Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > Nokia N95 and Samsung SGH-U700 win EISA awards

12  Next
Author Nokia N95 and Samsung SGH-U700 win EISA awards
laffen
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2007-08-16 14:37
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
The European Imaging and Sound Association (EISA) annual award for best European Media Phone was given to Nokia N95 and European Mobile Phone award to Samsung SGH-U700
Esato News

The EISA argument for awarding N95 the best Media Phone:
Within the Nokia N95's exceptionally ergonomic housing resides practically every feature one could imagine in a mobile device. The list includes GPS navigation system, Google Earth, 5 Megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss lens, MPEG4 video capture up to 30 fps, HSDPA data access up to 3.5 Mb/s, an advanced web browser, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, infrared, USB connections, microSD slot, audio reproduction of multiple audio formats (MP3/AAC/AAC+/eAAC+/WMA/M4A) and more. It's no mere mobile phone and no mere status symbol. Pick up a Nokia N95 and you hold in your hands a state-of-the-art communication tool – the ideal way to remain permanently in touch and on track with the world that surrounds you

The EISA argument for awarding U700 the best Mobile Phone:Nokia N95
It's not only the striking sleek design of Samsung's SGH-U700 slider handset that appeals to today's mobile phone user. Equally impressive is the ability to boost data transmission speeds up to ten times faster than normal UMTS through the use of HSDPA - an impressive performance. Of course today's mobile phones are not only for talking, and accordingly the '700' supports audio-compression technologies such as MP3, AAC and AAC+ with its integrated mobile audio player, and video-compression technologies such as MPEG4 with its video player. The built-in 3.2-megapixel camera, with 4x digital zoom, adds to its versatility. A handy 'U Go' feature automatically adapts the display as travellers change locales: there are day and night scenes for 64 countries, including Castle Neuschwanstein in Germany, the Sagrada Familia cathedral in Spain, and a traditional windmill in the Netherlands.

The jury in both categories consisted of these European magazines: Audio & Cinema - Portugal, Audio Review - Italy, Hifi Vidéo Home - France, HIGHfidelity - Denmark, Le Photographe - France, Ljud & Bild - Sweden, Media Totaal - Netherlands, Sound Vision - Greece, Stereo & Video -j Czech Republic and Sztereó Sound&Vision - Hungary.

It is not the first time Nokia receive an award from EISA. Nokika N93 won the Media Phone category last year and Nokia N90 won the same category in 2005/2006. The European Mobile Phone category was first awarded this year.

About EISA
EISA is the largest editorial multimedia organization in Europe, with a membership of 50 Audio, Mobile Electronics, Video and Photo magazines drawn from 20 European countries. At the end of June all EISA member magazines come together in an European city for the most important meeting in the year - the elections of the European Samsung SHG-U700Awards. From all products introduced during the preceding twelve months, each panel must choose the best equipment in each category. One strength of EISA's European Awards is their flexible approach. The Awards categories, for example, are not recreated automatically every year. If the jury decides that, during the previous 12 months, and within a certain category, there have been introduced no new products that really deserve an Award, which category can be cancelled temporarily. On the other hand our juries are aware of the need to follow market conditions, so every year there is the opportunity to introduce new categories.

In June each year, the editors-in-chief from all EISA member magazines meet to decide which of products analyzed in their publications during the past year deserve the coveted EISA Award. The six categories under consideration are: Audio, Video, Home Theater, Photography, Mobile Electronics and Convergence. There is no doubt that this EISA Award is the most prestigious honour for a consumer electronics manufacturer to receive in Europe and this year around 56 products were declared as "Best Product" in their category by the EISA judges for the period 2006-2007.

SMS
Z550a Black
PM
Posted: 2007-08-16 14:57
they both deserved it!!

N95 is the current most feature-rich phone.

U700 combines one great design with sleek body and a not-so-bad feature set too!

:applaud:
MWEB
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-08-16 14:59
HaHa i agree with you SMS, there's a rareity.
SMS
Z550a Black
PM
Posted: 2007-08-16 15:22
mweb6161! hey I feel like home again!

back to topic: here's nokia bragging about it:

http://www.nokia.com/A4136001?newsid=1146866

[ This Message was edited by: SMS on 2007-08-16 14:25 ]
Nickp990
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2007-08-17 03:29
nokia n95 wow.gratest phone.ther best i ever seen
N N N sorry for my english

Love my p990 and Esato forum!
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2007-08-17 03:45
If only K850 and W960 have been available earlier, then i'm sure N95 wont aquire the throne it obviously doesn't deserved
10 years at Esato
Dextrr
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-08-17 04:16
Congrats to Nokia and Samsung! Nokia for un-rivaled above "state of the art" specs and Samsung for killer looks! This award, hopefully, will encourage Nokia to make better high-tech convergence handsets and Samsung more thin and stylish devices.
Dextrr
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-08-17 04:22

On 2007-08-17 03:45:11, razec wrote:
If only K850 and W960 have been available earlier, then i'm sure N95 wont aquire the throne it obviously doesn't deserved

Hello Razec -

I hope you are being sarcastic when you said that, because I don't see the W960 or K850 winning against the N95. The W960 is a superb music phone. The K850 is an amazing camera phone. But the N95 is both plus GPS and DVD quality VGA recording, the jury would still have voted for the N95, don't you think?
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2007-08-17 06:09
Congratulations to nokia. Despite the slider, built quality issues and not so convincing 5mp camera quality the n95 is head and shoulders above other phones. No complaints from me there. As for samsung I'm shocked to say the least! I don't agree with the judging committee on this one.
rockygali
K810 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-08-17 06:13
those guys who feel sorry for SE... ei cmon!

we all have bad hair day! this is one of those....
thats wot i said on the other thread about SE steppin on the pedal...

and just wait till next year... lotsa show stoppers! its gonna be a good one for all of us.
"Darkness is the absence of light.. and not the opposite..."
SMS
Z550a Black
PM
Posted: 2007-08-17 14:47

On 2007-08-17 06:13:13, rockygali wrote:
those guys who feel sorry for SE... ei cmon!

we all have bad hair day! this is one of those....
thats wot i said on the other thread about SE steppin on the pedal...

and just wait till next year... lotsa show stoppers! its gonna be a good one for all of us.

I can't see why you folks are expecting so much from such a small company, isn't it expected that the winners will be from the biggest two companies(on the marketshare scale)?

Samsung (for example) is one company with tremendous R&D and production powers, and by that they have the widest phone protfolio amongst the top 5!

[ This Message was edited by: SMS on 2007-08-17 13:48 ]
himlims_nl
T65 blue
PM
Posted: 2007-08-17 15:22
i do to find the results quite odd
yes it's true n95 does have a lot of features, but they are quite buggy
rather find the 6110 a better phone.
since it got solid housing, average camera, but usable navigation software

but the u700 .... no way ... no way this phone makes you think you have a sagem (such cheap and crappy plastic is used)
[T65/T68/T610/T630/W810/K610/K700/K750/P800/P910/P990/K850] - [ Esato Knowledge database ]
how can i be at your service?
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-08-17 15:27
@himlims_nl

Sorry but you really don't know what you are talking about the N95 has had two firmware revisions in a very short period of time and has the sort of speed and stability any SE smart phone would kill for buggy it most certainly isn't other wise i doubt 1.5 million would of been sold in the first few months and it is still continuing to sell well now.

Now if you want a buggy phone choose an SE smart phone that's one award they can win easily no contest.

Marc

Honoured to have won BEST DEBATER

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-08-18 16:08 ]
Nickp990
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2007-08-17 20:41
i will wait se, what they will give us after p1 and if i will didnot like it i will become nokia user suarly
N N N sorry for my english

Love my p990 and Esato forum!
brix25
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-08-17 20:56
N95 is a monster of phone, when Nokias work perfectly there's very few phones that come close. Have to agree with some posters though regarding the dodgy-looking slide mechanism and the plastic finish on the N95.
Liar liar pants on fire/ You burning up like David Koresh- Ghostface Killah
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi