Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > P800 vs Neonode

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Author P800 vs Neonode
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-12-17 11:47
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Haha there's no war on gsm religion or ph brand.we r having a disscution(hey!a forum:p).i don't care about brand either,i use 6210 and err320.but u gotta admit brand defines the quality and features.

This post was posted from a Nokia

Raven
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-12-17 11:53
@701, i don't see how neonode's virtual keypad possibly could be bigger than the 7650 keypad. The screen size of the 7650 and the neonode is exactly the same, isn't it?

This post was posted from a Nokia 7650

Tiran Kenja
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-12-17 11:54
No wars? It seems you (701) and faca post to blindly say (or confirm each other) that the phone a lot of us wants is useless. Or too big or whatever. If that's not wars I don't know what is. Facts are that the P800 offers a bunch of features NO other phone offers today (well or tomorrow or later this week... or perhaps next week - whenever I get mine).

Neonode isn't a competitor. It don't offer the full range of PDA features. Same with all the M$ Smartphones (no direct input only keypads and small screens). Neither is the Nokia phones (again keypads and small screens). Only direct competition is PocketPCs with GSM. And they are bigger and phone features are and after thourght.

Sure brand defines quality. For instance Nokia have about 80% failure rate within a year on their phones across the board (last I heard anyway). They even know it themselves but don't care as most people don't have their phone that long.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiran Kenja on 2002-12-17 10:55 ]
Raven
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-12-17 12:00
Lol, 80%....

This post was posted from a Nokia 7650

brick
M600 white
PM
Posted: 2002-12-17 12:32
Quote:

On 2002-12-17 11:18, faca wrote:
...but I carry my phone all the time and it is more important to me that it is small and light, not that I can surf Web pages on it and see more of them on the screen.

Then why oh why are you talking about, dissing about and generally pissing people about the P800 when all you really ever wanted was an 8310??? Why don't you go to some Palm or PPC forum and laugh at THEIR gadgets for BEING TOO BIG??? Nobody ever shoved a P800 up your a55 and forced you to use or even look at it!

I for one have more life and am not lurking around some Nokia forum dissing Nokia phones for being too colourful everywhere else except where it matters or for having totally useless radios and stupid keyboards. You must have a lot of things going on in your life and having nowhere to vent your anger to keep coming into this forum when all you have to say is how ugly the P800 is. Imagine how stupid a child will look if all he ever did was to go up to Bozo the clown and keep saying: You're ugly you're ugly you're ugly you're ugly you're ugly...
faca
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-12-17 12:45
I can't believe how some of you people (especially Devilishcry) can react so emotionally about a small piece of hardware. What are you, in love with it? And then you tell me that I am the one who doesn't have a life?

Relax, people, it's just a phone (ok, ok, it's a PDA too )... If you like it, then buy it, you don't really have to listen to me, now do you? You are old enough to make your own decisions, aren't you? Or, maybe, you just can't stand it when someone is saying bad things about your precious?

[ This Message was edited by: faca on 2002-12-17 11:50 ]
gadgetboytom
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-12-17 12:48
Shit i agree with you

Tiran Kenja
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-12-17 12:53
Acturlly the point is that the phone is just something you use. So there is really no reason for you (faca) to keep dissing it. If you don't like it you don't buy it. Period.

I'm already getting it no matter what. I don't really care what you say about it (unless you have an argument relating to my reasons for getting it). But obviously you must have some feelings about it since you keep feeling the need to 'explain' to everyone that it's not a good phone.
Knut.G.
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-12-17 13:02
Quote:
I can't believe how some of you people (especially Devilishcry) can react so emotionally about a small piece of hardware. What are you, in love with it? And then you tell me that I am the one who doesn't have a life?

Relax, people, it's just a phone (ok, ok, it's a PDA too )... If you like it, then buy it, you don't really have to listen to me, now do you? You are old enough to make your own decisions, aren't you? Or, maybe, you just can't stand it when someone is saying bad things about your precious?

Actually faca, I think most people(including myself) are tired of your half assed comments all the friggin time. In my discussions with you, you have yet to produce a solid argument for your cause, sticking to things like "HAHAHAaaa, it doesnt have profiles, the P800 is such a shitty phone!!!! hahahahaa" The scary thing is, this is about as advanced as your arguments get. That is, when you are not pretending to be a long time Symbian developer with years of experience.

If you hate the P800 so much, DONT BUY IT. Stop pestering the people who like the phone, and wants to discuss it. If you desperatly want the phone to fail, and that is why you always post your comments, then my advice is, get a life. The only one being overly passionate about a phone here is you faca, and you dont even want it.

-Knut
Hoggi
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-12-17 13:31
totally agree with you Knut G!

I cant see how faca can be in loved with Neonade and hate p800. They are very good phones! both! although i haven,t seen a real review on the neonade! so how do we know it's good! It kan be painfylly slow like the t68m was, for all we know!
Remember! 96hz prosessor on neonade. 200hz on p800.
brick
M600 white
PM
Posted: 2002-12-17 15:17
Faca: oh please, who cares if you talk bad about our precious phone or even what you think. It's just that people get irritated by the incessant pestering, and no matter how mediocre the pest is, you just get mad. It's just like you would swat a fly that keeps hovering over your food.

This post was posted from a T68i

kapitan jackal
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-12-17 23:14
@* HIT THE ROAD JACK!

spikee_3D
P910
PM
Posted: 2002-12-17 23:50
when all said and done.. who gives a shit what phone any one else buys, as long as you buy the one that you want !!!??

(personally it looks like the neonode for me, if it exists !!, but the p800 has its charm)

- later
brick
M600 white
PM
Posted: 2002-12-18 03:16
Hey faca why don't you change your nick to 'housefly' so that we all can gather and 'swat the fly' when you come buzzing around again?
brick
M600 white
PM
Posted: 2002-12-18 03:33
Infosync has a write up on the Neonode. Infosync has rarely ever reported vapourware, so Neonode looks set to become reality.

Good for them I say, but let's stop the P800 vs Neonode bitching, because they clearly target different markets. These two gadgets place emphasis on different things. P800 is an all-encompassing gadget for the power-hungry. Neonode a fun and smaller P800 redux with compromised PIM abilities in a smaller more pocketable size. Get the phone you like and let live.

[ This Message was edited by: brick on 2002-12-18 02:41 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic