Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > backup files from K800 internal file system

1234  Next
Author backup files from K800 internal file system
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-09-10 05:35
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
At present there is no ability to backup files from your K800 file system using far or xs++. You can use FAR to browse the file system, and to copy files to the file system, but it's not possible to copy file from the file system to the computer (if you try they are zero bytes - empty files)

However using default_upgrade.xml, it's possible to make the phone itself copy the files from internal to say the other folder.

This is how it's done.

Use this app to create a custom default_upgrade.xml that will copy the files you want: http://forums.se-nse.net/inde[....]485&hl=default_upgrade+creator

you then add the file you want to copy, specify the source path of the file in the files sytem you want toopy, and the destination path you want to copy it to.

this will create the default_upgrade.xml file that you then copy to the phone using far (/tpa/preset/default). Upon starting the phone, the files will be copied to the folder you specify in destination.
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-09-11 06:19
incase anyone needs it (bump)
verszipo
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-09-11 11:39
Hy.

I've found a simpler method to do it, specially if you want to backup the entire phonedata.

I've made a little BATch fie that creates the XML file for you from a directory structure, so, to back up the phonedata this is what you have to do :

1. go to http://www.codeproject.com/cpp/BatchFileColors.asp and download the demo project, we'll need the cecolor.exe file (i don't know how to attach files or i would have attached the file myself)
2. using far manager copy your phone data to a folder, for example c:/k800-backup , i know you'll get 0 sized files, but we need the folder and file structure
3. copy in that folder the cecho.exe file and the following batch file :
Code:

@echo off

set out_file=default_upgrade.xml

::create the header of the file
cecho {0x3c}?xml version={0x22}1.0{0x22} encoding={0x22}UTF-8{0x22}?{0x3e}{n}>%out_file%
cecho {0x3c}customization{0x3e}{n}>>%out_file%
cecho {0x3c}file-operations{0x3e}{n}>>%out_file%

FOR /R %%A IN (*.*) DO @CALL :_listfiles %%A
goto :_NextStep

:_listfiles
cecho {0x3c}file-op parse-mask={0x22}fa{0x22} op={0x22}copy{0x22} source={0x22}%1{0x22} dest={0x22}usb/backup/%1{0x22}/{0x3e}{\n}>>%out_file%
goto :_Exit

:_NextStep
cecho {0x3c}/file-operations{0x3e}{n}>>%out_file%
cecho {0x3c}/customization{0x3e}{n}>>%out_file%
:_Exit

4. using a text editor open default_upgrade.xml and replace all occurances of "c:/k800-backup" with "" (empty string), of course if your folder was different then use that for replacing.
5. replace all "" characters with "/" characters (if you don't do this then no files will be copied, i discovered it the hard way )
6. upload the resulting default_upgrade.xml to your phone to /tpa/preset/default.
6. restart the phone (actually start it as it was off)
7. copy your backed up phone data from usb/backup

Have fun, i hope this helped a lot of people

P.S. don't worry deleting the file and stuff, it will be deleted automatically when you restart the phone (even if no file has been actually copied )

Edited by verszipo :
- changed a few little bugs in the script
- hopefully fixed the backslashes

[ This Message was edited by: verszipo on 2007-09-12 08:44 ]

[ This Message was edited by: verszipo on 2007-09-12 08:47 ]
verszipo
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-09-11 12:14
Just in case anybody wonders,
after doing a complete backup on a k800i i've got about 12Mb of data, and the data has been stored in the phone, not in the memory card, but you can still copy it if you put the phone in "file transfer mode" after connecting the USB cable.

P.S. also i didn't use any other hacks/software like for example davinci's programs, all i used was the far manager with the SEFP plugin (with DB202 CID52 support).
Aware
T650 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-09-11 12:33
What a pain, you have to join the site to get the .exe......

p990i(r6d), n82-1(20.0.062)
* treat people as you expect to be treated! *
a-zott platinum/tttt in ~3 years...
rip expanded call lists!
verszipo
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-09-11 13:09
Sorry about that, as i said i don't know how to attach the file.
If anybody gives me a method to atach the file then i'll attach it and you won't need to login to CodeProject.

Actually, i've managed in a different way, the file is on rapidshare, here's the link : http://rapidshare.com/files/54915156/cecho.exe

[ This Message was edited by: verszipo on 2007-09-11 13:14 ]
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-09-11 14:17
join up is fast and efficient - I didn't have to wait and they sent the confirmation even before I clicked the confirmation email link.

This is a great method, though for only a few files at a time I' still prefer the other method. However this is VERY good for backing up ALL files

btw, backward slashes get ignored as bbcode thinks it's code and hides it.

[ This Message was edited by: max_wedge on 2007-09-11 13:56 ]

[ This Message was edited by: max_wedge on 2007-09-11 13:58 ]

[ This Message was edited by: max_wedge on 2007-09-11 13:58 ]
testuser9
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-09-11 14:58
works perfect, thx for the trick with cecho.exe
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-09-11 15:52
after you put all the backslashes in the right place!!
testuser9
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-09-11 17:25
i did know the trick with default_upgrade.xml /cmz_config.xml since like when it was posted on se-nse, so had no problem finding out what he ment
kosmosavia
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-09-11 18:03
Could someone show an example line from the default_upgrade.xml?
Also, can you do this selectively, or does it have to be done for all files (also those you don't need)?

Thanks!
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-09-12 01:32
Because of the missing backslashes, this method will not work as it is displayed by the forum, and I'm having problems getting the bbcode to display backslashes properly!!

So to use the batch file method use the download below. I stuffed around for ages last night and it worked flawlessly once I got all the backslashes right. Then I found versipo's method posted at se-nse (where he also attached the batch file with the correct code in it). D'oh!

So here it is for esatonians, via rapidshare, all credit should go to versipo for the method and batch file.

http://rapidshare.com/files/55040239/batch_method.rar.html

@kosmosavia, yes it can be done selectively. before you run the batch file, delete any of the generated 0 byte files you don't want. Then the batch file will create a defaul_upgrade with only those file you want copied.

[ This Message was edited by: max_wedge on 2007-09-12 00:43 ]
kosmosavia
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-09-12 02:29
Works perfect! Thanks verszipo and max_wedge!
verszipo
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-09-12 09:40
Sorry about the backslashes, i didn't see the forum doesn't accept those, i don't really know why

It seems that when i edit the post the "Edit post" window shows the HTML code but doesn't convert the slash/backslash that's why it looses the slash/backslash.

Anyways, on SE-NSe somebody told me that in order to copy the IFS (and probably the QUEUE) folder you have to write the path in uppercase, haven't tested yet, but seems quite logical

BTW, since the BAT file's code that i post seems to get screwed up i think it's best to download the archive posted by max_wedge (he included the BAT file, the CECHO program and some instructions too).

Thanx Max_Edge, first of all for the info about default_upgrade.xml and second for creating the archive and posting it, i didn't think i could use Rapidshare, silly me

[ This Message was edited by: verszipo on 2007-09-12 08:53 ]
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-09-12 13:31
no worries, this is a great method, and it's great you were willing to share your ideas and batch code. I'm happy to do my bit spreading it around.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi