Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > [wanted] K850 VGA video recording

Author [wanted] K850 VGA video recording
repeater
V600
PM
Posted: 2007-09-26 11:26
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I saw the LG KU990 can capture video in 120fps QVGA But it saves in 15fps. The idea of slowed motion video is so great. AND, this device is capable of VGA 30fps, too!

Shame on K850....

[ This Message was edited by: repeater on 2007-09-26 10:31 ]
kimot01
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-09-26 13:03
looks like i'm going to keep my k800.,

better wait for a camera phone that can record videos in VGA resolution.,
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-09-26 22:15
@MaxWedge

OK sorry you took my comments as personal insults that is not how they were meant as these reasons are made by not just you. You are not the only one coming up with these excuses as to why SE are not updating enough of their devices with the latest spec. The most obvious of all of these are the smart phone and Flagship devices that are all still based on the same hardware that was announced as new in 2005 for the P990. These flagship devices in all this time have been updated only with 64mb Ram and WiFi b and a better Camera whilst all around many manufacturers are all using faster processors proper graphics chips and of course HSDPA even in non smart phones.

I also don't know where you get this idea that i see all SE devices as failures either talk about putting words in my mouth i have never said. I have praised the K850 as it has the most up to date of all SE devices so far just still missing VGA video recording that many seem to really want/need. I have also praised the T650, yes i am critical of the SE Smart phones and IMO rightly so they have manly cosmetic changes plus of course the extra 64mb Ram to overcome this major problem with UIQ3. Other than that some have had WiFi b and in some cases a camera none of this can be called groundbreaking or even up to date spec's. These devices are still running the same hardware as announced for the P990 in 2005 when it was fresh and new. Over 2 years later these specs are very dated if not in mobile terms ancient.

Your next point i just don't know where you have got such a ridiculous notion from. I have used Ericsson and then SE devices for well over 20 Years whilst i have used Nokia for just over a year.

As to my experience with UIQ touchscreen devices i have owned all but the P800 as that never appealed to me and as i was not an early adopter of this device was able to avoid it and it problems. Up until i bought my M600 my previous device was a P910 which if it hadn't suddenly decided to no longer sync to Outlook rendering it useless i would of carried on using it. On buying my M600 even after the first two firmware updates i was appalled as to how anyone @SE could of seen fit to release these devices in such a terrible state and the support and upgraded firmware that also took far to long to arrive or remedy many of the problems that then saw SE stop support on just year old devices. If criticism of these actions makes me an SE hater as opposed to a realist and giving criticism where i see them doing wrong then we have very different definitions of being anti or hating a Company is all i can say.

As to your comment of my viewing the Nokia touchscreen as going to be the best and touch screens are now so great perhaps you should of read my post properly as this is what i actually said.

"when Nokia are due to launch a S60 touchscreen device and you can bet as a premium or even flagship device it will have everything that is up to date and available spec wise. Even though i am no longer a fan of touch screen devices, i am curious to see just what they deliver and how well implemented it is but i do expect it to be quite an amazing device"

This really isn't in any way close to what you are happy to suggest i have said is it?

I think you really should look at what you post and are happy ti suggest MO is when you seem to constantly get it so wrong so often.

In case you missed it i was also critical of the E90 not due to it's build or stability but just the fact that as Flagship and most advanced device it as an E series only got the E Series Music player and not the best as found in the N series.

So please stop claiming i only praise Nokia because that also is untrue, i can't help the fact that all the Nokia devices i have had have not had the faults that some do have but trust me if any of my future devices have problems you and everyone else will know all about them. But my N73, N93, N95 and even my current device E61 have all been as they should not one has suffered any of the reported problems others have encountered maybe i am just lucky with my devices. But i can't invent problems with my devices just to make others happy and support there experiences.

Marc

Honoured to have won BEST DEBATER

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-09-26 21:21 ]
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-09-27 02:09

On 2007-09-26 22:15:50, Dogmann wrote:
@MaxWedge

OK sorry you took my comments as personal insults that is not how they were meant as these reasons are made by not just you. You are not the only one coming up with these excuses as to why SE are not updating enough of their devices with the latest spec.

I say again, why do you call it excuses?? It's only in your mind and a few disgruntled former SE users who think that people who still see SE phones as excellent value are making excuses for SE. Did it ever occur to you that we aren't making excuses. That we actually believe that SE are doing a good job? We aren't all feature whores. Just because you don't think SE are updating their phones as quickly as you would like, doesn't mean we have to agree with you. We are not making excuses for anyone, we just happen to not agree with you.

I also don't know where you get this idea that i see all SE devices as failures either talk about putting words in my mouth i have never said.

because every word (except your statement about K850) you say you are moaning about SE's lack of features compared to Nokia. Sorry but from a third party perspective, this is what many of us think of dogmann: the guy who is pissed off with SE and thinks their ph0ones are all lame.

I have praised the K850 as it has the most up to date of all SE devices so far just still missing VGA video recording that many seem to really want/need. I have also praised the T650,

A brief ray of sunshine in your otherwise obvious contempt for SE

yes i am critical of the SE Smart phones and IMO rightly so they have manly cosmetic changes plus of course the extra 64mb Ram to overcome this major problem with UIQ3. Other than that some have had WiFi b and in some cases a camera none of this can be called groundbreaking or even up to date spec's. These devices are still running the same hardware as announced for the P990 in 2005 when it was fresh and new. Over 2 years later these specs are very dated if not in mobile terms ancient.

and in the meantime they have expanded their mid range handset portfolio with some stylish handsets to suit most segments of the non-smartphone market. As I've said before you can't expect a company with 8% of the market to concentrate on high end if they want to increase marketshare. You have to give them credit for trying very hard, and succeeding, in increasing the mid range market appeal. SE NEED to do this to build marketshare, so they can get back to the job of producing leading edge high end smarphones. This is not an excuse, it's just a fact. I support SE goals in this respect.

As to my experience with UIQ touchscreen devices i have owned all but the P800 as that never appealed to me and as i was not an early adopter of this device was able to avoid it and it problems. Up until i bought my M600 my previous device was a P910 which if it hadn't suddenly decided to no longer sync to Outlook rendering it useless i would of carried on using it.

P910 didn't have any of the problems of P990, and if inability to sync with MS outlook soured you against SE you do SE a disservice. It's OUTLOOK for God's sake, a MS product. I hardly expect the problem is with SE, in my experience Outlook is very flaky.

The P990 problems were very real, but the people who still have P990's on the whole are very happy with their phone. The dissatisfaction with P990 is dead and buiried for most, only disgruntled users like you hang on to it.

On buying my M600 even after the first two firmware updates i was appalled as to how anyone @SE could of seen fit to release these devices in such a terrible state and the support and upgraded firmware that also took far to long to arrive or remedy many of the problems that then saw SE stop support on just year old devices. If criticism of these actions makes me an SE hater as opposed to a realist and giving criticism where i see them doing wrong then we have very different definitions of being anti or hating a Company is all i can say.

It's the vehemence with which you consistantly berate SE but very rarely praise, and the bias from which you operate. You claim you have had no problems with any of your Nokia's and that this is proof perfect of their stability. Yet many people claim poor build quality, firmware problems, instability of various Nokia phones. You dismiss all that out of hand, but believe the people who have never had any problems with SE phones are atypical. This is bias my friend plain and simple.

As to your comment of my viewing the Nokia touchscreen as going to be the best and touch screens are now so great perhaps you should of read my post properly as this is what i actually said.

"when Nokia are due to launch a S60 touchscreen device and you can bet as a premium or even flagship device it will have everything that is up to date and available spec wise. Even though i am no longer a fan of touch screen devices, i am curious to see just what they deliver and how well implemented it is but i do expect it to be quite an amazing device"

This really isn't in any way close to what you are happy to suggest i have said is it?

I admit I jumped the gun here. I still think though that you show your bias in the way you are arguing that Nokia will have a touchscreen, but still can't get that SE has had one since the start. If someone uses a touchscreen, the fact is Nokia have not catered to them, wouldn't this piss such a person off as much as lack of good video or hsdpa seems to piss you off about SE? It's horses for courses mate.

SE might be a year late on wifig or hsdpa, but Nokia is 6 years late on touchscreen. If I was a Nokia user waiting for touchscreen, I would have jumped ship to SE 5 years ago.

So please stop claiming i only praise Nokia because that also is untrue, i can't help the fact that all the Nokia devices i have had have not had the faults that some do have but trust me if any of my future devices have problems you and everyone else will know all about them. But my N73, N93, N95 and even my current device E61 have all been as they should not one has suffered any of the reported problems others have encountered maybe i am just lucky with my devices. But i can't invent problems with my devices just to make others happy and support there experiences.

All the people I know personally who use SE phones have nothing but praise and good experiences. Even on these forums, when P990 came out with all the firmware problems, many P990 users sailed through without any problems what so ever, and have loved their P990's the whole time.

When K750 had some minor firmware issues, and one major problem, only a small percentage of people actually had the problems, and eventually firmware came out that fixed all the problems. It's worth noting that many of the people who had problems had updated from perfectly working firmware to the latest release firmware which happened to be one of the dodgy versions. That's like updating to Vista as soon as it came out. Why would someone update a perfectly working phone without waiting to see what the issues would be? And if you are not a technical type capable of checking out these issues, WHY UPDATE? Yet every single one of those people posted on esato about how crap K750 was. Moaning and bitching without end, because they had screwed their phone up just to have the latest firmware, when their phone was working fine anyway (the problem they got was the file transfer bug, otherwise everything worked fine). I have no sympathy for them.

I have an N70. It's a crash monkey with many firmware faults that Nokia have never addressed. Now when I talk about how crap the N70 is even Nokia people say well it's the OLD version of s60, you should compare against N73, etc etc. In other words THEY ARE MAKING EXCUSES FOR NOKIA. But in the end, K750 is a much more stable platform than N70, with better camera and better media player. BUT, at the time the N70 was current, the SAME PEOPLE who now claim I shouldn't use the N70 as an example, were arguing with me that N70 was the bees knees and a K750 beater.

[ This Message was edited by: max_wedge on 2007-09-27 01:11 ]
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-09-27 13:59
@max_wedge

I really don't understand you some times yes i point out missing features but mainly in the so called flagship smart phones which by any ones definition are seriously out dated. I don't really comment on other SE phone as have little to no interest in them again this suggestion i constantly slate SE is all in your mind not in reality. Many SE users are unhappy at just the repackaging of devices with no real improvements i haven't commented on this at all this is what other SE users are saying not me.

Max it is not just Nokia that have all these new features it is virtually every other manufacturer and i never compare them directly to Nokia just another case of you jumping to the wrong conclusions to fit your response.

You say I have contempt for SE to right i do how they could release to the paying public UIQ3 devices in the state they were in deserves contempt by the bucket load. The way they acted after this with no communication and firmware taking two months at time and fixing very little also deserves criticism as that is just not the way to treat loyal users it is abusing their trust and the money they have paid for their devices that promised so much and failed to deliver for so long. How you can see any of SE actions over this as OK or justifiable is just beyond belief.

Sorry but what a load of rubbish about expanding the mid range blah blah blah same old rubbish again, funny they had enough money to spend on buying out UIQ you would of thought after investing all that money in it they may of tried producing newer specified handsets rather than sticking to the same old hardware even 2 years later.

The fact my P910 stopped syncing with Outlook had nothing to do with Outlook it was all to do with the still crappy SE PC suite as many other all over Forums have also reported these problems not just me. It didn't sour my attitude towards SE at all as i then bought what i expected to be my dream device the M600 boy how wrong was i. Even after two firmware upgrades it was a joke being slow was the least of it's problems it was not even fit for purpose and SE had no right to launch such an unfinished product and expect their users to have to wait over 6 months for it to even become functional and relatively stable. So yes this did sour my attitude towards SE and quite rightly so IMO they realeased a not fit for purpose product and continued to sell it and take their customers money knowing exactly how bad it was, that is an abuse of trust.

The biggest joke ever was how any manufacture could dare put on their device the message "Your device has restarted to improve performance" which meant they knew from day one it was going to reboot by itself at various times that is just ridiculous behaviour from any ones point of view.
Yes the P990's problems where and are very real but how you can say most users are happy is based on what? maybe you should read some other forums and see how happy people that paid close to £500 or over for a flagship device that failed to deliver on virtually every thing it promised feel and just how many of those that buy for entire cooperation's vowed never to buy an SE smart phone again to gain some real perspective besides the SE fan boys that will say say it 's all good.

Again what in the hell are you talking about i have never denied that some have problems with their devices be it software or build quality and have stated many times that not every device is perfect but the ones i have been lucky enough to own have been. So again you are making it seem i have said things i haven't check my posts before making unsupportable claims that you can't back up.

At last you admit you jumped the gun just a shame it's not just this once but something you are happy to do constantly you are happy to make all these claims of things i have said which quite frankly are rubbish and untrue but of course the truth wouldn't support how you like to portray my bias would it?

As for this statement this has to be one of the funniest things i have ever read in my whole life.

"All the people I know personally who use SE phones have nothing but praise and good experiences. Even on these forums, when P990 came out with all the firmware problems, many P990 users sailed through without any problems what so ever, and have loved their P990's the whole time."

I humbly suggest you go back and re read the P990 threads from the start with devices rebooting at random or on receiving incoming calls, SMS messages not arriving without a reboot, phones appearing to be working whilst any one phoning them not getting a response talk about selective memory you really are having a laugh with this one. I really don't know where you get the audacity to suggest something quite so absurd and so far removed from the truth. Maybe you should also go to My Symbian and read how people felt from day one to the present about their wonderful P990's it's an interesting read and paints a very different picture to the fantasy your portray.

No one has claimed the N70 was perfect that i have ever seen but it was my first S60 and if it was half as bad as you suggest i really can't imagine i would of stuck with S60 or Nokia.

Forget about the K750 lets look at the K800 where nearly all the early released models required a trip to a service centre as the EROM caused the device to no longer switch on and that wasn't an isolated case it was nearly all of them. What happened to SE quality control and testing that missed this major flaw then? Most probably the same testers that thought UIQ3 devices where fit for launch.

I find it really funny you are happy to accuse me of being a Nokia Fan Boy and SE hater when it is very obvious you are one the biggest SE Fan Boys going as according to you SE are just fantastic love their customers and always give them the best with unbeatable back up and service. If only half of that rubbish was true SE would be a much better company than it currently is. It treats it's users with contempt and is only interested in one thing from it's users there money and unfortunately that is the reality. The reason SE don't have to bother updating specs is it would cost them more and they can still sell the same old hardware in a new case for top prices why change if that's what ther customers accept their is no need to. But look around and see how many SE users are now sick and tired of this attitude and have now started to look elsewhere for there devices and the numbers aren't small either and are still growing to.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-09-29 18:41 ]
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2007-09-27 14:24

On 2007-09-27 13:59:31, Dogmann wrote:
But look around and see how many SE users are now sick and tired of this attitude and have now started to look elsewhere for there devices and the numbers aren't small either and are still growing to.

Marc

@marc
are we talking about mobile phone enthusiasts or general public? coz you keep on talking about outdated specs from and you/and others dont really care for their phones these days. Thats fair enough. Buts only us enthusiasts are the ones who care, the general public dont, as i said in another thread, average consumer just buys whats new, or what the sales man suggests, or the phone with the best design to them, or of course. which has most MP camera. Us enthusiasts only make up a small share of the market, and will/are still making their money whether we buy their phones or not, and they know their future products will sell good too. I just dont get where your arguement is going. its a simple fix really, dont buy . The people who cant see that their phones may have slightly outdated features in some way and yet they keep using them, then so be it. Theres no need to keep pointing out phones dont have certain features, its not going to change things...... and people will still buy
mode
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2007-09-27 19:15
I'm a self professed SE fanboy and I'm not ashamed by this fact. But I agree with Dogmann when he says SE is getting complacent and we're only pampering them to continue being complacent. I love my P990, but the crappy customer support and lack of genuine effort to listen to the users' plights have invoked a love-hate relationship between myself and SE. There aren't even logs to track bugfixes for firmware updates, and they have no idea how their devices perform when after the second last firmware update, they had the audacity to claim there are no memory leakages in our devices. WTF??? And to make matters worse, they take away excellent, pertinent features with the updates such as autofocus in video capture making our videos appear blurry which some even thought is rendered unusable (me included). Yes, maybe SE is extending their mid-range phones to gain marketshare, but if they produce only 1 flagship smartphone in the midst, do you think it's wise to go on the same path and embrace mediocrity? Don't you think their remnants of flair in creativity and cutting-edge technology should at least be present here? The P1 was released more than half a year after N95 and the only thing it has to show for is more RAM while other features compared apple to apple are beaten flat by the Nokia device . Bear in mind the P1 is still a flagship smartphone only recently released but already lacking in specs that should be made available to the data-centric, business-oriented device such as HSDPA (caused by the outdated and slow processor), wifi g which should be the standard for today's wifi devices (also a feature unsupported due to its outdated processor), flash support needed to view most websites in this day and age, and the limited internal memory that can't be transfered to external memory causing limited amount of emails that could be stored for hardcore business-centric users. I believe that if we truly love SE devices, be it for its funcionality or simply for its looks, then we should give them praises when they're really due but we also need to constantly remind them that their devices aren't exactly perfect which would ultimately help push them forward.
Finally, just so that I don't sound too off-topic, wanna say the K850 design is horrendous, but the rumoured K860 looks really promising Might get me one of those, but I'll definitely give the K850 a pass

[ This Message was edited by: mode on 2007-09-27 20:32 ]
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-09-28 01:38

On 2007-09-27 13:59:31, Dogmann wrote:

I find it really funny you are happy to accuse me of being a Nokia Fan Boy and SE hater when it is very obvious you are one the biggest SE Fan Boys going as according to you SE are just fantastic love their customers and always give them the best with unbeatable back up and service. If only half of that rubbish was true SE would be a much better company than it currently is. It treats it's users with contempt and is only interested in one thing from it's users there money and unfortunately that is the reality. The reason SE don't have to bother updating specs is it would cost them more and they can still sell the same old hardware in a new case for top prices why change if that's what ther customers accept their is no need to. But look around and see how many SE users are now sick and tired of this attitude and have now started to look elsewhere for there devices and the numbers aren't small either and are still growing to.

"treats it's users with contempt". This is what I mean by your irrational reaction to what is afterall just a phone company. You accuse me of fanboyism but yet all I do is try and correct your misplaced aggression towards SE. I KNOW SE are not perfect. When did I ever say that? You put words in my mouth as easily as you think I do to you. Perhaps if you read your own posts with a rational and balanced perspective, you would see why people think you are a nokia fanboy?

Another thing I know, my N70 is a steaming dog turd of a phone but do I sing it to all who will hear? NO, only when people try and claim SE are some sort of evil who does nothing but release shit phones on the public. I use it as an example that everyone's experience is different. The only reason you see SE as being crap is because of your experience of SE. One person's direct experience. You then remember every bad comment anyone ever says on forums about SE, but not the good. You ignore the fact that when people have problems with their phones they report it in flying fists of rage to every forum they can, but they don't post the good stuff. No one jumps on twenty forums telling everyone their phone works. But when it doesn't work they do.

So the evidence you are seeing you are interpreting as a balanced response but it's not. You see 90% bad reports 10% good reports on forums. Even then, due to your bias, you don't see the hundreds of posts complaining about Nokia phones. For example you minimise N70 problems, yet Nokia stopped releasing firmware before the phone was even stable. I am not the only one, I have read many posts complaining about the N70. You obviously, because of your bias, don't see those posts.

And mate, to denigrate my opinion about SE expanding the mid range, there is very good evidence for this, yet you make out I am just making excuses, just making it up to argue with you. So much for best debater buddy. If you can't actually address the point don't say anything at all.

By expanding the mid range they attract far more users than the ones such as you who they lose.

The fact is when SE get something wrong, you express contempt. When Nokia do something wrong you make excuses. I'm sick of listening to your diatribes mate.

What about this list of tips for N95, where it lists that N95 has memory issues, and that you MUST update the firmware to the latest to avoid these issues: http://3lib.ukonline.co.uk/tipsn95.htm
Sound a little SEesque?

N95 firmware problems:

Volume on some Bluetooth car kits is very low
Bluetooth still doesn't work well with many car kits
Multimedia key stops working if recurring alarms are set
Camera bug: sharpness stuck to hard
camera issues with colour and image over-sharpening
Intermittant WLAN connectivity ("Actually, this is a really bad flaw because I'm forced to use 3G to transfer data. What i really hate is the total lack of tools on the phone itself. I cant view the mac, ip address or any other useful details for troubleshooting." user post)
Gallery menu: the device sometimes freezes the galery application! It's not possible to close the galery after this. You have to turn the device off
Crashing while browsing
GPS maps off by 50 meters
Browser crashes after streaming
One way speech
In some menu's, the phone will freeze for like 30 seconds then come back to life
N95 corrupting file system on memory card
Nokia Speech2go makes the unit power down & restart
User post: "Definately need new firmware, there seems to be quite a few annoying bugs and stability issues.
The sooner its here the better"
using the GPS causes messaging to crash and lock up
Phone terminates a call and re-boots

Stability issues improved with firmware releases:
Out of memory
WLAN stability
General stability
USB stability
Multimedia menu stability
Stability improvements to BlueTooth connectivity
WLAN stability
major improvement in image quality

max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-09-28 02:25
@dogmann, "crappy SE PC suite as many other all over Forums have also reported these problems "

I agree with this, infact I've been the first to complain about PC Suite whenever the issue comes up. But I don't go on an anti-SE tirade, I just recommend a thirdparty solution that actually works perfectly. (My Phone Explorer)

Same reason I don't jump on an anti-Microsoft bandwagon just because I use Paint Shop Pro instead of mspaint, or Media Player Classic instead of Windows Media Player.

Anyway, I agree PC Suite is crap, and yes it's disappointing. It's shame SE don't replace the Mobile Phone Monitor component of PC Suite as this is the cause of PC Suite problems. If they replaced it with something better, they would eliminate many of the pc-phone connectivity problems that user's report.

But you see, am I contemptous? Am I resentful? Am I angry about it? No, it's just a phone for God's sake.
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-09-28 12:06
@MaxWedge

You want evidence of SE treats it's users with contempt do you no problem as you know i will always when asked quantify my statements and back them up.

SE release UIQ3 which by any ones standards is a shambles SE then say nothing no communication with their users and take 2 months at a time to release new firmware. Although each new firmware solves certain problems it appears to introduce new ones and still SE remains silent no communication from them at all. Eventually after 10 months the P990 starts to reach stability except for the last firmware has introduced two new major bugs the long text and E-Mail bugs. At this time SE announce the P990 is stable and working as well as it can expected to so are stopping any more firmware this device isn't even a year old and is nothing like what SE are claiming either. It has failed to deliver most of the things it promised on the SE website page for it.

Only when most P990 users start a campaign to have these bugs fixed and get new firmware all over the Web and it this starts to get a lot of media attention are SE forced to back down and agree to give a final firmware.

Oh yes and the biggest sign of contempt possible SE knew most if not all these problems existed and yet where happy to continue selling these devices and taking their money whist putting them in the promised land awaiting a new fix it all firmware. Proof that they new of the problems is easy who puts a message on any device that it is restarting to improve performance if you don't know it is going to be doing a lot of restarting.

To do that is treating their users well is it? as to me that shows nothing but contempt for there users and i don't see how you could possibly argue otherwise.

You want to compare how different company's treat their customers when when they know there is a problem. Yes you guessed it Nokia released the E90 and screwed up see i don't say they are perfect always do i? But on realising their was a problem what did they do did they just continue selling this device with huge demand and rake in the cash and say don't worry we will fix it later. No they stopped shipping them until they fixed the issues and are are only now due to start shipping them in October. Notice a difference in how one company values and treats it's customers and i know which one i think is the right course of action to take no contest there really is there.

Again Max you keep this repeating this lie and obviously believe just because you repeat it enough it will become true. Where have i ever claimed that all Nokia's devices are perfect and don't have problems? and what excuses do i or have i made please go on point me to one anywhere if you can because as far as i am concerned this is just in your imagination.

As far as excuses go your are the king of this as it's never poor little SE's fault is it. They only have limited amount of money, they don't have enough market share, how about a bit of the truth they just don''t care as long as they can get away with their actions they will just continue why change if their users are constantly happy to accept second best.

All that i say is that at least with Nokia they release firmware upgrades quickly that usually fix most things and rarely introduce new ones. Not quite what you are happy to suggest yet again is it?

I also don't get the point of the N95 problems list either as right at the beginning of it says users are advised to upgrade firmware to resolve these issues. As i have said no device is perfect and very rarely at launch but the speed that these firmwares are realeased and how much they improve the device is what counts. Most if not all these issues are resolved by now with only a couple of firmware upgrades needed. The reason my N95 didn't have any of these problems was i didn't buy it till V12 firmware was available and all of those little problems had been fixed. Again despite what you like to believe mine had no loose slider, loose screen or hissing or buzzing either during conversations or listening to Music. If you don't believe me ask Mutleboy who bought it off me after i had it for about 6 weeks and he will confirm it's condition and how well it works.

Compare that to the first bug list of the P990 but you may need a couple of pages for that one and just how long it took to reach an acceptable state, oh sorry i forgot everyone you know where all happy from day one and had no problems unlike the majority of users.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-09-28 13:36 ]
C905
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2007-09-28 20:32
uys, this thread is about k850 getting VGA recording, not about which company that does best
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-09-29 03:35
Dogmann, your reply just proves you are just as one-sided as anyone. I never said SE are perfect either. I never said they didn't have problems with P990. You are making assumptions about what I think based on your either/or interpretation of this argument. In your mind, Either I agree with you, OR I am an irrational SE fanboy making excuses for SE.

we are talking two phones basically, P990 and M600. And yes they are flagship phones, and yes SE stuffed up on communication and under-estimated the seriousness. Yes it's appalling. Exploding Nokia batteries anyone? (how long did it take for them to admit that?) All phone companies have their sins.

But you see, I JUST DON'T AGREE it's worth dismissing the entire company and the many other excellent stable bug free phones they have. You keep on at me about how anyone with any sense hates SE but I'm in some kind of la la land. You dismiss the whole SE line because two smartphones had major faults, is this because you buy into the Nokia fanboy myth that smartphones are real phones and non-smartphones are irrelevant? (despite the fact Nokia have no touchscreen on their smartphones, which to me and many others, is part of the defintion of smartphone)? The fact is you are pissed off with SE, for your own reasons, and want everyone to agree with you. Some of those reasons are good reason to be pissed off, but in the end it's just a phone company, you take the good with the bad. You want to think SE are worse than any other oem, fine that's your opinion. I don't share it, and I won't argue with you anymore if your main argument is that I'm a fanboy who makes excuses. If you want to go around thinking SE is some evil phone company who care nothing but profit fine. Think what you like.

We've gone WAY off topic with this argument, so this is my last post on the matter.

[ This Message was edited by: max_wedge on 2007-09-29 08:23 ]
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-09-29 19:21
@MaxWedge

I was more to happy to let this end but when you start saying you haven't said various things you have you need to be corrected and maybe to have it pointed out to you as you said in a previous post and i quote

"All the people I know personally who use SE phones have nothing but praise and good experiences. Even on these forums, when P990 came out with all the firmware problems, many P990 users sailed through without any problems what so ever, and have loved their P990's the whole time."

Which by the way is just so funny no one in their right mind would dare suggest that of any P990 users especially not until after the 2nd or 3rd firmware came out felt like that.

After this you then say in your last post.

" I never said SE are perfect either. I never said they didn't have problems with P990.

Now as for this quote

"You keep on at me about how anyone with any sense hates SE but I'm in some kind of la la land."

Really this is news to me please show me anywhere i have suggested that anyone should hate SE. I haven't even suggested no one should not buy SE never mind hate them. Yet another prime example of you trying to make it look like i say things i haven't.

I really am beginning to think you have a serious problem with reality as you mentioned it maybe you are in La La land as the amount of things you constantly suggest i have said that i haven't is just getting really ridiculous now, how about trying to accuse me of things i actually say for a change rather than what you imagine i have said. Oh sorry Forgot that wouldn't support my alleged hate campaign and telling everyone not to buy SE would it?

It's really strange you are more than happy to constantly suggest i say all sorts of things but not once have you backed them up with an actual quote or any thing to back up your claims you just repeat the same old rubbish of Dogmann hates SE Dogmann slates all SE devices, Dogmann never sees any faults with Nokia's or makes excuses for them, which quite frankly none of which is true. You just change the subject and carry one regardless not once have you quantified a single accusation against me.

If any one needs a reality check it is you stop saying things that aren't true i and i won't have the need t respond to the accusations you keep on making.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-09-29 18:35 ]
londonlad123
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2007-09-29 21:19

On 2007-09-29 19:21:55, Dogmann wrote:

SE release UIQ3 which by any ones standards is a shambles SE then say nothing no communication with their users and take 2 months at a time to release new firmware.

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-09-29 18:35 ]

Nokia released exploding batteries, people got injured and said nothing for 2 years. But no ones perfect.
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-09-29 22:35
@londonlad123

Dear oh dear is that really the best you can up with as counter argument against what SE did with UIQ3 how very sad. Just in case it escaped your notice Nokia like everyone else don't manufacture there batteries they buy them in and just how many people where injured then? Especially as unlike what you like to suggest it was actually a precautionary move as a few had exploded so because their may of been a fault in their manfactuer they where recalled as as safety measure not because they where all exploding as you seem to think.

Just to prove the point taken from a quote by J C WHITE in the Nokia recall batter thread

" Matsushita Battery Industrial Co. of Japan has agreed to pay out for the 46 million faulty batteries in Nokia handsets.

Matsushita will cover the direct costs related to last week's product advisory on Nokia-branded BL-5C batteries.

Nokia and Matsushita have a long business relationship and the two companies are cooperating closely together in this situation,' said Masatsugu Kondo, President of Matsushita Battery. 'Matsushita Battery has agreed to cover the direct costs associated with the product advisory, including, among other things, logistics costs, call center costs, and replacement battery costs."

Although what batteries have to do with an OS is beyond me, but if that's the best argument you can come up with i really wouldn't bother.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-09-29 21:47 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic