Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup > GMail IMAP4 Outgoing EMail Problem

Previous  12
Author GMail IMAP4 Outgoing EMail Problem
ujustgotluck
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-02-19 13:09
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I am using K770i and am in India on Vodafone.
I have downloaded the settings for Gmail from Sony site(they were sent to my mobile with my password and all that).
The settings they sent had pop3 server as active so I changed that to imap4 and rest of the settings as have been explained above.
My problem is that I cannot even receive emails leave alone send any... the phone displays "connecting to server" for a long while and then it is "server not found".
BTW, I tried the original settings sent to me as well but they were not working either... any suggestions???
Thanks
larry 68
Satio Red
PM
Posted: 2008-02-19 21:11
I'm having the same problem as the post above, phone goes to connecting but never finds anything .
onuris21
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2008-02-23 06:34

On 2008-02-19 13:09:00, ujustgotluck wrote:
I am using K770i and am in India on Vodafone.

I have downloaded the settings for Gmail from Sony site(they were sent to my mobile with my password and all that).

The settings they sent had pop3 server as active so I changed that to imap4 and rest of the settings as have been explained above.

My problem is that I cannot even receive emails leave alone send any... the phone displays "connecting to server" for a long while and then it is "server not found".

BTW, I tried the original settings sent to me as well but they were not working either... any suggestions???

Thanks

I did the same thing as you to my w960i.
I can receive but cannot send emails.

I found the problem and it lies with the settings SE sent.
The outgoing settings that they sent me was incorrect.

For my phone, under Messaging > Gmail > Settings > Email accounts > Gmail.

At the outbox tab, the outgoing server address, Instead of 'smtp.googlemail.com', they sent me 'smpt.googlemail.com'.

So I edited the address accordingly, checked the 'use smtp authentication' box, checked the 'use inbox login details' box and save the settings.

And I successfully sent a test mail to my hotmail.
perrybc427
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-03-01 23:29

On 2007-12-08 09:12:02, sranjanm2002 wrote:
Hi Friends,

I have Sony Ericsson K810i Cyber-shot phone. I have configured GMail IMAP4 account. The problem is that i can download e mails but when i try to send or reply then i get " SENDING SERVER NOT FOUND " error.

First i changed Outgoing Server Encryption from TLS to SSL. Then changed port address. SMTP server on port 465 (with SSL) and port 587 (with TLS), but still having trouble sending mail. Then i configure SMTP to use port 25 (with SSL).

Still having Problems. Please help.

I kinda have the same problem with my Sony Ericsson P1i when fetching my Gmail, the exact same error message appears. This only happens when I try to connect thru GPRS/3G, but there seems to be no problem when I connect thru WLAN. I didn't change any settings in my phone's email set up, it only depends on the connection type. I wana make it work with GPRS/3G connection since WLAN is not available all the time. Any suggestions so far? Thanks!
Togan
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-05-30 11:18
or just do what i did, use the browser and go to gmail.com, download their gmail app and u get better UI!
isashach
V640 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-06-11 23:26
I have a V800 and I followed all the advice here, but when I click send&recieve, it says "Finding Server" for a few seconds, then "TSL/SSL Hanshake Failure". How can I fix this (apart from downloading the gmail app that does NOT work on the V800)?
dennevhyn_31
K800 Brown
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-09-05 12:36
Just configure Gmail using POP3 and not IMAP. Visit my blog and follow the steps. The link is http://sek800iemailsetup.blogspot.com. It will also give you the steps on how to configure Yahoo! Mail using IMAP.
StevenC
W910 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-09-14 13:50
@ All those who cannot receive/send emails via Mobile Email Client

Although you might have the correct setting for your mailbox, you may not connect to the server if your mobile carrier does not support Port Forwarding or something like that.

Unfortunately I cannot use the email client too snif snif :'(

[ This Message was edited by: StevenC on 2008-09-14 12:52 ]

[ This Message was edited by: StevenC on 2008-09-14 12:52 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi