Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > O2 Blackberry Curve questions

Author O2 Blackberry Curve questions
alexho
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2007-08-26 21:03
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Just bought this Blackberry Curve on eBay

it said:

Please note before you bid this is for spares or repairs only and is sold as seen no warranty or returns. UK Bidders only please

Phone is as new in original box,complete with charger,usb cable,blackberry software,pouch, and all booklets ,also has a 128mb micro sd card installed,phone powers up and all the functions are there,camera works fine,music and video player works,i bought this to use my pay as you go simcard on 02,but it wont work,nor do any other pay as you go sims,just a paperweight to me now,no reserve goes to the highest bidder,ime sure this is an easy fix for someone who knows what there doing.please do not bid if you are expecting a fully operational phone.

Do u think this phone is a stolen one or just a faulty handset? If it is a stolen one, can I still use it in HK after I get it unlock?

Is there anyway I could get it unlock cheaply online or any esato member can provide the unlocking service? Thanks in advance!

gaming_guy
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-08-26 21:08
if a phone is blocked in the uk it will work in any other country apart from the uk.

Sammy_boy took a blocked phone on holiday with him to another country and it worked

K700i > K750i > K810i (current phone)
alexho
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2007-08-26 21:14

On 2007-08-26 21:08:19, gaming_guy wrote:
if a phone is blocked in the uk it will work in any other country apart from the uk.

Sammy_boy took a blocked phone on holiday with him to another country and it worked

I am not sure whether the phone is blocked or faulty though! Is there anywhere I could send the phone to check??
alexho
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2007-08-27 00:31
anyone owned a BB Curve in here pls?
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-08-27 01:49

On 2007-08-26 21:03:48, alexho wrote:

it said:

Please note before you bid this is for spares or repairs only and is sold as seen no warranty or returns. UK Bidders only please

Phone is as new in original box,complete with charger,usb cable,blackberry software,pouch, and all booklets ,also has a 128mb micro sd card installed,phone powers up and all the functions are there,camera works fine,music and video player works,i bought this to use my pay as you go simcard on 02,but it wont work,nor do any other pay as you go sims,just a paperweight to me now,no reserve goes to the highest bidder,ime sure this is an easy fix for someone who knows what there doing.please do not bid if you are expecting a fully operational phone.

Do u think this phone is a stolen one or just a faulty handset? If it is a stolen one, can I still use it in HK after I get it unlock?

Is there anyway I could get it unlock cheaply online or any esato member can provide the unlocking service? Thanks in advance!

1> OK your 1ST worry = phone is for parts only & repair, yet eBay seller states its new in BOX? DON"T BUY.

2> If you EVER EVER EVER even the SLIGHTEST think that a BB is STOLEN DON"T BUY IT! Don't DO it, Don't DO it, Don't DO it - because you CAN'T DO IT so ... Don't DO it! PERIOD!

* BB's have the ability IF on a CORPORATE BES to be WHIPED & if they're tried to be activated again not only will the original provider know, but the BES Admin can see if its has a data signal and DELETE or WIPE all data remotely. Chances of you setting up EVEN for personal usuage = NIL! So you now have a PUCK. Its called IT POLICY!

I KNOW this because I troubleshoot BB's every day in a corporate environment & I'm the HD focal for our entire HD. Higher than me is the BB Admins (control Desk reps as well; but I know a bit more about BB's & BES ). So don't buy from this EBay Seller.

IF you're dead set that this is the deal of the century have the seller record using the BB unit in close up video (so you can read whats on the screen). Have them goto
Settings Folder (not all provider Themes will have this AT&T does)> Options> About (the first screen will tell the model, firmware, & platform).
Then have them goto Options> Status (This will have the unique BB PIN# - essential!) NOT the PIN and AGREE with the Seller either on EBay Communicae or Via DIRECT EMAIL from the Seller that if the model SHIPPED you cannot even view the Menu or even setup for personal email or corporate & Also if the PIN# doesn't match ALL BETS are OFF and RETURN for FULL REFUND or Don't pay & RETURN without any recourse towards you.

Is that enough infor?
alexho
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2007-08-27 02:08

On 2007-08-27 01:49:39, Prom1 wrote:

On 2007-08-26 21:03:48, alexho wrote:

it said:

1> OK your 1ST worry = phone is for parts only & repair, yet eBay seller states its new in BOX? DON"T BUY.

2> If you EVER EVER EVER even the SLIGHTEST think that a BB is STOLEN DON"T BUY IT! Don't DO it, Don't DO it, Don't DO it - because you CAN'T DO IT so ... Don't DO it! PERIOD!

* BB's have the ability IF on a CORPORATE BES to be WHIPED & if they're tried to be activated again not only will the original provider know, but the BES Admin can see if its has a data signal and DELETE or WIPE all data remotely. Chances of you setting up EVEN for personal usuage = NIL! So you now have a PUCK. Its called IT POLICY!

I KNOW this because I troubleshoot BB's every day in a corporate environment & I'm the HD focal for our entire HD. Higher than me is the BB Admins (control Desk reps as well; but I know a bit more about BB's & BES ). So don't buy from this EBay Seller.

IF you're dead set that this is the deal of the century have the seller record using the BB unit in close up video (so you can read whats on the screen). Have them goto
Settings Folder (not all provider Themes will have this AT&T does)> Options> About (the first screen will tell the model, firmware, & platform).
Then have them goto Options> Status (This will have the unique BB PIN# - essential!) NOT the PIN and AGREE with the Seller either on EBay Communicae or Via DIRECT EMAIL from the Seller that if the model SHIPPED you cannot even view the Menu or even setup for personal email or corporate & Also if the PIN# doesn't match ALL BETS are OFF and RETURN for FULL REFUND or Don't pay & RETURN without any recourse towards you.

Is that enough infor?

Many thanks for the information. I have never own a BB b4 so know nothing about that! Will try to communicate with the seller to find out what's wrong with the device! Many thanks again!
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-08-27 02:22
Anytime man Anytime.

OS Should be 4.2 minimum on a BB Curve (8300)

* 8300 is pure data.
* 8310 also has GPS chip within.
* 8800's have GPS chip within.
* 8820's also have WiFi & GPS chip within.
* upcoming 8320 on Tmobile USA next mth will have EDGE data & WiFi (but NO GPS chip).

* Always always ask the seller if this BB unit (BlackBerry for short = BB) has been on a Corporate BES or Open BES.

* BES = BlackBerrry Enterprise Server - corporations setup wireless email, data & corporate intranet & also IT Policy's (restrictions just like your company PC ... which sites you CANNOT view, which apps you CAN/NOT install, etc etc.)
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
alexho
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2007-08-27 03:20

On 2007-08-27 02:22:48, Prom1 wrote:
Anytime man Anytime.

OS Should be 4.2 minimum on a BB Curve (8300)

* 8300 is pure data.
* 8310 also has GPS chip within.
* 8800's have GPS chip within.
* 8820's also have WiFi & GPS chip within.
* upcoming 8320 on Tmobile USA next mth will have EDGE data & WiFi (but NO GPS chip).

* Always always ask the seller if this BB unit (BlackBerry for short = BB) has been on a Corporate BES or Open BES.

* BES = BlackBerrry Enterprise Server - corporations setup wireless email, data & corporate intranet & also IT Policy's (restrictions just like your company PC ... which sites you CANNOT view, which apps you CAN/NOT install, etc etc.)

wow, i didn't realise there is so many different thing on the BB! I got one sim free no branding BB Curve for my gf and I wanna get one for myself as well. that's the reason why i bought the BB Curve from the eBay seller!
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-08-27 05:43
Cool.

Now maybe we should start a new thread, hmmm.

But here you'll have several messaging options to your wife & back from here.

When you click on the Messages screen and you click the Menu key you should see the following.

Compose Email
Compose SMS
Compose MMS
Compose PIN - this one is like an MMS; it uses the data connection NOT SMS and goes DIRECTLY to the PIN of the BB unit you selected. IF the other person doesn't know ... have them type " mypin " in an email sending it to you and the moment they hit the space after typing mypin it'll be replaced with their BB models PIN #. This you can save directly to a contact and its easier for compose PIN to use from the Address Book app. Also its used in BB Messenger instant messenger app.

Any other questions let me know.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
alexho
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2007-08-28 00:15
wow! that's cool! thanks for those info mate! Will let u know about the sistuation after I receive the BB Curve later in the week! Cheers!
alexho
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2007-08-31 01:43
I have got my BB today and it's like a brand new unit but the problem is I couldn't make any call even I got the network name and signal strength showing on screen. I phoned the network and checked if the BB has been blocked and I was being told that it isn't and has never register with the network. I am going to the network store later in the week to ask them how could i make calls with the BB. My other one has got no problem at all!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi