Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > SE w960 i or HTC tytn ll ?

Author SE w960 i or HTC tytn ll ?
Foxhunter
P900
PM
Posted: 2007-12-15 10:57
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Now this is a little OT but if I want a device that has got it all -also GPS and is of the best built quality the Tytn 2 seems to be the best there is - but how about the Tytn 2 and the coming P5i (or what the name will be) ?

My point is: Are there things that's just better on a windows mobile instead of a Symbian?

At my work we use smartboards and one of my co-workers has a touch and he can control the smartboard from his mobilephone - is such a thing - and more a possibility on a Symbian phone as the P5i?

jakontil
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2007-12-15 11:09

On 2007-12-15 10:57:50, Foxhunter wrote:
Now this is a little OT but if I want a device that has got it all -also GPS and is of the best built quality the Tytn 2 seems to be the best there is - but how about the Tytn 2 and the coming P5i (or what the name will be) ?

My point is: Are there things that's just better on a windows mobile instead of a Symbian?

At my work we use smartboards and one of my co-workers has a touch and he can control the smartboard from his mobilephone - is such a thing - and more a possibility on a Symbian phone as the P5i?

TYTN II is all around device, its gps performs what it says. quite good IMO, however, its performance for video playback is a drawback as well
Foxhunter
P900
PM
Posted: 2007-12-16 10:55
My point was that the Tytn 2 now will proberly match the specs of the upcoming P5i... ? Or what do you think...?
Mizzle
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-12-16 11:02

On 2007-12-16 10:55:17, Foxhunter wrote:
My point was that the Tytn 2 now will proberly match the specs of the upcoming P5i... ? Or what do you think...?

or not
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2007-12-16 11:21
Are you realy planning to wait for the "P5" i mean going by how long it has taken for the W960 to come im sure the "P5" will only be available around 5months after its announcement.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
isadouglas
P800
PM
Posted: 2007-12-16 16:33
Hey guys , can you please help me with this:

I just got my htc tytn ll but it is the "singapore/Vietnam version"

It does not have TOM TOM but another asian program plus I dont know if i would be limiting full usage of the phone,
Should I returned or is really no difference with the European version?

I live in the USA, my husband says I should return it.

masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2007-12-16 16:39
you will be able to use the phone to its full potential as its the same model all over the world

Also, remember that the tomtom you get is limited to 1 city of your choice. If you want more you more-or-less have to buy the whole tomtom package as paying for extra cities would prove to be more expensive

so, my suggestion is to be happy with what you have and just buy tomtom for USA if that was what your planned usage
isadouglas
P800
PM
Posted: 2007-12-16 16:43
Thank you masseur! you are the best!!!
technical-expert
W595 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-16 17:59
@isadouglas

Congratulation on ur new phone, I hope u have nice and enjoyable time with ur Tynt 11, And i wish ur new phone full fills all ur needs.And u get best out it. And if u have any problems and queries with ur phone or windows mobile software any other questions regarding Tynt 11,u can easily sort it out with the help of esato.U have purchased really good device and made a good decision and shouldnt be confused of wht so ever.And also i would like to hear ur satisfaction level on ur new device after few days probably.I hope u will be thrilled.
K700- W800- [W810]- W200-[ P990]=[Current].

One expert at esato that never lets u down
technical-expert.
isadouglas
P800
PM
Posted: 2007-12-17 03:00
Thank you to all of you!!

Even I don't post a lot I've been reading this Esato forum for years and got better education from all of your "arguments" than in any other website.

I did order the tom tom usa bundle an got a 4 g micro card and spent lots of hours transfering pictures and music. Didn't got time to cook dinner...oh well...but that is in another forum!

P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-12-17 09:28

If you want a solid phone, fast, efficient, stable, ergonomically pleasing, with tons of software that works, and that you can safely use for the next two to three years, I'd say the TyTn II is undeniably the way to go.

I'd say quite the opposite: if you want a STABLE device, get a P1i. I used to use Jamin, Tytn 1 and P3600 and they have one thing in common: install more than 5 apps on it and it'll become very unstable. Always had to soft reset, the programs became corrupted some times and I had to reinstall it. This never changed fo WM devices. It has a reset button...
" They say i'm sick; they`re right, it's called 'Terminal Boredom!' "
Follow me on twitter.com/bograma
Read my Symbian UIQ 3.0 reviews at Juvo's
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2007-12-17 11:29

On 2007-12-17 09:28:45, 701 wrote:
I'd say quite the opposite: if you want a STABLE device, get a P1i. I used to use Jamin, Tytn 1 and P3600 and they have one thing in common: install more than 5 apps on it and it'll become very unstable. Always had to soft reset, the programs became corrupted some times and I had to reinstall it. This never changed fo WM devices. It has a reset button...

701 - what makes you think that your experience of the original Tytn gives you more knowledge of the Tytn II than those of us actually using the Tytn II??

I've said it many times before, as have others of us who actually use the device, but once again - the Tytn II is extremely stable. More stable than any of the UIQ3 devices in my experience, and a match for my old P910. I run many more than 5 extra apps (there's a wealth of freeware out there for it) and the Tytn II is rock solid. It's absolute, incontrivertible proof that Windows Mobile 6 is a good and stable OS, whatever other criticism you want to level at it.

The reset button is for applying system changes. In two months I have never had to use it for anything else. This phone has never crashed on me. You keep on about your Jamin, P3650 and all the rest if you like, but in the here and now, in real life use, the Tytn II is flawlessly reliable - sorry.
jakontil
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2007-12-17 12:09
hi

i have used P1 and yes it's quite stable, but saying TYTN II isn't stable is not right, i have installed obviously more than 5 applications and running in background. it's quite stable
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2007-12-17 12:14
I almost never need to soft reset my TyTN II (or original TyTN for that matter)

Windows mobile is a very stable platform these days
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-17 13:39
Hi all,

Whilst i don't actually have a TytN 11 i can and do appreciate all that it has especially the obvious improvements that WM6 has brought, but unfortunately for some on this Forum if it's not from SE or a UIQ smart phone of course it's buggy slow and crashes. They aren't going to let a little thing like facts get in the way of their bias either. So sad that apparently intelligent people can turn into gibbering idiots and all because they are biased towards SE.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-12-17 12:40 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic