Esato

Forum > General discussions > Rumours > The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2008

Previous  123 ... 465466467 ... 115911601161  Next
Author The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2008
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-04-09 21:28
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
i would definitely have to speculate that according to the picture by Xellar, that the keys are all black with a glare in the curved rocker key.

There's also a possibility of the gray/black scheme, but i don't see that as a high possibility according to Xellar's pic. Thanks to Mizzle and Xellar for your pics though!

Despite what all has said today in this thread, Paris will be my next phone. Everyone compares it to the iphone or the N95/96. As others have said, we don't have an official spec sheet, so how can you really compare? All we know is that it's black, it's got a touch screen, rocker keypad and a dpad for sure. We aren't 100% positive on the screen size or resolution, although informed sources (with a reputation of being informed) have speculated 2.8" with VGA (which i hope is true). I will wait for the official spec sheet and make my judgments then. But honestly, the only way I would consider not purchasing Paris as my next phone is if the internal hardware is not new enough (i.e., it is not much different than p1 hardware as far as processor, memory, etc).

We all have the ideal phone, but there is no phone out there that has EVERYTHING. You can compare all you want, but if it were possible or feasible to have a phone that had the hardware specs that exceeded that of the N95/96 and was as thin and UI flashy as the iphone AND was cheap enough to make and sell to the mass market, don't you think someone would have done so? You have to take into consideration that just because it can be done, doesn't mean it should be done. These things cost money and the R&D and manufacturing that goes behind it probably isn't worth it since they'd have to sell the phone for an outrageous price tag, that most consumers would not even consider. That would be poor business strategy.

I read an article once that said the iphone's components cost a little under $100 all together, yet it sold initially for $600 with 2-year contract and is now available for $400 with 2yr contract. Personally, I think that is outrageous for a phone with it's measly specs. It's only real draw is its UI, large screen and size. So, it's components cost less than $100, the rest of the price tag, i'm sure is to make up for all the R&D it took to develop that flashy UI. And apple only has ONE phone to worry about, whereas SE has a huge portfolio.

I for one am behind SE 110%. I believe in their products and I have yet to have an SE phone I was disappointed with (granted I never owned an P990 either). I am 100% confident Paris will be a great phone and I intend to own it when it's released (hopefully on time) in september.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2008-04-09 21:51

On 2008-04-09 19:05:59, bodeh6 wrote:
So this phone that we have the pics for is Paris which is not the P5i? So what is Paris's name? I know PK said that it would be different then P5i.

The phone we have seen pictures of so far is likely to be the P3i. I'm saying likely because of course nothing is concrete until announcement but its definitely not the uber high-end device we are all expecting.
ElectricMofo
K530 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-04-09 22:01
Hello there! newbie here!

I don't think people should be worried about an iphone competitor at the moment. We have already been told that there will be more UIQ devices on the market this year. And if your smart enough to add all the clues together, you'd know that Sony have already made a 3.5 inch LCD multitouch, plus the sightings of a much advanced touch interface (probably UIQ4) in the works. Its good that there not making a direct competitor at the moment, because the irritating apple fanboy's are comparing every touch based device to the iphone and its driving me insane AHHHHHHHH!
xenia
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2008-04-09 22:01
This is Eldar`s words
"смешно, Х1 пока самвй лучший коммуникатор, но р5 его рвет на части все равно " ...

"х1 относительноне массовый, этот продукт более массовый будет... в принципе если говорить про линейку в целом то много смартов появляется, что хорошо'...

"париж хорошая моделька.. весьма и цена доступная"...

translate if you can))
oddie k750
K750
PM
Posted: 2008-04-09 22:09
Xenia- I may be a slovan -but I can't read azbuka...
I did understand what x1 and p5 meant though.

[ This Message was edited by: oddie k750 on 2008-04-09 21:10 ]
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2008-04-09 22:18

On 2008-04-09 22:01:23, ElectricMofo wrote:
Hello there! newbie here!

I don't think people should be worried about an iphone competitor at the moment. We have already been told that there will be more UIQ devices on the market this year. And if your smart enough to add all the clues together, you'd know that Sony have already made a 3.5 inch LCD multitouch, plus the sightings of a much advanced touch interface (probably UIQ4) in the works. Its good that there not making a direct competitor at the moment, because the irritating apple fanboy's are comparing every touch based device to the iphone and its driving me insane AHHHHHHHH!

I largely agree.

People automatically think SE should bring out some 'knee jerk' reaction to whatever a competitor announces when infact it follows its own road map.

There are more UIQ devices to come this year- the current G series handset cover the mid-tier and if what ares is true then I can only see more an more higher-end devices appearing. I know it has been said before but we need to be patient.
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-04-09 22:26
Dear friends,
my concern about Pnext beeing flagship or NOT is caused by one reason:
When I will spend my big amount of money on a new device,
I want to be sure that IT IS a top solution, not a half way.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2008-04-09 22:36
Ah, but there will always be another Pnext.

Plus it looks to me like there will be at least two or three selling concurrently.
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-04-09 22:40
Ok.

So let's wait for the official specs. My desire is to have the highest end smart phone/flag ship that SE will release.

Is it true that SE plans to release a hi-end/flagship smart phone every year now? I think that's a bit crazy...

I hope this device that we're seeing is the high-end flagship we've all been expecting because I simply don't want to wait any longer to upgrade from my Z710. But if I must, I will wait.

I do like the phone in these pictures though as far as design and style.

EDIT: I'm with doministry...If i'm gonna spend all this money and i'm thinking it will be close to $1000 USD. I want the highest end device possible and I want it to be high-end for at least 2 yrs.

[ This Message was edited by: moogoo on 2008-04-09 21:47 ]
Lunion
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-04-09 22:43
To be honest, the keyboard doesn't suit the top half of the phone.

My opinion.
If you live in a glass house, don't be chuckin stuff about.
JAGUY85
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-04-09 22:49
Ahh the saga continues. These spy shots are unnerving me...the more I see the more I don't like, but let's see. Am just hoping that this is nothing but a P3 and the real P5 is yet to be seen.
My History: T310.K700>K750>W810>K800>W850>K800>K810>P1>X10a>?
S. B. R. Jr.
m-one
W890 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-04-09 22:53
@Lunion

Maybe it will suit in this shot

Forgot to watermark it

I would appreciate it to stop speculating about the colors of the keypad now.
There're in fact more delicious details to come

[ This Message was edited by: m-one on 2008-04-09 22:09 ]
Lunion
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-04-09 22:55
thanks for the pic m-one

might be better to decide when the official pictures are released etc.
If you live in a glass house, don't be chuckin stuff about.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2008-04-09 22:57
@m-one.

Great, lots of things need clearing up.
deuxani
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2008-04-09 23:05
Thanks for another picture m-one!

Is it just me, or does this phone really have many faces?! In almost every picture we have seen it looks different and I think it's because of the shiny mirrorlike front. Everything reflects on it, so from every angle it looks a bit different. Also the screen seems smaller on this picture than on the last side angle shot with the keyboard open.

I can't wait for more details

[ This Message was edited by: deuxani on 2008-04-09 22:07 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 465466467 ... 115911601161  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic