Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Themes, ringtones, screensavers, games, video clips > w580i ring tones won't play

Author w580i ring tones won't play
BoMbS
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-12 07:44
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I have the SE DRM packager thingamabob, and I used it to convert a short 20 sec mp3 into a .dm file but my phone still won't play it as a ringtone.

I have a Rogers branded phone and it is still completely stock (just bought it today). I may have to return this phone if I can't make my own ring tunes so please help.

When I browse into the phone, the files for ring tones are in .dcf format, and not .dm. Except for the one I converted and added...

Don't know what to do next... Thanks for the help

tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2007-11-12 10:15
here's the Complete guide for having mp3 ringtones on branded phones

hope this helps
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
BoMbS
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-12 18:29
I already followed all of the steps listed in that post... Read it twice in fact...

Has anyone out there successfully used this method on a w580? It seems that these posts don't list my phone. I have the .dm files on my phone right now in multiple different folders on both the memory card and the phone memory and they won't play as ringtones. When I go to the file in the file manager it shows the little key icon with a cross thru it, and I don't have the option of setting it as a ring... Any suggestions?
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2007-11-12 18:35
well, you could try to debrand the phone yourself.
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
BoMbS
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-12 18:49
what exactly will that do? does it make the phone recognize regular mp3's or would I still have to convert them to sonys ridiculous format?
SanStorm
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-28 04:27
How to use MP3 ringtone on Sony Walkman W580i AT&T

All program names are in quotes:
1. Download "Sony DRM Packager"
2. DOwnload "Audacity" MP3 shortener
3. Download "Lame MP3 encoder"
4. Download "MyPhoneExplorer"
5. Choose MP3 file
6. Open "Audacity", and highlight the desired part of the song.
7. Select file, export selection as MP3, to the desktop
8. Click properties on the file and make sure it is under 300 kb. If not, shorten it more.
9. Open "DRM packager", and make sure it is set to forward lock under configuration, and that the 2 output folders options are checked, and that the first one is set to desktop.
10. Add the shortened MP3 file
11. Click Create DRM COntent
12. Plug in phone under phone mode.
13. Open "MyPhoneExplorer"
14. Click files on the left side, it will display phone and card memory.
15. Simply drag the .dm file only onto the white area, and the computer will automatically transfer the file.
16. Pick up the phone, and it will say you have transfered a music file, and it will ask you to use now, hit yes.
17. Select use as ringtone.
FatMoon
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-12-07 17:47
I use makeownringtone.com for the same purpose. It's free. And it's a bit less complicated than using Audacity.

[ This Message was edited by: FatMoon on 2007-12-07 16:47 ]
Sony_4_Life
W580 Grey
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-12-09 17:57

On 2007-12-07 17:47:13, FatMoon wrote:
I use makeownringtone.com for the same purpose. It's free. And it's a bit less complicated than using Audacity.

[ This Message was edited by: FatMoon on 2007-12-07 16:47 ]

why cant i download my ringtone after im done. It's only playing it and thats all???????????

PLZ help!!
www.lala.co.il (Israel)
SoNyErIcS$on
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-12-31 07:55
if u wannna use an mp3 as a ringtone on a sony ericsson W580i you can do what i did. i looked for a lot of ways to get my mp3's as ringtones this one i found easiest.

first download Audio mp3 Editor from download.com link http://www.download.com/Audio[....]2170_4-10763390.html?tag=lst-5
then-
open program-open a song- choose an mp3
now you need to edit the song using the program select the part of the song you want to use as a ringtone(should be relativly smaller part i guess up to 40-45 sec) and cut it click on the new and Edit-paste
after that just go to File-save as and save **make sure to save as a Wave file format (.wav)**
after that connect you w580i and choose phone mode
and paste the ringtone file on either the phone card or memory card in Music-Ringtone
then dissconnect your phone, go to that file from file managment and choose use-ring tone

i have a new Sony Ericsson @580i and i do so for all my ringtone, this way you chose your own ringtone plus you dont need to pay
listerines
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-02-12 03:48

If you already have some edited mp3 files available to you, perhaps from your buddies - you can bypass downloading editing software and just use a program like creative media source organizer. This program can convert your mp3 files to wave (wav.) format (you can also play around with bit rate- Hz and channels to create smaller files : which don't sound bad on the 580i mono speaker) - then just follow the same instructions below.

after that connect your w580i and choose phone mode
and copy then paste the ringtone wave file from the appropriate source to either the phone card or memory card in Music-Ringtones
then disconnect your phone, go to that file from file management and choose use-ring tone

**** Remember that the file size of the converted mp3 to wav. file needs to be under 600kb to be used by the 580i***
goldman277
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-05-04 23:58
Guys if you are still having problems then watch this step by step video, it helped me a lot!. Here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItlywJ5rbpk

Subscribe, comment and rate his videos so he can make more tutorials
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi