Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > P1i has stopped connecting via usb in phone mode (other connections working)

Previous  12
Author P1i has stopped connecting via usb in phone mode (other connections working)
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 16:26
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Yea I tried all that LAU but still nothing. Am just running SEUS atm to reflash the phone. See if that helps.
Failing that I'm thinking its a problem with my Vaio so gonna do another hard drive recovery using the vaio recovery program.

Cheers for the help everyone. I'll get back when I've finished doing the SEUS update.
I tried sniffing coke once but didnt like it. The bubbles kept going up my nose
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 17:40
SEUS worked and reflashed my P1 (All pictures, sounds have returned) so the usb is certainly being recognised.
Looks like its got to be something to do with the pc suite itself as my Vaio is certainly recognising the phone is plugged in through the ubs ports.
_LAU_
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 18:42
Have you disabled the anti-virus, the firewall ... changed USB port?
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 19:50
yea i've done all of that. even removed anti virus completly.Tried in all 3 usb ports.Still the same.

This message was posted from a P1i
Deano1889
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 19:51

I am having similar problems with PC Suite.
It ocasionally recognises my phone in 'phone mode' but when i try to sync it always come back with the error message.

I have done a full system restore of my pc, master re-set of P1i, updated firmware on p1i, triend using a differnet USB port etc... and still no joy.

it's really frustrating!

Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 20:18
Hi Rookwise,

I highly doubt it is your computer and i have held of saying this hoping one of these things worked but this was actually what forced to change from my ultra stable P910 as once it stopped syncing it was more or less useless to me. I hope this is not he case for you good luck.

Marc

Honoured to have won BEST DEBATER

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-11-13 19:19 ]
sdsviet
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 22:56
here's what i did on accident that worked for me. when i tried to put it on phone mode nothing shows up but when its in transfer mode it shows up the orange or green. whatevers the bottom color. so here's how i somehow got it to work. i went into my startup and program and went to sues and open up the backup.exe program. when i did that sues automatically recognized my phone in phone mode and i was able to back it up. try that and see what happens.
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-14 01:17
thanks.i will give it a try.another thing i've found is that when my NIS 2007 subscription ran out.it disabled some services on my vaio.one of them was the windows security center.i'm now wondering if Norton has something to do with it.

Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-14 16:21
after a night of now sleep and just over 200 updates for xp. i've installed the pc siute for smartphones direct from the p1 disc prior to instaling anythng else (bluetooth etc) and also turned windows firewall off. plugged the cable into the p1 and it was recognised in file transfer and also phone mode via the usb. not installed bluetooth yet though but so far so good. at least i've managed to do a backup and also sync everything.

_LAU_
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-11-14 17:05
Hurray!!
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-14 19:15
thanks for the help everyone. in the end. it looks like wondows firewall was stopping the connection and also the bluetooth software had claimed the com port needed for the usb (com5) whuch was why the phone wasn't connecting.

Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-14 19:22
Hi Rookwise,

Good news glad to hear you managed to get it sorted.

Marc

Honoured to have won BEST DEBATER

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-11-14 18:22 ]
lakeside01
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-14 21:43
hey rookwise..i had the same problem with my p1i also, but i kinda found out what was wrong..if you have any modifications to the system files for the fone on your memory card: e.g like different fonts, diffrent icons, and all that sort it kinda causes that to happen..so i'll advice the next time this happens, just take out your m2 card, restart the fone and connect it to your computer...It works for me..
_LAU_
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-11-18 21:50
This is funny:

The other day I was giving tips here on this topic to help Rookwise, and a few days later it happened to me!!!

I have no ideia what I did, it it sure stopped working.
Anyway, it's fixed now, but after 1 setup repair of PC Suite, an uninstall and reinstall without fixeing it, I decided NOT to take eht SE advice - that is - to disconnect the phone from the PC before installed.

What I did was to uninstall, reboot, delete all leftover files, run CCleaner and reboot.
Then I connected te phone to the PC and windows detected a lot of hardware, but since nothing was installed all drivers failed.

Anyway, in Devices I could see that the phone seems to be correctly detected (but no drivers)

Then I resintalled PC Suite with the phone ON at all times, and Windows assigned the drivers to all those unknown devices previouly detected.

Then I went to Devices and clicked the previously unknown devices and told Windows to search for a better driver on all of them.

I know these steps are overkill, but anyway, I managed to make it work again and that's what matters.

End.

Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-19 00:49
Its not just us that are experiencing this problem. Theres a few others in the Technical section mentioning it.

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=159167

I've still not updated the pc suite to the latest version as its was that one that stopped detecting my P1i. The old version is working fine atm.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi