Previous  12
Author k850 indoors
mib1800
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-10-27 05:24
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
plankgatan

I would really like to see your photos in its original size jpg format.
And why is all your resized photo in bmp format?

[ This Message was edited by: mib1800 on 2007-10-27 04:24 ]
darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2007-10-28 20:33
I can tell you that SE are aware of the current problem with the flash not in sync and they are working on a soloution.

I cant however tell you when the soloution will be though, sorry.

Thereis however a work a round for he time being.

Switch on the redeye flash, The photo seems to take on the 2nd flash so at least you get a flash in the photo (Ok not the correct one) but one is better than none.

[ This Message was edited by: darrengf on 2007-10-28 19:34 ]
Bhavv
Nokia Lumia 920
PM
Posted: 2007-10-28 20:47
Take your thumb or finger off the flash when holding the phone to take pictures?

o.O
tobysmerdon@
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-10-29 14:42
Just spoke to SE UK Customer Services. They say the only problem they know about is the covering the sensor when taking photo problem. I told them i wasn't doing that, and others had a similar problem. He aid that is news to him and knows nothing about a flash problem or software upgrade. He said to simply and unhelpfully take it back to where i got it. SO now i'm going to go back to orange shop to swap it for another one, which i'm guessing will do exactly the same thing.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2007-10-29 14:46

On 2007-10-29 14:42:05, tobysmerdon@ wrote:
Just spoke to SE UK Customer Services. They say the only problem they know about is the covering the sensor when taking photo problem. I told them i wasn't doing that, and others had a similar problem. He aid that is news to him and knows nothing about a flash problem or software upgrade. He said to simply and unhelpfully take it back to where i got it. SO now i'm going to go back to orange shop to swap it for another one, which i'm guessing will do exactly the same thing.

Let us know if you have the same problem will you?
tobysmerdon@
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-10-29 15:20
Will do. In fact im going into town now to swap the phone. Will report back here later.
tobysmerdon@
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-10-29 17:21
Right. Went into orange shop to report the problem. They tested a new phone and found exactly the same thing. Even they admitted this just was not right, and were just as suprised as i was when i first discovered it. There was no need to swap the phone as was doing the same thing. The worrying thing is they said they could do nothing to help me as there was no known fault, nothing from SE, they couldn't refund or even swap my phone for a different model, as the phone appeared to be working as normal, even though the pictures were not acceptable. All they said I could do id report it to SE. Again. Just phoned SE to report it, and they insited nothing was wrong it was how i was using it. Expoined other phones doing the same thing and it was NOT how i was using it. I tried to complain but told no managers there at the moment so they will call me back to take my complaint. I am really not happy about having to keep the phone in this state.
tobysmerdon@
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-10-30 14:15
Spoke to a supervisor at the SE helpdesk. He states this is the first they heard of it, and phone been out for 3 weeks. He said all I could do is send it away to a free post address to have someone look at it. I will do that tomorrow, but this is really starting to worry me. I do not want to be stuck with a phone that cannot take flash pictures, for 18 months. How come noone else has noticed this or reported it to SE???!!!???!! I know it is not just my handset. What has everybody else done?
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2007-10-30 14:19
its amazing how many times I call the SE customer support and the issue I mention is always "the first they have heard of it". I even call to try to get more details about some issues raised here where other members have said they have spoken to the SE customer support but still when I call they say "its the first we've heard of it"

so I would ignore that. also... I'd suggest that you dont send your phone away as you won't get it back for a while and very likely it will be a firmware update that will sort this issue and you can do that yourself
tobysmerdon@
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-10-30 14:31
Thanks for that, its comforting to know i'm not the only one!!! My only worry is if i don't send it back, and the firmware update takes a while to be released, and the problem still isn't resolved, then i will be stuck with this phone for the life of my contract.
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2007-10-30 14:34
well, as you've already reported, a second phone you tried had the same problem and its pretty much what this thread is about.

your other alternative I guess, if this is really a showstopper, is to take the phone back and cancel the contract until you know this problem is fixed
indup
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-10-30 14:41
"the first they have heard of it".

classic line,deny all responsibility for it.
darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2007-11-05 01:42
SE Are aware of the problem trust me, infact SE service centers are taking the most complaint regarding the k850i in phone calls and emails. So i suggest you add another email to them and add pressure onto them into fixing the phone.
famous12
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-03-11 16:33

On 2007-10-25 18:52:59, martuk wrote:
I was having issues with it, until today. I had left the plastic protection on the back till I found a case worth having, anyhow, I didnt think that would effect the amount of light the sensors gets and just to be sure I peeled it away in that corner to be sure and no different, totally dark pics. Today I thought bo**ox to it and took it off totally and hey presto top quality pics.

It worked perfect when i peeled it off ! !:d awesome thanks bro
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi