Esato

Forum > General discussions > Rumours > The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2008

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Author The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2008
Pop Lover
C905 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-10-13 17:36
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

my ninja
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2008-10-13 19:08
bigger, higher resolution screens (HTC/LG/Samsung are crusing SE, funny how sony is ahead of everyone for OLEDs, even has one for sale but cant translate that to cell phones, or will even try ... slow on the uptake) they first and formost need to minimize the bezel on their screens that makes ALL of their phones look cheap, and for their price point no one wants to feel like their money went to cheap plastic.

dedicated A/V for phones that are supposed to be Cybershot/Walkman they need to actually have the chipsets that will allow them to EXCEL in these segments, with the top tier offering having BOTH new chipsets so we dont have a performance hit when trying to use the phone in the manner it was marketed.

3.5mm jack, OR the ability to use the remotes that CDP/MD(R)P have been using since 1992!

this wasnt meant to be a wishlist but, w.e i just wanted to illustrate the raod SE should take in 2009. upgrade the hardware not the plastic around it. if you have a 8.1mpx sensor then it should have its own processor to handle the images, simple as that, separate from the phones main processor.
chombos1
P990
PM
Posted: 2008-10-13 20:44

On 2008-10-13 19:08:52, my ninja wrote:
bigger, higher resolution screens (HTC/LG/Samsung are crusing SE, funny how sony is ahead of everyone for OLEDs, even has one for sale but cant translate that to cell phones, or will even try ... slow on the uptake) they first and formost need to minimize the bezel on their screens that makes ALL of their phones look cheap, and for their price point no one wants to feel like their money went to cheap plastic.

dedicated A/V for phones that are supposed to be Cybershot/Walkman they need to actually have the chipsets that will allow them to EXCEL in these segments, with the top tier offering having BOTH new chipsets so we dont have a performance hit when trying to use the phone in the manner it was marketed.

3.5mm jack, OR the ability to use the remotes that CDP/MD(R)P have been using since 1992!

this wasnt meant to be a wishlist but, w.e i just wanted to illustrate the raod SE should take in 2009. upgrade the hardware not the plastic around it. if you have a 8.1mpx sensor then it should have its own processor to handle the images, simple as that, separate from the phones main processor.

actually sonyEricsson is using OLEDs widely in it's japanies models... long time ago... in 800x480 resolution with BRAVIA quality.... long time ago.

i think your request is the most simple one by SE................ just if they release a few of their damn good japanies phones in rest of world.
clauf
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2008-10-13 20:50
Kate looks better than Fillipa... -___-" But even if you slap a 5.0 mp camera onto Kate and cancel Fillipa, I still don't see the purpose of the phone. C902 is good enough and still looks better to me (though I do like the cover design on the Kate).

I hate how Sony Ericsson now limits itself when it comes to producing phones. They keep on thinking "successor", and only produce successors of popular phones. Well, that just limits you on producing phones! News flash: A phone is only popular because of good design, innovation, and price. Producing successors of popular phones does not mean that the phone will become popular as well... ~__~

Kind of early in the morning... the rant above probably doesn't make too much sense ARGH
n3o
W850 black
PM
Posted: 2008-10-13 21:26
@all

do you think will Fillipa have Wlan/WiFi
driftmania
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2008-10-13 22:04
doubt it, this is a midend cybershot, so it's pretty unlikely it'd have wifi.
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2008-10-13 22:54
And gps?
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
driftmania
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2008-10-13 23:02
maybe, so many phones are getting gps lately, it shouldn't hurt to put it in this one for geotagging.
amorphus
W610 Orange
PM
Posted: 2008-10-13 23:04
IMHO, if Filippa hasn't Wi-Fi, Moto ZN5 will be more preferable in countries without 3G or for people who don't use it. ZN5 has 3.5 mm standard audio jack and great sound quality also.
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2008-10-13 23:48
Wow, now Kate looks nice. So much better looking than ugly Filippa with the ugly name. I agree with Clauf though, the C902 still looks nicer, but Kate is definitely close to it!
This message was posted in the mail
2008, 2009, 2010 Best Australasian Member.
c96sthl
C702 Speed Black
PM
Posted: 2008-10-14 03:12
I think we don't have a thread for SE phone wishlist.

what they should try now is to upgrade Ning C702 to be better in term of robustness until we can submerge a phone for some 1m shallow water camera session....yes phone wasn't meant to do so but camera are....look at olympus.

Since C702 is all most like a niche phone .... and it really got no much competition out there. They should grab the chance.

more over I do hope they can upgrade it with improvement on the brightness for LCD. Now sure...I saw many new phone using mineral glass like W580 seem to have brighter display compare C702. It will be good to make it brighter since the product is meant for outdoor usage?
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2008-10-14 04:12
Kate in front reminds me of K530, side iew from C702 and K850, back design from Samsung G810 and camera lens design from C902. i would also call this remix phone just like W902 and Filippa but the way SE rendered the looks were much better - shame they didn't include xenon flash. i don't think it would raise the price that much.

I just hope Filippa and Kata would deliver much better image quality than C902 and C702.
10 years at Esato
domipost
Hazel
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-10-14 17:19
I like both the phones, but they are pretty pointless indeed
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2008-10-14 17:34
There is a market for them, they'll do well if the price is right.

The interesting stuff is yet to come.

domipost
Hazel
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-10-14 17:41
That's what they said about K770i....
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic