Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > New P1i Firmware - R9J005 - R6F41

Previous  123 ... 161718 ... 323334  Next
Author New P1i Firmware - R9J005 - R6F41
shinsing
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-04 17:16
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Updated P1i Firmware from 162024/87(Singapore Latin)/R9H004/R6E30
to 162022/1(World Generic 1)/R9J005/R6F41, using XS++ then SE Updated Service.
However, Chinese fonts could not be used after that. I have tried to find whether someone posted solution somewhere but could not find any. So, I restored back Singapore version again using XS++ then SE Updated Service. (restoring by XS++ only did not restore 162024/87, showed both of two versions.)
Let's wait for updating for 162024/87 or WG1 with other fonts availability.

[ This Message was edited by: shinsing on 2007-11-04 17:09 ]
cell1st
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-04 20:32

On 2007-10-26 21:51:31, drlau9 wrote:
Hi all,

Shame the camera still has the green tint, I wonder why Sony hasn't fixed this problem :S . Personally I think the camera is a software issue as the hardware is built to exceed the standard in cmos sensor making.

What makes people assume SE is aware of the green tint problem?

And what makes people assume it is software related?

Whatever way, the camera is just about useless unless fixed (which I doubt will ever happen).
pnf1973
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-11-04 20:40

On 2007-11-04 20:32:20, cell1st wrote:

On 2007-10-26 21:51:31, drlau9 wrote:
Hi all,

Shame the camera still has the green tint, I wonder why Sony hasn't fixed this problem :S . Personally I think the camera is a software issue as the hardware is built to exceed the standard in cmos sensor making.

Whatever way, the camera is just about useless unless fixed (which I doubt will ever happen).

Good grief, thats a bit strong isn't it? Useless? I have managed to take lots of good pictures with my P1, which to my untrained eye, look utterly fine - I used my p1 to take pictures on a recent family holiday, which I then printed out our favorites and was pleasantly surprised with the results. I have only seen a green tint when i took test shots of a blank white wall. Something that i'm not going to do in normal use.

I am no expert at digital pictures, I don't even own a proper digital camera, but I *honestly* fail to see what is so bad about the camera on the P1 .
drlau9
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-04 20:46
If you're after the phone for it's camera, sell your p1i get a k850, heck even a battery hungry n95 would be better for you!!! Even a better idea, get a digital camera.

Camera phones will suffer from quality. The green tint is a fault agreed, but my word.. it's not useless..

Dr.
"The dr. shall never die"
YnG
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-11-04 21:28

On 2007-11-02 08:02:50, mobilemodman wrote:
@ wongster

Its quite simple mate, just follow these steps:

>dwnload XS++ 2.2

>tick smartphone connect and press connect, then do the usual to connect your fone (remove batt, sim, mem card, reinsert battery, hold 'C' and connect)

>once connected go to the GDFS menu on the bottom, and press backup GDFS, once completed dissconnect, remove and reinsert battery, and restart XS++

>connect again and once connected it should show a drop down menu with CDA versions, select P1 WG-1 and press run script, the process should only take a couple of mintues

>lastly, connect into SEUS, it should say that you have a new update available for your fone, start the update, once finished unplug fone and enjoy!

Hey so I followed these instructions. I backed up the gdfs, then closed xs++, reopened it and selected wg1. However, it says gdfs scrip error, couldnt open outputfile, then it says smartphone udpdated and that the gdfs operation was a success. Is this error serious?
YnG
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-11-04 21:35
Oh and I just reconnected to XS++ and it says i am still with the same cda (87 not wg 1). Should i just try to run the script again?

Nevermind, i was just being an idiot. I got it to work...thanks for the instructions!!!

[ This Message was edited by: YnG on 2007-11-04 20:56 ]
Marc_SE
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-04 21:56
When are we gonna get a working BB client...?

Until then, my g/f will still be carrying two handsets! lol
Nipsen
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-04 22:40

On 2007-11-04 20:32:20, cell1st wrote:

..Because someone asked (after, well, tearing themselves away from complaining out loud to noone in particular on esato..)? *cough*

Something is done in the post- processing that clearly isn't hardware- related. So the assumption was that part of, or most of, the problem was software. And possibly that it also had something to do with faulty hardware, or that a fault with the hardware made the software problem worse.

Anyway. I'm not sure, but on my phone now, the tint is basically gone. What I have instead, I think, is more noise in the darker bits of the picture, compared to the lighter parts, at least when there's not much light. So it's not awesome, but it's pretty good now, imo. The smudge on the colours and zoom- points turning up all over seems much better as well..

But.. has anyone seen something like this before? Noise- particles (green) suddenly turning up in parts of the picture on a camera? Seems strange. Random noise, I've seen that, but..
jabbadabba
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-05 02:47

On 2007-11-04 22:40:24, Nipsen wrote:
But.. has anyone seen something like this before? Noise- particles (green) suddenly turning up in parts of the picture on a camera? Seems strange. Random noise, I've seen that, but..

I'm guessing that would be hot pixels. They may show up when you push that sensor (dark environments).

Btw, I highly doubt the green tint is a software problem. Just doesn't make any sense.
Nipsen
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-05 13:25
Mm. So maybe the post- processing (that's been turned off a bit in the last firmware) just smears the green pixels around, and we get the green tint?
The p1 Whiki - report your bugs, and add feature requests here.

"Brothers and Sisters, believe! Believe in the salvation of Demand Paging, 'eah!"
jmbillings
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-05 13:44
I'd say it's a hardware issue as the green tint is there in the preview, and if you zoom in you lose the tint. As the zoom is digital, what the phone is doing is looking at a smaller central part of the image and "blowing it up", thus you lose the green edge.
My assumption is that there is some chip or similar located to that edge of the camera (or maybe it's the battery) that is introducing the green into the image. Similar to how on long exposures my DSLR starts to get pink creep into the corners as the imaging chip heats up.

That's not to say it can't be fixed in firmware - if the green is fairly consistent they may be able to do some imageprocessing to remove the green (although I don't see it going this way...) or the other option is its a timing issue in the camera chip that could be tweaked away by a driver update?
Download free SE mobile themes from my site!
Free Sony Ericsson Themes!
fredyip
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-05 13:46
Hi guys,

Thanks for the instructions so far.

I have managed to change to WG1 and have the latest firmware updates.

But I have a qn: Anyone face problem in connecting to WLAN?

I managed to connect WLAN (home router) to someone else's network, but I can't connect to my own. I am using WPA Personal, AES, with Wireless MAC Filter.

I have already set my P1i MAC address to my security, to allow it.
Yet I could not connect.

One thing I noticed is when I try to connect to my own SSID, P1i ask to enter WEP passkey. Which of course mine is not on WEP. I created a new account on the phone, with WPA Personal, AES, yet I still could not managed to connect to my own network. (Laptop is working fine on WLAN).

Does anyone know this issue? P1i can't connect thro WPA Personal?

Thanks!

UPDATE: I have changed my WLAN router security to WEP. And my p1i connects! But when I changed back to WPA Personal, it doesnt. I don't mean to be fussy, but I would like to use WPA Personal....

[ This Message was edited by: fredyip on 2007-11-05 12:57 ]
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2007-11-05 13:47
just a little reminder that we have a dedicated thread discussing the P1i Green Tint on Photos
Nipsen
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-05 15:07
(thanks, masseur)

Something I noticed when I changed cda - I got a new link I'd never seen before in the bookmarks called "Web Guide", which is the online manual. And after reading that, all kinds of things make perfect sense. *grumble*
The p1 Whiki - report your bugs, and add feature requests here.

"Brothers and Sisters, believe! Believe in the salvation of Demand Paging, 'eah!"
tecmobility
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-11-05 23:05
Are there any news on the BB client?
As a fact I reinstalled the last verison available on the SE site but I cannot provision my P1i using the BB enterprise via USB.
Has anyone had the same experience?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 161718 ... 323334  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic