Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > SE w960 i or HTC tytn ll ?

Author SE w960 i or HTC tytn ll ?
Foxhunter
P900
PM
Posted: 2007-12-17 20:11
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Exactly!!! And of course I know that the P5i will have more updated specs regarding screen resolution, size, weight, camera, but my point in a way was that S/E in about 5 to ? months will release a new smartphone that allmost is matched with the present Tytn 2 - then it's up to people to decide if they want UIQ or Windows...
isadouglas
P800
PM
Posted: 2007-12-17 20:51
Whilst i don't actually have a TytN 11 i can and do appreciate all that it has especially the obvious improvements that WM6 has brought, but unfortunately for some on this Forum if it's not from SE or a UIQ smart phone of course it's buggy slow and crashes. They aren't going to let a little thing like facts get in the way of their bias either. So sad that apparently intelligent people can turn into gibbering idiots and all because they are biased towards SE.

Marc

Not nice Marc , to start name calling just because you desagree..
I had SE for 6 years ( p800, p910) and it was a nice phone, but I have to say windows has come a long way and honestly I got tired of waiting for the w 960 and Im glad I did.
This htc tytn ll its a little rocket and windows media is just fine..
Don't be a dog man!!!
koto
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2007-12-17 20:59
@isadouglas
lol....I believe dogmann lives in London which means his english is perfect. How did you come to that interpretation:)
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-18 00:58
@isadouglas

Well you have completely at utterly lost me with your post just what do you think i have said that is so bad? and it definitely wasn't directed at you either it was directed at those that are complaining about how bad WM6 without any knowledge of it. As i think you have definitely chosen the best device for you needs from what you have said.

A very confused Dogmann and that doesn't happen often either.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-12-17 23:59 ]
drgopoos
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-12-18 01:38
To say WM 6 is fully stable is definitely not true. It has issues and plenty. But then i would say UIQ is even worse.,and Nokia e90 is also not a good experience.
One smart phone that never let me down was P910i. But its an old story now.

So among all the unstable platforms WM6 is the better one. The main reason being the availability of excellent third party applications and xda developers who cook very stable and fast roms.

If uiq or s60 opens up, windows will stand nowhere.

Every one knows mac is better than windows but why does most of us go and buy windows ?
Nipsen
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-12-18 03:12
..buy? If you mean, "it came with the hard- drive", or "and I had to use it because the support- people at work and the online office solution requires it", then I suppose "buy" is what people do. I was a paying betatester for Windows for five years. My brother considers himself a Windows addict. I know a guy who has a breakdown if his desktop changes. So I'm not sure "buy", really covers the situation all that well

"Brothers and Sisters, believe! Believe in the salvation of Demand Paging, 'eah!"

[ This Message was edited by: Nipsen on 2007-12-18 02:13 ]
isadouglas
P800
PM
Posted: 2007-12-18 04:27
@ Dogmann

Sorry I wasn't trying to confuse you, I guess I misundertood you...
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2007-12-18 08:08

On 2007-12-18 01:38:26, drgopoos wrote:
To say WM 6 is fully stable is definitely not true. It has issues and plenty.

You're sure of that? I can only speak as I find, and on my Tytn II runing the stock HTC rom I find none of these "plenty" issues. can you give some examples?

it seems to me that the OS itself is perfectly sound, it's simply let down on occasion by poorly implemented hardware and third party add-ons.

considering the Tytn II is a relatively new phone running its first release firmware, its stability is nothing short of amazing next to any recent UIQ phone.

One smart phone that never let me down was P910i. But its an old story now.

I had the P910 too, and if I was going to compare the Tytn II to anything, that would be it.

Every one knows mac is better than windows but why does most of us go and buy windows

Pardon? sorry, but that's nonsense. I've used a mac, it's fine, but i've been a happy windows user for many years and I don't see that changing anytime soon. I won't repeat your mistake and try to speak for everyone else, but I buy windows (generally on a windows pc) because it's a good reliable OS that works well, is simple and familiar to use, and has the best software and hardware support bar none. if that's somehow the 'wrong' reasons to choose an OS i'd like to know what the right ones are.

[ This Message was edited by: Boinng on 2007-12-18 07:23 ]
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-12-18 09:01

On 2007-12-18 04:27:38, isadouglas wrote:
@ Dogmann

Sorry I wasn't trying to confuse you, I guess I misundertood you...

Actually, you didn't misunderstand him. He goes around calling "idiots" people that disagree with his opinions. If you dig around you'll find all the posts he wrote about how good Nokia is and how bad SE is. Turning every thread into a flamewar is not an inteligent thing to do.
---

On 2007-12-17 11:29:56, Boinng wrote:

On 2007-12-17 09:28:45, 701 wrote:
I'd say quite the opposite: if you want a STABLE device, get a P1i. I used to use Jamin, Tytn 1 and P3600 and they have one thing in common: install more than 5 apps on it and it'll become very unstable. Always had to soft reset, the programs became corrupted some times and I had to reinstall it. This never changed fo WM devices. It has a reset button...

701 - what makes you think that your experience of the original Tytn gives you more knowledge of the Tytn II than those of us actually using the Tytn II??

Hey, like it or not that's my opinion, exactly as I wrote it above. I buy my phones based on previous experience. And knowing that WM06 is NOT a brand new OS, I still have my doubts about it. Would you like me to stop posting my opinions here, now? And one more thing: if you would read the whole thread you'll see I tested a Tytn2 just days ago. I just thought I don't have to mention it everytime to make a point.
" They say i'm sick; they`re right, it's called 'Terminal Boredom!' "
Follow me on twitter.com/bograma
Read my Symbian UIQ 3.0 reviews at Juvo's
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2007-12-18 10:40

On 2007-12-18 09:01:26, 701 wrote:
Hey, like it or not that's my opinion, exactly as I wrote it above. I buy my phones based on previous experience. And knowing that WM06 is NOT a brand new OS, I still have my doubts about it.

You're entitled to your opinion sure, but if it seems worthless in the context of a thread full of people who actually know the facts of the phone and OS in question, someone's probably going to point that out - and this case that's me.

When you've got umpteen Tytn II owners posting that the Tytn II is stable, posting that it can't be because you didn't like your Tytn I is just a bit, well, silly. And unhelpful.

Would you like me to stop posting my opinions here, now?

Well I wouldn't miss them personally, if that's what you're asking. I don't really care either way. Post something worthwhile and maybe my opinion will change.

And one more thing: if you would read the whole thread you'll see I tested a Tytn2 just days ago. I just thought I don't have to mention it everytime to make a point.

Oh, right, you "tested" a Tytn II eh? What did you do, crash test it? Expose it to a naked flame? What were the results of your "test"? I'd have thought they'd be more pertinent to this thread than your opinion of various older WM5 models. But bear in mind that many of us have been "testing" the Tytn II for a longer...
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-18 11:13
@isadouglas

No problem and despite what 701 has wrongly claimed i didn't mean to offend anyone will certainly not you anyway.

@701

Just who do you think you are to tell anyone what i meant or not and you aren't exactly the most polite and rational poster either going around telling anyone that doesn't think SE and UIQ is the best they are always wrong. You are the one claiming WM6 is terrible and has problems when you very obviously don't have a clue what you are talking about. But just because you believe it is WM it hasn't changed and never will of course you must be right? don't let a little thing like the fact's get in the way. So actually rather than my comment being intended for isadouglas it was meant for people just like you! so do us a favour and practice what you preach before accusing others of doing wrong oh and grow up!!

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-12-18 10:19 ]
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-12-18 12:40

On 2007-12-18 10:40:04, Boinng wrote:

On 2007-12-18 09:01:26, 701 wrote:
Hey, like it or not that's my opinion, exactly as I wrote it above. I buy my phones based on previous experience. And knowing that WM06 is NOT a brand new OS, I still have my doubts about it.

You're entitled to your opinion sure, but if it seems worthless in the context of a thread full of people who actually know the facts of the phone and OS in question, someone's probably going to point that out - and this case that's me.

When you've got umpteen Tytn II owners posting that the Tytn II is stable, posting that it can't be because you didn't like your Tytn I is just a bit, well, silly. And unhelpful.

Would you like me to stop posting my opinions here, now?

Well I wouldn't miss them personally, if that's what you're asking. I don't really care either way. Post something worthwhile and maybe my opinion will change.

And one more thing: if you would read the whole thread you'll see I tested a Tytn2 just days ago. I just thought I don't have to mention it everytime to make a point.

Oh, right, you "tested" a Tytn II eh? What did you do, crash test it? Expose it to a naked flame? What were the results of your "test"? I'd have thought they'd be more pertinent to this thread than your opinion of various older WM5 models. But bear in mind that many of us have been "testing" the Tytn II for a longer...

First of all, your opinion on things doesn't interest me as you can't reason arguably. The last paragraph shows me very clearly the "pertinent" experience you have with Tytn 2 or any other phone. A test is a test: you make a few calls, send and receive an email, install a program or two on the stick, listen to some music, use the GPS for a ride, you know, various test you can do IF you have the model. I can post 'em here for people like you - this way i'd show you, too, how you can do a test. You might own one but when you tell me it's the best WM to date, let me doubt it when it comes from you. Too bad.
As for Dogmann, he show remind me his last nickname before this one so I can quote him on various threads on Esato. You show call yourself "Nokiaman", not Dogmann. You, too, were too biased on so many posts in the past ; so I can't take your experience to serious, either.
" They say i'm sick; they`re right, it's called 'Terminal Boredom!' "
Follow me on twitter.com/bograma
Read my Symbian UIQ 3.0 reviews at Juvo's
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2007-12-18 12:48
ok, clearly no love lost here.

now lets move on with the topic at hand otherwise this, like many before, will be closed.
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2007-12-18 12:57

On 2007-12-18 12:40:23, 701 wrote:
First of all, your opinion on things doesn't interest me as you can't reason arguably.

I can't reason arguably? What does that even mean? Should I be concerned about the opinion of someone who can't put a sentence together? Perhaps not.

The last paragraph shows me very clearly the "pertinent" experience you have with Tytn 2 or any other phone.

How does it do that exactly? Can you describe what you think my pertinent experience of the "Tytn 2 or any other phone" amounts to? If it's anything less than daily use of the phone as my sole mobile, office calendar and PIM, email machine, text, camera, occasional GPS, regular browser, etc, then you're way off the mark.

A test is a test: you make a few calls, send and receive an email, install a program or two on the stick, listen to some music, use the GPS for a ride, you know, various test you can do IF you have the model.

So you did all that with your friend's phone? Installed software on "the stick"? Accessed your own email? Interesing. If it was my Tytn II I wouldn't have let you or anyone else do those "tests". Play with it, sure, but my installed programmes and my email are my business.

I can post 'em here for people like you - this way i'd show you, too, how you can do a test.

Why would I want to know how you think I should do a test, when I use virtually every feature of my phone on a daily basis, and have done for the last two months? How is your test better than that?

You might own one but when you tell me it's the best WM to date, let me doubt it when it comes from you. Too bad.

I have to doubt your reasoning if you're suggesting that WM6 isn't the best to date. You think your previous WM5 devices (which you say were awful) were better than WM6? Better than the Tytn II? How is that? Do you genuinely doubt me when I say the Tytn II is better? I doubt that.

You, too, were too biased on so many posts in the past ; so I can't take your experience to serious, either.

Biased in all my posts defending SE and UIQ, when I was an M600i user? And before that the P910, P800, etc. I like to think I was giving a fair analysis then too, and I certainly wasn't uncritical of SE, but perhaps in retrospect I didn't give the competition enough credit. The Tytn II's opened my eyes on that score.

EDIT: @masseur - sorry, didn't see your post until I'd posted - the above is my final word...

[ This Message was edited by: Boinng on 2007-12-18 11:59 ]
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-18 13:47
@701

Oh please 701 get a life i have never been been Nokiaman ever my previous name here was a long time ago and was most probably my real name no pseudo nom needed. This was way back when i still only used Ericsson or SE devices so please either back up your crazy claims or stop spouting such garbage.

I only started using Nokia's as my main devices in June 2006 and that was only due to how bad the M600 was and after two firmware upgrades i wasn't prepared to wait for it to improve. You are full of quotes of what you think i have said or the lies that are told about me come back with some evidence rather than just propagating misinformation and this is now so way of thread try and keep in focus on what this thread is discussing not your delusional fantasies and talk about being rude that really is no way to speak to Boining who has plenty of experience with both UIQ3 and WM and appears to be much better informed and knowledgeable than you.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-12-18 12:50 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic