Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > K850 Firmware Overview

Previous  123 ... 322323324 ... 695696697  Next
Author K850 Firmware Overview
Wild Child
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-02-25 05:11
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Touch screen is less responsive. Personally I think 037 was just as good if not better,hopefully the next ver. will improve things. By the way the phone was submerged for about 30-45 seconds.
vinhsotran
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-02-25 05:49
hi, so how do I know if i have the old firmware or the new one? because my media player does lag when i play it, errr.. i need help.
milenko11
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2008-02-25 05:52

On 2008-02-25 04:37:07, Vlad83 wrote:

On 2008-02-25 04:05:18, milenko11 wrote:

On 2008-02-25 03:55:03, Vlad83 wrote:

@milenko11
give this a try: remove the bat for 30 secs then master reset

Just tried it and no luck.

I dont understand what the problem is, if it gets stuck on the loading screen when booting up, how can you perform a master reset? Describe your problem in more detail.

Basically, the phone will sit on the very first screen until I hit the end key. If I don't hit the end key it will just sit on the screen as long as I let it. After I hit the end key the phone turns on like normal. However, I cannot send/receive messages or view my phonebook.
whatsucka
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-02-25 05:53

On 2008-02-25 05:49:49, vinhsotran wrote:
hi, so how do I know if i have the old firmware or the new one? because my media player does lag when i play it, errr.. i need help.

the new firmware is R1EA031, if u have anything except this then u have old firmware

u can check by pressing > * < < * < * then go to service info, software info
buntoo
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2008-02-25 09:13
or u can check by going through
Settings -> General -> Update Service -> Software version

Remember that "Update Service" menu is not shown in the Flight Mode.

[ This Message was edited by: buntoo on 2008-02-25 08:14 ]
The Barron
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-02-25 10:00
update service menu is not however available on all networks/branded phones
Nokia 5110 > Nokia 3510 > Samsung E700 > Samsung D500 > (Then I Wised Up) K800i > K800i@K810i > K850i
tonchy
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2008-02-25 10:06
After reading more than 60 pages since my last post I am glad to announce…
…My K850i upgrade story

I bought my phone in BOLIVIA about 2 month ago and it was UNBRANDED- APAC-CHINA customized, so it had only English and Asian languages in it. I generally use Spanish, English and French especially for writing emails;so I thought of flashing it with a FW that had these languages using DAVINCI. I did not do that immediately because I found out thru ESATO that a new FW was coming and I wanted a fresh and clean start, both with new languages and new FW. I waited for about two months and here it is.

1. I flashed my phone 3 days ago using DAVINCI to GENERIC-AMERICA customization.They charged me 10 credits (15.55 $US) and the process was flawless.

2. I updated via SEUS and it recognized that it was AMERICA and offered me to update to R1EA031, so I did. Again process went flawlessly

3. After restarting my phone for the first time it shut down by itself and I had to turn it on again.

4. I had about 4 restarts since then. I want to define these restarts because people are freaking out and it is not good. In my case this is what happened.

a.They happened about twice on my old FW R1CA037 before I updated. So it is not FW dependent.
b.They only happen during or after you have been pushing the phone to the edge or multitasking in a way you would not normally do. That is why some people are not experiencing them at all
c. Restart only means the phone stops doing what it was doing, vibrates, goes back to my standby screen and searches for network again (it takes about 2-5 seconds). It does not mean my phone goes off and on again because in that case it should show me the start-up screen.
d. As someone mentioned there is no path to a “restart” but since we are all testing out this new FW, we tend to push it and the phone reacts. I am not saying it is good, I am just saying it will not happen in normal everyday use; after the hype for this new FW vanishes so will the restarts.IMHO that is the reason releases FW's with some degree of instability like this one becasue their beta testers do not push the phone to the levels we do here at ESATO

5. Here are MY pros and cons on the new FW:

PROSCONS
Better battery life than 037 and from what I have heard much better than 038. After 32 hours of heavy usage it is at 45%, with 037 FW i would be almost empty after 30 Hours(this is due to the fact that I use push Exchange ActiveSync)Landscape background media bug. This bug happens when the Theme has a media background image and you auto-rotate from portrait to landscape in the main menu, the background image will disappear, and your background will be black.
Touch keys seem more responsive and I love the haptic feedback(vibration) on previous FW you only had the option for the normal keys to respond with a tone or a clickNo RIGHT arrow bug. This is when searching contacts from standby screen if the contact has more than one number you can only see the left arrow, although you can scroll left or right
Having HSDPA on the GSM/3G networks menu is great because where I am now (Maryland,US) HSDPA is seldom available so I can turn it off now and save battery power
▲ GSM only (means up to GPRS/EDGE)
▲ GSM and 3G (means up to UMTS 3G)
▲ HSDPA (means up to UMTS 3.5G HSDPA)
Photo Mate application hangs up when I try to download the last module. I have all except for Imaging Tips. The message says “Application uses too much memory”
Media player is so much faster than in previous version. I have an 8 GB MicroSDHC which is half full with music (465 songs) pictures and videos. Both loading it and browsing it is a lot faster.Internet icon on Java apps like opera mini is not there anymore. This can be a bug or an improvement depending on who u ask
I love the transition effects when viewing pictures in the media application. And a nice touch is that the effect disappears if you want to quicly scroll thru the pictures so you don;t waste your timeRestarts are STILL present when pushing the phone to unusual situations
PhotoFix is now included in the media application, on previous versions the only way to get it was in camera mode viewing the picture right after taking it.Edit: Folder quick search no longer works correctly in sub folders (spotted thanks to lun4r)
Java apps and games run faster and smoother. They load faster too
Volume/Zoom Bug fixed. This bug was that the volume bar disappeared after zooming on pictures, although the volume would still change
Manual EQ bug fixed. This bug was when setting the EQ to manual, after changing album or leaving the media player the setting would go back to what was set previously (i.e. mega bass, normal, voice, etc.)
Sound is louder and clearer, great bass, great quality improvement over 037. I tested calls and music with:
▲Loudspeaker
▲Standard Headset HPM-62
▲Bluetooth Headset HBH-DS980
Browsing/slide show combo bug fixed. This bug was 2 in 1, hence the word combo. First when turning the camera on, in "silde show" mode (camera switch under play position) the lens cover would open for no reason, and second when browsing pictures in this mode, NOT thru the media, the screen will go off after some seconds of inactivity and then the only way of turning it back on was to exit camera mode.
Pictures are better than in 037 FW:
▲Less flash burn
▲Better details
▲Better color saturation
I am not a picture expert but I can see the difference between both FW. I will probably post pictures later. I agree its camera driver is not as mature as the k800 one but is getting there.

I love the overall improvements and I am happy I upgraded. I still hope will add new features in later FW’s such as Face Recognition and bring back the mobile TV menu. I also hope k850i will soon be supported by FAR and XS so we can all start modding.

I Bolivia

[ This Message was edited by: tonchy on 2008-02-26 02:20 ]
Belmondo
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-02-25 10:19
Hello I have in my K850 this firmware-R1DA038 prg1200440_Generic_So.
Why I cant update my phone to R1EA031 in Seus?After identification in Seus I have this message-Update is not Available your phone is update.I try in polish language
kenoby
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-02-25 10:28
After some problems I have finally upgraded the fw and I must say it is fantastic! Have checked every bug reported and it is working flawlessly. IMO did a good job on this fw, but they need to work on the few glitches on the seus.

On 2008-02-25 10:19:41, Belmondo wrote:
Hello I have in my K850 this firmware-R1DA038 prg1200440_Generic_So.
Why I cant update my phone to R1EA031 in Seus?After identification in Seus I have this message-Update is not Available your phone is update.I try in polish language

You could try to reinstall seus one time. Language selection does not have anything to do with fw upgrade.
I am a bit confused as this fw was not available for generic version. AFAIK. Maybe I am wrong.

[ This Message was edited by: kenoby on 2008-02-25 09:34 ]
Belmondo
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-02-25 10:39
Kenoby this reinstall not help.Sorry for my english.
kenoby
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-02-25 10:48
Is your phone branded? If it is you must wait for the new upgrade as operators are treated differently. I still do not understand how you have this fw version.
Belmondo
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-02-25 10:53
How can I check this brand?
kenoby
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-02-25 10:59
Is your phone locked on your network only?

The detailed fw version you can see by inserting: *>*<<*<*

[ This Message was edited by: kenoby on 2008-02-25 10:01 ]
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2008-02-25 11:00
@tonchy: Nice effort with the Pros and Cons! That obviously took some time, and it is very well done. I think you deserve a thank you from at least someone for that! Cheers!

I have a W910i, but I use this thread more to hear about the updates because it is a more active thread and the W910i and K850i updates this time around were almost identical. So that is very useful to me because i haven't yet updated and was wondering whether I should (when the update becomes available to me).
This message was posted in the mail
2008, 2009, 2010 Best Australasian Member.
tonchy
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2008-02-25 11:01
@belmondo
if you have 038 FW it means your phone is branded and your operato has to aprove the new FW before you can upgrade thru SEUS. If you don't feel like waiting then you can use DAVINCI to flash your phone with an unbranded FW and then update thru SEUS. like I did read a few posts before

EDIT: @Muhummad-Oli you are welcome it did take some time but if it helped someone i am more than rewarded.

[ This Message was edited by: tonchy on 2008-02-25 10:06 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 322323324 ... 695696697  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic