Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > [wanted] K850 VGA video recording

Author [wanted] K850 VGA video recording
SilveR.
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2007-09-16 23:03
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Or get a real Digital Cam,.

How ever for some video rec very important, for me it's only a bonus..
Depend what the buyers wants
Mizzle
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-09-17 00:00
@christiano because K850 is capable of doing it. Don't know about the others.
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-09-17 00:59

On 2007-09-16 22:10:09, cristiano wrote:
why only K850??
what about W910+W960?
at least they should make K850 VGA @30 fps and W960+W910 VGA @15 fps
K850 is not the only mobile with a camera

However, its the ONLY one with the MP to support the clarity at VGA resolution - without a dedicated mobile video card.

Like Goldenface said whats taking them soo long to release native VGA @ 30fps! rumored Video phone is NOT coming to other regions than Japan. Wait no longer should we!

another "get a real camera" post I'm gonna FREAK! sorry no offense to SilvR. Just that we rather carry 1 device that CAN take excellent photos. Most moments with fun outtings night escapades, or fun times with loved ones & family included are within a focal distance of 10 feet - usually, perfect for CamPhones or point & shoot. With resolutions increasing and lens quality improving we're going to see MORE of an overlap! Now with ISO control a whole new ballgame.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-09-17 01:13
@thecoolsha

The K850 can do it because to date when released it will be the most advanced and highly specified SE device. It wipes the floor with the specs found in it's so called Flagship smart phones. That unfortunately still rely on the same hardware that was announced for the P990, this is whilst others say there is nothing wrong with the hardware found in these devices i strongly disagree and also think they are in need of an urgent update to far newer processors and graphics so they can give things like HSDPA and proper video recording along with all the other benefits that come with them.

This why however great looking these new devices are they are just re packaged old tech nothing new or really ground breaking but they could be just so much more. They could and should IMO be up there with the new TYTN and E90 that is what i expected of SE to deliver and in the past would of.

Since UIQ3 SE have stagnated they only new thing they added to their smart phones was 128 Ram and only then because that was so badly needed to achieve stability lets not kid ourselves it's any different.

How ever much even Masseur likes his P1 just ask him which device he reaches for when he wants to access the web? Even though he wasn't that keen on the N95 in the end he used it with his N770 as modem as the speed difference is just so great. Now of course he has his TYTN that appears to be his device of choice.

If your an SE fan or not you have to realise this is there current greatest weakness along with lousy customer support. Even Motorola in it's fist UIQ3 device gave it a better processor and graphics plus a 16million colour screen and HSDPA even non smart phones are getting HSDPA but not SE's flagship devices.

Marc

Honoured to have won BEST DEBATER

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-09-17 00:14 ]
mib1800
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-09-17 03:27
I just dont buy the idea that SE purposely disable the vga@30fps video record in K850. What's the point of that? It is not like K850 would cannibalise another SE premium handycam phone since SE DONT have one yet.

Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-09-17 04:55

On 2007-09-17 01:13:55, Dogmann wrote:

If your an SE fan or not you have to realise this is there current greatest weakness along with lousy customer support. Even Motorola in it's fist UIQ3 device gave it a better processor and graphics plus a 16million colour screen and HSDPA even non smart phones are getting HSDPA but not SE's flagship devices.

Marc

True but remember Motorola has MUCH more experience in UIQ & Symbian than SE does. Sad but true. Since Ericsson & SE have used Symbian & UIQ for years longer than Motorola > and Moto did release MORE devices than SE & Ericsson combined until recently. However, you cannot give Moto all the credit for the Z8 .... they consumed Sendo which had INCREDIBLE Symbian experience & knowledge in such a SHORT Time. Sendo was burned by M$ with licensing and marketing and wanted to show them up with the Sendo M or whatever that phone was.

However, the Z10 is rumored to be Z8's successor this fall. Hint no lime green highlights with a two toned black & grey/silver getup and its nice.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-09-17 05:02

On 2007-09-17 03:27:13, mib1800 wrote:
I just dont buy the idea that SE purposely disable the vga@30fps video record in K850. What's the point of that? It is not like K850 would cannibalise another SE premium handycam phone since SE DONT have one yet.

I agree. All this hopefulness that K850 will record in vga is just a recipe for disappointment imho!

It's like the guys who thought they could make the K750 video record at qvga just because it was possible to specify those values in the camdriver0.dat file. They didn't notice that you could also specify 1600 by 1200! but of course no one would expect it to work at 2MP so why expect it to work at qvga, when SE clearly state it's resolution is 3GP?

Same with K850. It is what it is.

Hurst
K790
PM
Posted: 2007-09-17 05:29

On 2007-09-17 03:27:13, mib1800 wrote:

How about this reason:

It's a lot cheaper for future R&D to taper your features added on rather than having to create new innovative solutions every product cycle.

For example, how will Nokia best the n95? They had to push hard to increase the screen size, add a bigger battery and more memory. n95 successor? Will cost a lot of r&d to make a better product. In the end, though, the consumer wins. Same goes for Apple.

SE on the other hand? Hold back, keep your r&d costs down and spend more on advertising/marketing ("cybershot" bs) to make up for the discrepancy. Different business model. The saavy consumer must make the cognizant decision.
de_construct
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-09-17 08:08
The fact that the K850i's still camera is better than the N95's is much more important. The N95 is a bit of a big beast that wont appeal to everyone (as much as everyone wants its features, few will put up with its size) I think maybe SE should have made the K850i look a lot less weird as it's meant to be SE's main candybar, filling the shoes of the K750i/T610.

What does bug me is that SE have not been brave enough to move the K850i over to UIQ3... Seeing as Moto have done so with the Sendo-designed Z8 and Z10 with its one-handed UIQ3... they could really have a go at Series60.
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2007-09-17 12:27
afaik both the k850 and t650 could shoot vga@30fps in the labs, and both being of high quality... though it drained battery life and, as we all know about vga video, took up lots of memory.... battery life is obviously one reason why they did not use vga....
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-09-17 14:08

On 2007-09-17 08:08:23, de_construct wrote:
What does bug me is that SE have not been brave enough to move the K850i over to UIQ3... Seeing as Moto have done so with the Sendo-designed Z8 and Z10 with its one-handed UIQ3... they could really have a go at Series60.

the w960 is a good step in that direction, it's a designed for finger tap use, so you don't really need the stylus. It would be nice with a dpad atleast though, to make it a true one handed device. I would like to see the successor of the K850 be a UIQ device in similiar form factor to the W960, but with cybershot branding and camera and a keypad that includes a joystick or dpad.
cristiano
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-09-17 14:14
if you don't want the battery to finish early and you don't wan't the video to take big spaces of the memory than set it @QVGA no one make you to record at VGA if you don't want thies thing to happen

(i don't see nokia care about the battery in fact they have crap battery's but they record up to VGA)

if didn't put VGA video recording in K850 than by the time they will use it other brand will reach VGA @120 fps
tai020381
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2007-09-17 14:27
I think QVGA is quite enough for a Handphone for me already. I owned a Digital camera which also records video at VGA resolution and I seldom use it, mostly only taking photographs. Also, did you guys notice that for our forum and other gadget forums the topic always state "Post your photos AND VIDEOS taken by your phones" where videos are almost non-existent in it.
Mizzle
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-09-17 14:39
I still think, that if it's possible, why not make it AVAILABLE for us.

Come on guys, I guess we'd all want this, so speak up and let know about it!
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-09-17 15:09

On 2007-09-17 14:08:36, max_wedge wrote:

On 2007-09-17 08:08:23, de_construct wrote:

the w960 is a good step in that direction, it's a designed for finger tap use, so you don't really need the stylus. It would be nice with a dpad atleast though, to make it a true one handed device. I would like to see the successor of the K850 be a UIQ device in similiar form factor to the W960, but with cybershot branding and camera and a keypad that includes a joystick or dpad.

@de_construct; correction Sendo did NOT design the Z8; thats purely Motorola - but they DID have a hand in engineering & also in core-application design; as Motorola bought Sendo and kept many of their engineers.

@max_wedge; So you DO want Video @ VGA in the K850i - but I understand that you believe its just not possible. Personally I've been hammering about UIQ3 (1-handed) in so many threads for so long I'm getting nerved about SE not doing so in the K850i. I pray that its successor debuts in 6mths & even more powerful with UIQ3, a Dpad, and mobile video accelerator. SE is not using Glass lenses - from what I can tell - in their phones and there is so much MP's will do without a glass lense it'll begin to show subpar quality photos. Samsung, Nokia, LG have ALL partnered with Camera Lens maker co's & incorporated specific designs of lenses in their phones and the quality is getting MUCH better if not slightly better than what we've seen in the 2 reviews of pics from the K850i going head to head.

Does any1 have any facts of the platform & hardware used in the K850 sourced from SE??!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic