Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > Im off to NZ- adventure holiday- nz members read!

Author Im off to NZ- adventure holiday- nz members read!
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2007-09-06 18:47
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
well, after going on a little trip to the mountains couple weeks back, first time snowboarding, im off overseas now!

those im going with booked their trips months back, i decided a few days after i got back from my snow trip. so was a rushed decision. same people i went to Mt Hotham with are coming along, they convinced me, said i had some talent for a first timer snowboarder though im low on cash, sorta, i mean im better off saving it, but i thought, hey, what the hell, i only live once, so why not!!!!

any who, im off to New Zealand for some what of an adventure holiday/ extreme sports tour....

will mainly be situated in Wanaka, staying not to far from the lake (hotel in link below) .....will be going to Cadrona, Treble Cone etc...
http://www.bayviewwanaka.co.nz

also plan on getting to Queenstown, got a rental car so can travel anywhere.

will be leaving this Sunday morning, 4:30am at the airport, 7am flight.

Those NZ members on here, any suggestions of any must do's?

been snowing there a bit last couple of days ive noticed online, hopefully we get some fresh powder!

currently lined up is 4-5days of snowboarding, bungee (spelling?) jumping (bit scared ) white water rafting, a nudie/naked run will be FREEZING! and possibly some heliboarding (jumping out of a helicopter at top of mountain) though im not that advanced can do the hard runs though...

So ill be away from Esato for a little while, September 9th-16th, dont miss me too much.

pray i come back in one piece and with no broken bones

[ This Message was edited by: >500 on 2007-09-06 17:52 ]
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2007-09-06 18:54
Sounds great matey, I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time. Don't fancy the nudie run though, can't have bits freezing and falling off. Don't forget to post loads of pictures though when you get back.

>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2007-09-06 18:59
im not fancying the bungee jumping i will have to face my fears! nudie run, not so sure about, might sit it out and watch, will be fun though and yes COLD, dont want anything freezing off. my brothers and couple others went last year, or yr before? they jumped into an icy river in shorts only for about 5 seconds and sprinted out, they were almost purple in colour by standers looked on and laughed as they ran to the car and grabbed the towels.... maybe do it in a pair of jox will take plenty of photos, just none of the nudie run will be shown here

[ This Message was edited by: >500 on 2007-09-06 18:00 ]
Evilchap
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2007-09-07 00:24
I think you will enjoy the trip, dont be chicken and make sure you do at least on bunjy.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2007-09-07 01:35
Ah, I don't think I'm scared of heights but I think I've seen too many 'When Bungees Go Wrong' programs on the TV.

Snowboarding, I'd love to have a go at that.
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-09-07 04:22
So you're comming over to the 'land of the long white cloud' eh?

I live in Auckland (3) If you'll be up here, PM me and I'll send you my phone number.

Visit South Island for scenery especially the lower south. Marlborough (18)and Gisbourne (12) for wine, National Park (11) for more skiing, Rotorua (9)for Maori Culture and Geothermal Activity (geysers, boiling mud, etc), White Island for an Active Volcano, Wellington (17) for Te Papa (NZ's National museum) including one of only 10 Britten Motorcycles ever built, and Auckland for Sailing/Watersports - swimming with dolphins and sailing on a genuine America's Cup yacht, island day trips, etc.

Be aware that NZ will be in the grip of Rugby World Cup (All Blacks) and NRL Finals (NZ Warriors) Fever, so as long as neither team loses to it's respective Australian rivals you should be OK

Enjoy your trip!
Best Debater - Esato Awards 2010
Best Phone Review - Esato Awards 2008
Visiting NZ with your mobile - all you need to know
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2007-09-08 09:44
thanks for the ideas carkitter

i dont think i will be coming to Auckland. Though pm your number incase.

not too worried bout the rugby btw, Storm will win the NRL finals and Wallabies will beat NZ if they meet each other

not long now! need to be at the airport at 4:30am tomorrow morning. not looking forward to that, ah well, at least we get to hang about in the Qantas lounge, for free, and free breakfast too at a friends work...
Alexandra
W810 white
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-09-08 10:05

On 2007-09-07 01:35:38, goldenface wrote:
Ah, I don't think I'm scared of heights but I think I've seen too many 'When Bungees Go Wrong' programs on the TV.

My mum uses those kind of programs on me.... [addsig]
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2007-09-13 10:44
just a quick hello from NZ.

having a great time so far, bro dislocated his ribcage or what ever today though going down a half pipe. His out for 6 weeks now!!! and its snowing just now, he's reall pi*s*d off now as a result. obviously he cant snowboard any more.....

ciao ciao
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi