these bugs.

We did install a vodafone seus update yesterday but it made absolutely no change to any of these problems.

Thanks again!
Myros
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-01-09 11:57

On 2007-12-09 18:51:49, PowerLee wrote:
The joysticks are fine if you keep the dirt out of them plus you always have the warranty to fall back on.

Hey, PowerLee, any hints on how to keep the dirt out of the joystick? Mine seems to be gathering a bit of it, and its only 1 month old!
I know this is a bit off-topic, but.. ahem

On-topic: I really LOVE my K810, but you guys are making me wish I have a K770 now (except for AFX's post, those errors sound really annoying..)

[ This Message was edited by: Myros on 2008-01-09 11:01 ]
Daedalus85
K750
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-01-09 14:53

On 2008-01-09 10:37:40, afx wrote:

1. Not sure, never tried lol

2. I would say thats a bug or the Voda software, reknowned for it's 'cocking up' abilities. I'm pretty sure mine doens't do that.

3. Another bug, mine doesn't do that.

4. I think it's standard on alot of SE's, but to be fair, digital zoom is pointless anyway. All it will do if it could zoom in at higher resolutions is take the 3.2MP picture and crop it to a VGA sized poriton and only display that bit on the screen, making it look 'zoomed', therefore when you put in on your PC, tada, a VGA picture, which is effectively the 3x zoom. In otherwords, pointless.

My opinions on this forum are that of my own and not of the company I work for.
afx
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-01-09 15:40
Thanks for that daedalus! Really has helped
Looks like its definitely worthwhile trying to get the standard firmware on the phone now.
Be nice if you could have a go at the forwarding thing tho too if you have a chance

I know about the zoom being pretty much worthless anyway, and i guess with the 770 being the budget cybershot model thats why the zoom doesnt work in anything but vga mode, it just seemed odd to advertise it as 3x and then in reality not have it work in the mode most people will have the phone set to.

As you say though and as i've noticed with my 800/810 the zoom is horrible anyway and it certainly isn't something that will be missed.

Thanks very much for the help!
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2008-01-09 15:45
@afx - Nice observation matey . . . ! [addsig]
Erotomaniac
K770 Bronze
PM
Posted: 2008-01-10 15:35
I have an unbranded k770:

1. Mine goes to edit mode before forwarding.
2. How do you know that it was converted to a picture message?
3. Mine stays at t9 entry even when I shut it down. Same with disabled t9.
4. same here

afx
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-01-10 21:13
It'll come up with something on the screen saying converting to picture message, So if you aren't seeing that then i'd say its staying as a txt message.

Thanks for the reply , got all the answers i need now i think, No idea why the voda softwares doing this when noone elses is!
Thanks again
KingBooker5
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-01-10 21:34
k770, something new and fresh, played with my mates today, who cares if it isnt the best one out, its a very nice phone with good features, what more do you want?
Erotomaniac
K770 Bronze
PM
Posted: 2008-01-11 01:15
^ i want a better camera.

I researching now on how to get the most out the camera. any tips anyone?

Is there a new driver for the cam?

It'll come up with something on the screen saying converting to picture message, So if you aren't seeing that then i'd say its staying as a txt message.

yeah, I tried to send a pic message just now and I was prompted that I had to set up sumthing from my operator. Altho on the inbox screen, the message that I sent with the smiley has a tiny picture frame icon below the first letter of the name of the sender. That indicates an attached image I reckon. cool huh.

@AFX can you post when you flash your wife's k770 to the regular firmware? I would like to know how you did it.

[ This Message was edited by: Erotomaniac on 2008-01-11 00:24 ]
waldopepper
K770 Brown
PM
Posted: 2008-01-11 15:38
Hi, I'm also in this quandry. I've had my K800 for a year now and it's great but just a bit bulky. If I change it to a K770, will I lose any functionality at all (camera aside)?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi