Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Questions to SE's President - Answers!

Author Questions to SE's President - Answers!
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2007-12-03 12:50
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Cheers Mizzle.

'Dicky' must be settling into his new role and of course he will be out and about meeting his new workforce.

Keep us updated my mate.
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-03 14:03
@Mizzle

Many thanks for the update and i for one am looking forward to seeing what he has to say.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-12-03 13:03 ]
pinolo77
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-03 14:27
I would have asked him the following question:

- since mobile phones are more and more dependend on the ecosystem they live in (software and interaction with other electronics (as a communication hub or functonality extender): what are your plans "around" the mobile phones?

In particular:
- are there any plans to create a SonyEricsson branded content marketplace (such as a music store or video store)?

- does SonyEricsson have a plan of integration with Sony Corporation (again, with regards of content)?

You see, SonyEricsson makes great phones, but it seems behind in terms of integration in an ecosystem which allows these devices to achieve their whole potential.

In particular in areas like:
- Social networking to increase the use of picture, video and blog capabilities (do you plan to affiliate or develop a social networking site centered around your phones?)
- music (Sony has an impressive and growing collection of artists, why does SonyEricsson not have some sort of exclusive dealership with regards to some)?
- video (again Sony, through Columbia TriStar and others, owns an impressive collection of videos, are there integration plans with regards to SonyEricsson?)
- games (do you view any potential in Sony's Playstation brand? Do you think some sort of integration with the aforementioned gaming platform is being required by customers? Do you think it might help in creating a strong differentiation and brand awareness?)

SonyEricsson has a well established record of innovation, simplicity and design. But recent trends have shown that consumers want to enjoy content on the go. Others seem to lead in this strategy currently.
Shouldn't SonyEricsson, through Sony, be in a position to lead such a shift?

These are questions that I think would be of interest. One past the 8 Mpx barrier and the 20Gb of memory the difference will be made by the ecosystem...

One last question:
Does SonyEricsson have plans to create software (Windows, Mac or both)? What have you, as SonyEricsson, learned from the "Sony Connect" experience?

-------------

Bottom line is: SonyEricsson, Columbia, Sony Music, Playstation, Bravia, Cyber Shot, Handycam, Vaio are all fabulous brands, top notch electronic products. But they all work in perfectly insulated compartments. One hub is the computer, the other is the mobile phone. SonyEricsson should concentrate more on that, in my opinion, because that is where the future is going to be shaped. And that is where the money is: not just one shop, but a contiuous, revenue rich and interesting experience for both Sony as well as the customers (benefit of premium, exclusive content on the go on an exciting mobile phone).

Ok...

That is my point of view. Sorry for not having posted earlier, but I was in the army for 4 weeks, so I had no chance to read any of the posts...

T18s>T68(i)>T610>K700>K750i>K800i>?
Mizzle
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-12-03 15:01
@pinolo77 - please read the posts. The questions have already been chosen and sent off to
pinolo77
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-03 16:05
@Mizzle

I did read the post and have seen that questions have been sent. I felt, however, I post what "would have been my questions if I wasn't away", just for fun, as a contribution to the general discussion. Also because the ones I asked weren't mentioned in the "shortlist".

tai020381
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-03 16:27
Lolz I guess it has been a bit too tough on the new president for handling so many requests. This post before mine was actually a good idea for the company to grow!!~~
pinolo77
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-04 11:08
I would like to add something.

Sony Playstation 3 will allow movie purchase and rental. So the question about integration with SonyEricsson is even more important. phones have screens that are bright, clear and a lot of storage. Why not take a movie with you (for instance if you have to travel or commute)?

makbil
P990
PM
Posted: 2008-01-04 01:55
Wow, the questions must have been really hard. Are you guys still confident that there will actually be a reply?
P990i: A mistake, a curse and a disgrace So I lowered my expectations and settled for a P1i. I couldn't keep my expectations so low for a long time so now I have an HTC Touch HD
Mizzle
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-01-04 01:58
Don't worry, I'll get them answered. As I said, it was uncertain whether he would be able to make it before the holidays.
bart
Ericsson T68
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-01-04 01:59
The time for questions is way to late.
The time for demands is here.

My demand is clear, split SE, bring back Ericsson phones with all thier design, quality, innovation and UI. Every day it takes, SE will make less profit, untill they start making loss.
With Ericsson and Nokia gone: we must keep their spirits alive and buy JOLLA or YOTA
Mizzle
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-01-05 16:26
I'll ask for an update after CES, when my contact is back.
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-01-05 16:36
@bart amen!

ps that guy looks on the pic like it must be a pain to be se ceo. at least that flint guy was usually laughing...
Aquila non capit muscas - /// 4ever!

/// Ericsson Forum
ocean21
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-01-05 17:00
yea..I'm thinking the same..haha..lol
Seanyb2
W995 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-01-05 23:43
My question is why cant SonyEricsson create a phone that WORKS.

This message was posted from a 6300
Mizzle
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-01-05 23:45

On 2008-01-05 23:43:46, Seanyb2 wrote:
My question is why cant SonyEricsson create a phone that WORKS.

This message was posted from a 6300

too late, point your critics at some other
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic