Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > K850 Firmware Overview

Previous  123 ... 353637 ... 695696697  Next
Author K850 Firmware Overview
Sebby
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-25 14:48
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@thissy07
Unlock/debrand is available through DavinciTeam.com, amongst others, or you could wait for Orange to approve the new firmware. [addsig]
Kristoff
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-11-25 14:59
Hi, guys.
I read your posts about the firmware of the K850 and the problems around it and I want to ask you some questions.
I have nobranded K850 with firmware 029 and I have issues with some java applications. I used for a long time some of these street maps -> http://jtrustn.byethost12.com/streetmaps.html made by jTrustN with my K800i. Now with the K850 when I install and run any of this maps (for example Sofia.jar) the phone quits the application itselft... Is that issue from the firmware and is it olny my problem. I would ask somebody of you to download any of the maps and try it on his K850 and let me know is that only my problem.

--------------------------------------

I'm from Bulgaria and both FOTA and SEUS told I have the latest firmware even I'm with 029
K850i Velvet Blue + 1GB Sony M2
gordonowusu
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-25 15:24
Guys, I tried using SUES to update my firmware but it says I have the latest firmware but when i check it is still 29 do i have to choose another region to get 37. my handset in unbranded. But some people are saying 37 is available for Unbranded handsets.

any advice or help since 29 is too buggy.
option1
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-11-25 15:40
It's such a shame SE normally produce quality phones, what's happened?! I've had my k850 a couple of weeks now on orange and just find it irritating that this phone has been released with so many bugs. The phone runs slowly, freezes temporarily and I too have the flash sync problem, although and I've found that the flash syncs in about 1 in 4 of my pics. Another minor bug is if I enable 'large' in clock size it'll show up when I start the phone but then revert back to small after pressing any button. I use a mac as well as a pc and SE normally sync perfectly with macs although when, transfering files via USB the transfer will cancel. Sort it out SE! Anyone any luck with the update on Orange or replacements with 037?
Mike Graham
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-11-25 15:53
The newer firmware doesn't appear to be any different to the 27 firmware. Infact this one is worse, as BT Audio Streaming jumps every so often.
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-25 16:20

On 2007-11-25 15:24:19, gordonowusu wrote:
Guys, I tried using SUES to update my firmware but it says I have the latest firmware but when i check it is still 29 do i have to choose another region to get 37. my handset in unbranded. But some people are saying 37 is available for Unbranded handsets.

any advice or help since 29 is too buggy.

even though your phone is unbranded, it depends on your region. release the firmware to certain regions first.... shouldnt be long until you can update.
you can change to another region, but then your network internet/mms MAY not be full functional.... i suggest you hang in there just a bit more
Kristoff
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-11-25 16:32
Guys, I want to ask you something about the regions and the firmware version. I'm from Bulgaria but my phone is with CHINA firmware. The GENERIC firmware contains Bulgarian language, but mine doesn't. When I update my phone throug SEUS and I'm in Bulgaria would it update with the same as now (CHINA firmware) or it will update it with the GENERIC which contains Bulgarian language.
I hope you understand me and will answer me
K850i Velvet Blue + 1GB Sony M2
zabaro
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-11-25 19:08
You have a new personal message!
darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2007-11-25 20:25
Ok i will try to answer as many questions as possible.

037 isnt currenlty ava to all networks or generic phones. If your phone says it has the latest update when checking over the air or on SEUS then SE hasnt placed the new firmware on the main server yet.

Just to Clarify, Orange, Voda, 3 and t-mobile havnt yet approved 037 from what i beleive. There is also no date to say they will. If you have problems then the best bet is to go back to them. More people that pester them, then quicker they will auth it.

Virgin, and o2 have approve 037

037 over 029 is not a main firmware update, 037 is a quick short term fix to java problems, phone script errors and boot up problems. Many people like me ended up with phones that just flash on boot up. The early firmware is the cause of this possible jave boot problems from what i understand.

If you have 029 firmware and currenlty have application, java script errors then you can try the update, but norm you have to reflash the firmware.

If you dont encounter the java, script or boot problems and still on 029, then you may encounter these problems further down the line. 037 has been released to prevent these from happening.

in 037 there is a current bug which people did notice regarding bluetooth. This i would think will be resolved in the next firmware.

The next release in 10th Dec which is possible to be a major release. But dont quote me on this.

@Kristoff If your phone has china firmware, updating via SEUS does not change the firmware, it only updates the current one on you phone to the latest version. So for you, you will get the latest China version what ever has been approved.

The only way to get rid of this is using a programme called Davinci who debrand the K850i phones.

Many people also ask that once you have debranded the phone will it go back to the original software when you next update. Answer to this is no (Or i have never heard of any that do). When you debrand, the phone gets the a new CDA (Which is the version of branding or generic software) SEUS looks for when updating.

So for example.

You have a Orange Uk branded phone which is 1201-9792 ORANGE UNITED KINGDOM/ BLUE ORANGE-SIGN
CDA of the software is 1201-9792

You debrand using Davinci or any other programme (Davinci is the only one i know that is currently debradning) and you now choose 1201-9794 CUSTOMIZED UK/ BLUE WESTERN-EUROPE
CDA of the sofware is 1201-9794

So next time you update your phone using SEUS as you debranded useing CDA 1201-9794, SEUS will look for CDA 1201-9794 and update the phone with this software.

Hope this helps and answers most questions

[ This Message was edited by: darrengf on 2007-11-25 19:32 ]

[ This Message was edited by: darrengf on 2007-11-25 19:33 ]
dragon546
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-25 20:39
Got my k850i yesterday and got my buddy who has a place in Chinatown to flash it from Voda firmware to unbranded EUR 037 firmware now feels like a generic phone.

[ This Message was edited by: dragon546 on 2007-11-25 23:59 ]
Eva-m00
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-25 21:17
Cool downloading the update now over the phone.

Mines unbranded on O2.
~Eva
br@dley
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-11-25 22:45
I've had my phone for a few weeks now ($29 cap + $18 on 3).

I'm also hanging out for a firmware update as I've encountered a lot of the known issues, mainly:
- flash sync problem
- volume control disappearing when using media player
- phone locks ups/reboots under various circumstances
- BestPic doesn't always work

Some other things:
- Speaker volume is good when listening to music, but when I am on a call and using the speakerphone it's not loud enough.
- Megabass now distorts my headphones (they are updgraded ones). It used to sound perfect on my K750i.
- I miss the Media button (and being on 3 they've taken over the media soft key, so I have to use the up key shortcut). Is there a shortcut to resume music? It's annoying having to unlock the keypad and then browse the menus to do this now. What was SE thinking? Couldn't they have used the shutter button when the camera is off? (Surely that can be done in software? )
- The silver call keys are plastic/cheap looking, but you get used to it.
- The new key layout and soft keys at first feel odd, but again you get used to it.
- I really hate having to continually clean the phone, especially cleaning the lens before every photo. While I like the new lens cover the old slide cover on my K750i was good at keeping the lens clean and was a handy way to activate the camera mode.

I wonder how rebooting everyday as they recommend will affect the number of issues? Reminds me of the old Windoze days
mark187
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-11-26 04:49
Anyone else having a problem with the new firmware and the Mass storage mode? Whenever I try to set my phone to that mode it will constantly restart. This began to happen after I uploaded a new MP4 video to it.

Edit: Problem only seems to occur when I have both the charger and the USB cable plugged in at the same time. Just USB, it's fine.

[ This Message was edited by: mark187 on 2007-11-26 03:50 ]
DJKarlos2006
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-11-26 07:53
Woohoo! I have just updated my phone to 037 on SEUS. At least now I should get pictures where the flash actually has an impact ALL of the time rather than SOME of the time lol...

Does anyone know if this update might fix my re-occuring "Operation failed" message in the messages section or is that waiting for a major iteration update?

By the way I'm on O2 UK in case anyone wants to know.
spanner5351
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-11-26 13:29
Sainty or any one else who has debranded their K850 using the Davinci Team and then update to v37,

Does the phone now allow you to turn off the shutter noise when taking a picture?

Becuase currently, in the camera options i can only change my shutter sound to one of 4 sounds, there is no OFF option.

The shutter is starting to get really annoying now!!!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 353637 ... 695696697  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic