Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Sony Ericsson president steps down

Author Sony Ericsson president steps down
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2007-09-04 15:21
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
He sounds Japanese. He joined Sony in 1967.
mib1800
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-09-04 15:22

On 2007-09-04 15:09:02, Residentevil wrote:
The king is dead. Long live the king.

most kings nowadays have ceremonial roles only.
mode
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2007-09-04 15:26
It would be quite an auspicious occasion if he takes SE's 'no consumer contact' policy with him

[ This Message was edited by: mode on 2007-09-04 14:34 ]
mario2004
J200
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-09-04 17:00
Apparently he was seen with a N95 lately. He got it as a present from Nokia Europe The S60 is a ways more attractive platform then the Uiq. I hope they will offer him a 'decent' position, on the other hand I guess, a Store manager job will do it - to begin with
'Better govern our selfs the wrong way, then be governed by 'others' the right way.'
- Robert Mugabe - Freedom fighter comarade, peoples hero and President of Zimbabwe.
michael the mage
Z800
PM
Posted: 2007-09-04 17:52
Lets cross fingers that SE phones now get an improvement [addsig]
PeterKay
W995 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-09-04 18:09
All the best Mr Flint

can only get better.
JuanPablo
W610 Orange
PM
Posted: 2007-09-04 18:35
After 17 years working for Sony and ... can u blame him?

mobse
W850 white
PM
Posted: 2007-09-04 23:11
Thanks Mr. Flint!
Welcome Komiyama-sama!

If Hideki Komiyama is the man behind the VAIO revival strategy, that is hopefully reason enough to believe that SE will continue going strong. His track record sounds impressive and he's no beginner.

However, this might be slightly subjective coming from a happy VAIO user...

As for the laments about Mr. Flint successor not being an Ericsson man (or woman), cheer up, we are talking about Sony Ericsson here, not the other way round. Maybe next time, though.
JuanPablo
W610 Orange
PM
Posted: 2007-09-04 23:38
Here a little biography:

Hideki Komiyama , Chairman of the Board - Sony Electronics Inc.
Executive Vice President - Electronics Marketing and Sales Strategies, Sony Corporation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hideki “Dick” Komiyama became Sony Electronics’ chairman of the board and Sony’s corporate executive vice president and senior general manager for Sony Corporation in April 2006. In this role, he will take what he has accomplished at Sony Electronics and apply it worldwide.

Prior to this position, he was president and chief operating officer of SEL since spring 2003. In this role he oversaw the company’s evolution from the digital marketplace into the broadband future by advocating the advancement of groundbreaking electronics devices and services to enhance consumer lifestyles and develop new business-to-business solutions.

Before that role, he was president of Sony’s Electronic Devices Marketing Group in Tokyo where he was responsible for the global sales and marketing of semiconductors, devices and components.

Komiyama joined Sony in 1967. Throughout his prestigious career, he has held a number of strategic management positions in both the United States and Tokyo.

Komiyama’s first major contribution to Sony has been recognized as his development of the powerful consumer marketing and sales operation in the United States. He was directly responsible for launching Sony’s Trinitron® color televisions and influencing the development and growth of Sony’s consumer business in the United States.

More recently, Komiyama accomplished the establishment of Sony’s PC business in the U.S. market. He was responsible for re-strategizing and re-launching the VAIO® brand at a time when Sony’s presence in the highly competitive computer industry was barely noted.

Komiyama holds an M.B.A. from the Wharton School of Business and Finance and completed the Advanced Management Program at Harvard Business School in 1988. He earned his B.S. in electrical engineering from Waseda University in Tokyo. He serves as executive vice president of the Japanese Chamber of Commerce in N.Y.

Source: http://news.sel.sony.com/en/c[....]s/release/Hideki_Komiyama.html

He seems very capable in my opinion
bart
Ericsson T68
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-09-05 00:49
why always a sony guy? why don't sony just buy the remaining 50% from Ericsson?
almost everything about an SE phone is sony.
and thats why sales will start to stabelize, fans will be lost, profit will go down
With Ericsson and Nokia gone: we must keep their spirits alive and buy JOLLA or YOTA
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2007-09-05 01:02
Neva heard that Nokia changes people at the helm this FAST . . . Motorola already did then . . . [addsig]
nikos_se
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2011-08-12 15:10
sorry for bumping this thread...but i was just looking at Gartner Q2 2011 shipments and sony ericsson was almost out of the top 10 manufacturers with a 1.7% market share.It's a shame Sony Ericsson has lacked a president that can lead them through this times....Do u think if miles flint stayed,sony ericsson would have been in a better position??Or was sony ericsson doomed whoever the CEO was?
mode
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2011-08-14 02:05
It was during Miles Flint's time that decided to dilute all of their Walkman and Cybershot premium products into cheap, dodgy copies and replicate them by the millions leaving a vacuum of cutting edge stuff in the smartphone front that was only filled by the extremely buggy P990. That marked 's downward spiral. Now people don't trust those imaging and audio brand names anymore and SE has been playing catch up in the hardware front ever since, never introducing cutting edge technology anymore, just 'claims' of cutting edge technology like Exmor-R and Bravia engine, a legacy left behind by Miles Flint. If they stop assuming people are stupid and would just buy their false advertising and instead start to really lead in the technological front then maybe there's hope. Or at least give real emphasis again on imaging and audio, not the stunt they pulled with the last Xperia lineup that once again has diluted the Exmor branding. Or support claims of 'multimedia powerhouse' by simply supporting .avi, .mkv etc., popular video formats natively instead of forcing people to encode with their lame Media Go which produces below par video encoding which doesn't do justice to the playback on their devices. Pure stupidity if you ask me since it is just software optimization/enhancement which they have full expertise on. Depending on 3rd party apps is unacceptable. They are still playing Miles Flint's game that has seen them slip from #3 to #10. The need to wake up from this vicious cycle before it's too late
Ericsson EH97, GA628, GF768, A2618s, T29s Sony Ericsson T68i, S700i, P990i, Z558i, W902, W995, X10, Arc S
*Xperia V*White*Black MW600*Sandisk Mobile Ultra 64GB microSDXC*
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-08-14 02:28
Sad but true. I need to decide what i wanna stick with phone wise. And manufacturer. I have mostly for years stuck by or always ended up returning to Sony Ericsson. But in the end i just end up let down Shame really. Its too late i think for them to catch up. Were they ever number one at any point?
Phone?? What phone??
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi