Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > SE w960 i or HTC tytn ll ?

Author SE w960 i or HTC tytn ll ?
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2007-12-02 07:31
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
HTC TyTN II currently do not support 3D acceleration, W960 does

If you want to invest on User Interface - i'm sure you won't doubt W960 has more eye catching UI than TyTN II - any reactions so far?
10 years at Esato
AbuBasim
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2007-12-02 10:55

On 2007-12-02 07:31:29, razec wrote:
HTC TyTN II currently do not support 3D acceleration, W960 does

If you want to invest on User Interface - i'm sure you won't doubt W960 has more eye catching UI than TyTN II - any reactions so far?

When I bought my TyTN II, I wanted to sell my P990i as a trade-in. My wife adviced me to keep it as the loss would have been too big. I'm glad I listened to her. I have put back the TyTN II in the box and am using the P990i while waiting for ROM updates from HTC.

I agree that the UIQ 3.x UI is nicer, although it wastes screen real estate by using larger fonts and doesn't provide an easy way to change fonts and font sizes. And I miss tap'n'hold for copy/cut/paste.
jcwhite_uk
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-12-02 11:48
the handwriting recognition is better on SE phones than the tytn
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2007-12-02 22:52
@abu - Thanks for the INFO mate . . . [addsig]
jortiz1200
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-03 03:55
i was in the same boat .the tytn ll was at the top of my list,but for my uses i couldnt dig the screen resolution and the handwriting recognition is not as good as se's.also i love having my fm radio, went for the p1. but if your coming from the 910 you might enjoy the p990 or the p1i .for the money they are great.
p1i
m600i> 4gig.m2
n800> 2x 8gig. sdhc
isadouglas
P800
PM
Posted: 2007-12-03 19:50
Thanks everybody, now I really don't know what to do!!!

I like the p1 specs but I hate the design, my fav design is d I Phone but hate ATT, I like d w960 design but now I want gps too and fm radio that htc don't...
Why a girl can't have it all???????????
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2007-12-03 20:15
I think rather get the W960 then get an external GPS reciever for it.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
isadouglas
P800
PM
Posted: 2007-12-03 20:33
mmmmm, something to think about...
drgopoos
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-12-04 03:47

On 2007-12-02 11:48:00, jcwhite_uk wrote:
the handwriting recognition is better on SE phones than the tytn

and @AbuBasim, the touch screen aspect is one of the best things in SE phones... i have never been satisfied with this aspect of any other brand....

Most of the windows based handsets are so limited in touch screen usage...
In uiq phone if u have to enter any kind of data, the touch screen automatically turns into the writing mode.. in windows mobile you have to click the icon for the key board to activate the transcriber fn.... THis and many other things in touch screen makes SE the father of touch screen.. I wish with the new WM6 the mother too is born !!!
AbuBasim
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2007-12-04 04:46

On 2007-12-04 03:47:21, drgopoos wrote:
in windows mobile you have to click the icon for the key board to activate the transcriber fn.... THis and many other things in touch screen makes SE the father of touch screen.. I wish with the new WM6 the mother too is born !!!

Maybe that's true if you have selected the transcriber for input. But if you normally use the on-screen keyboard then it will appear automatically whenever any input is required. This was at least my experience with the two non-QWERTY WM phones I have owned, the Magician (i-mate JAM) and the Prophet (i-mate JAMin).
kenjilau
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-04 09:14
personaly, the HTC is higher performance thant the other one
Ericsson Long live !
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2007-12-04 11:09
I went from the P910 (great phone) through the M600i (UIQ3, very similar to both the P1 and the W960) to the Windows Mobile 6 powered Tytn II.

As you might guess from my switch from UIQ3 to WM6, I wasn't particularly impressed by the "improvements" in UIQ. I loved UIQ2 on the P910 and the P800 before it, but on the whole the M600i was a dissapointment - even though mine was relatively bug free and generally worked fine, I didn't really like what they'd done with the interface and I never felt it had the potential of the P910. UIQ3 has never had the software support its predecessor enjoyed, and for me it always felt locked down and limited. Also the screen on the M600i - as with the W960 - was smaller, and felt cramped after the P910.

The Tytn II has been a revelation, and much closer to what I loved about the P910 than its supposed UIQ successors. It's just the ultimate smartphone, a genuine powerhouse supporting pretty much everything you can imagine, and with a massive developer community and software support for everything you can think of. Being Windows it syncs perfectly and quickly with both my home and work systems (something my SE phones could never do consistently) and it has push mail built in. I have GPS available at the drop of a hat (no need to remember or charge another device), and I have a lovely big screen again. It's also much, much faster than UIQ3 in my experience - with a 400mhz processor and seemingly more optimised apps, everyday tasks like opening messages or calendar are near instant on the Tytn, whereas they took an age in UIQ3.

The Tytn II also features a full qwerty keyboard which is very useful, but may I say - as a lover of the Jot handwriting recognition on all the UIQ phones, the comments here about handwriting in WM are very wide of the mark. The "Letter Recogniser" on the Tytn works perfectly with all the old letter strokes I used to use in UIQ, and if anything it's quite a bit more forgiving. The recogniser field pops up whenever there's text to be entered (and the keyboard's not open) making it just as easy to use as UIQ. In the unlikely event you don't get on with it, there's also Transcriber (which recognises whole words quite accurately), Block Recogniser, a keyboard naturally, and any number of good third party alternatives.

It's a good music player - it may not be a Walkman, but HTC's bundled Audio Manager app is a good substitute - and while video may not be perfect (yet) it's still pretty good. What's more, with MicroSD cards being about half the price of Sony's M2, you can add 8GB pretty cheaply. The camera is pretty darn good too IMO, it's the first camphone I've used that produces pictures I could believe were taken with a real camera, and its certainly a massive upgrade on the P910's.

If you're looking for the spiritual successor to the P910, genuinely improved in every way (aside from perhaps weight!), than the Tytn II is it. The W960 is something else, a phone that excels at multimedia but is in many ways more limited than the phone you have now (IMHO).

[ This Message was edited by: Boinng on 2007-12-04 10:20 ]
isadouglas
P800
PM
Posted: 2007-12-04 16:26
It is a shame that the new realesed w960 has disapointed its buyers with complaints of cheap building materials and problems with the battery lid.
I do like symbian phones since I started with the p800 and have the p910 and some time and money invested in programs and accsesories, but I had a share of problems with the sync with windows too.
At this moment I think Im going for HTC ll just hope to get use to their TS and Hand writting Rec.
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2007-12-04 17:01
Bear in mind that none of your UIQ2 software will run on UIQ3 in any case! They changed the accessory port after the P910 too...

I agree it's a real shame about all the UIQ3 phones. None of them meet the promise of the original P-series phones in my opinion. Both the P800 and P910 were fantastic phones in their day.

I don't think you'll be dissapointed by the Tytn II

[ This Message was edited by: Boinng on 2007-12-04 16:02 ]
isadouglas
P800
PM
Posted: 2007-12-04 18:13
Thank you Boinng you are being a lot of help!! and so everybody else
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic