Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > P1i Green Tint on Photos - FIXED by firmware????

Previous  123 ... 1415 161718  Next
Author P1i Green Tint on Photos - FIXED by firmware????
chlee
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-01-14 10:05
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi all,

I have discovered that the green tint is not caused by faulty camera hardware! It is the software problem! How do you confirm this?

1. Go to service menu and test the rear camera!

2. When you shoot a photo after the preview screen, you will see the true 'colour' of the object you are shooting for 1 second ,there is definitely no green tint in this 'true preview'! But strangely in the preview and shot photos the green tint is there.

Does anyone know after you shoot a photo why is there a 1sec after shot view? And that this shot view is the most beautiful and true of colours?!
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2008-01-14 10:13
I don't know, but perhaps what the person above said means it happens when the phone is compressing the image to a smaller file size.

I always remember with my Z600, after taking a picture you saw its proper good quality for a second before it compressed it and made it crappy looking. There was a trick to keep pressing the middle button on the D-Pad after taking a picture and it would save a non-compressed version because you told it to save before it could be compressed. And yes, the Z600 is hardly a comparison to the P1, I know.
This message was posted in the mail
2008, 2009, 2010 Best Australasian Member.
chlee
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-01-14 10:14
Someone help me verify if the green tint is solved in the following photographs.

[ This Message was edited by: chlee on 2008-01-14 14:55 ]
kradcliffe
P910
PM
Posted: 2008-01-14 19:09
Seems more purple on the left side and green on the right which is pretty much as before. The image quality on the P1i is very poor IMO, but the jury is still out on whether it is the sensor or the processing.

Not sure really, but the photos you have taken are still not good IMO.....
pt020
W800
PM
Posted: 2008-01-15 11:09

On 2008-01-14 10:05:13, Muhummad-Oli wrote:

On 2008-01-14 09:54:34, pt020 wrote:
...i think they should recall all the phones and give us new ones!!! if not this will be also my last Sony Ericsson ...

If SE recalled all P1s they would have a massive cost on their hands, and this for something very minor as the images in most cases are still ok even with the tint. For example, the first people in this thread didn't even notice until they were told about it. So SE really shouldn't bother. They could fix it up in the P1s they are manufacturing currently though.

It really is nothing to leave SE over. The problem affects just one model in the range and most other cameras are fine in terms of quality per mega pixel (for a mobile phone). Leaving SE over such a small problem would be silly. It would be like having an N95 which is apparently brilliant, but never buying a Nokia again because the N95 has bad battery life.

If camera quality is so dear to you, and you want no green tint, then I suggest you buy a dedicated digital camera

you think it is something minor... I don"t! the photos look really bad my old W800i makes much better pictures ... i do not pay 400€ for nothing ... this P1i Su*ks ... WiFi is slow ,get stuck daily,browser is really bad and slow it you compare it to the iphone ... touch screen too,the walkman is with no volume the EQ
can not be manually controled and music starts always from no1 and not the last you played,shuf does not work at all ...tried all settings.
trackID stopped working ... says it is only for SE phones ... thought i had one
the camera is sh*t ... and you are worried of sony ericsson? in that price you can have a N82 that does everything better .... my next phone will not be an SE
i do not want to walk with few app on the street ...what to have a discent camera with me like the W800i had,when you "upgrade" from 2MP to 3.2 you expect 60% better picture,and not worst
show me one picture from P1i (or any SE3,2MP camera) that is better then this few made by my old W800i

as you see i did not need een extra Digi.camera with me ... now i need

Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2008-01-15 14:25
Fair enough mate. I was going only by what you said in the previous post. I didn't know you had other problems with it, sorry

The WiFi is slow because it is WiFi 802.11 b and not the faster 802.11 g. You probably knew that though

5nak3
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-01-15 15:12
to the poster who was having the rant, picture quality at the end of the day is a relative thing, what you may consider quality may be rubbish for someone else. In any case, when you say show me a SE camera that can produce pictures as good as these, you have to remember that there are many factors to consider, light being the most important.

Remember no one will ever be in the exact same setting as you were. While i do not claim the p1 camera to be an amazing piece of hardware, you have to understand the only true way of producing a valid arguement to the statemnet my w800 or what ever it is called is better then the p1i is to take the same photo in the same situation at the same time.

Again i am not defending teh camera but rather pointing out that there is a flaw to the argument you are using.
chlee
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-01-16 08:08
I would say the pic taken by p1i is still acceptable. Yours is taken with max pixel range whilst mine is minimum.

Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2008-01-16 12:45
It looks fine to me for simple snapshot shooting. If I was taking pictures solely for viewing on my phone or viewing at a size like the ones shown above, then the P1i's quality is fine. Not great, just fine.
pt020
W800
PM
Posted: 2008-01-17 11:56

On 2008-01-15 15:12:36, 5nak3 wrote:
to the poster who was having the rant, picture quality at the end of the day is a relative thing, what you may consider quality may be rubbish for someone else. In any case, when you say show me a SE camera that can produce pictures as good as these, you have to remember that there are many factors to consider, light being the most important.

Remember no one will ever be in the exact same setting as you were. While i do not claim the p1 camera to be an amazing piece of hardware, you have to understand the only true way of producing a valid arguement to the statemnet my w800 or what ever it is called is better then the p1i is to take the same photo in the same situation at the same time.

Again i am not defending teh camera but rather pointing out that there is a flaw to the argument you are using.

no i did some of the things you say and the pictures above are in different time and light conditions ... first was in the night,secont in the sun,3-in the evening ... got still both phones and last week i just did what you asked and posted it on another forum ... http://www.pocket.co.il/commu[....]?t=214006&page=3&highlight=P1i
the weather was bad for both phones,was gray and windy,will do it again ..but take a look anyway,the ones with the date on are from the W800i without P1i

[URL=http://www.upit.ws/picture.php?file=6fb5eabd8043b.JPG][/URL
i always use the same settings ... try them all and would not say just like that that i was stupid to waist my money on it ... most of you can not admit that your phone is not the best in the world.2 weeks before i got the p1i i had the iphone in my hands and this spoiled it all ,it might be "primitive" compare to the P1i but all i need it does much better ... music,internet,touchscreen,easy to use. in all that the P1i s**ks
one thing i forgot to say .... it is the most good looking/beautiful of them all (the P1i)

[ This Message was edited by: pt020 on 2008-01-17 11:01 ]

[ This Message was edited by: pt020 on 2008-01-17 11:05 ]
5nak3
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-01-17 16:41
^^

I had a look at the photos, and yes as you did say they are taken by the two models at the same time and date, so this seems like a fair comparison. So thanks for that, well in my opinion after looking at the photos I've decided that.

Picture 1 - w800 wins
Picture 2 - P1i
Picture 3 - w800 cos the p1i seemed to have a blur
Picture 4 - P1i the colours look much nicer
Picture 5 - I'm not too sure really, the P1i looks overexposed but i think the w800 has more noise.
Picture 6 - P1i i think again the w800 has a bit more noise
Picture 7 - w800 because again the P1 picture is out of focus / blurred.

So really from looking at the two sets to me personally it does look pretty much an even split. Neither camera is amazing yet at the same time i wouldn't be buying either phone for its camera.
pt020
W800
PM
Posted: 2008-01-18 10:35
thanks for taking some time ... you know i did not buy(got it ) this phone for it's camera,walkman ... but
2 1/5 years ago when i bought the W800i i loved it from the first moment ... it did everything well and somethings better then i expected,was the swiss army phone,had everything with me all the time,the walkman sound was better then my HD3,20GB MP3 player so one of the app. could stay home ,the camera was so good that did not need one,had everything in 99 grams but it was also 2G and i wanted an upgrade wanted something with no cables anymore,stereo bluetoot (got it now,but it is a different drama,it works well but the HBH-220 s**ks too, but it is another story) waited cos there was really nothing on the market to do the job as well as the W800i did + internet and big touch screen,wanted to fall in love again,but for christmas i got the P1i from my partner.... i did not know if i have to be happy or not,it is a beautiful present but not what i needed and now i am stucked with it for a while... if i have bought it my self it would be back in the shop a day after christmas(this feeling i got when i listend to the madia player for the first time ... it is even worst that the player of the K750i of my partner!! no volume at all,no power and even with megabass the bass is low the walkman player MK1 of the W800i is so much better that it hurts to listen to... got great "Bose" headphones and when i was listening to the W800i my ears were moving from the bass the P1i is the worst MP3 player that i ever listened to,this phone does nothing well,the W800i I /we? will all remember the P1i I will try to forget,to be beautiful it is not anough
must say that something i like in it ,but the big picture is a big dissapointment

[ This Message was edited by: pt020 on 2008-01-18 09:51 ]
pt020
W800
PM
Posted: 2008-01-18 10:46
for sale
without the headphones
(i wish i could sale it but it is a present)

[ This Message was edited by: pt020 on 2008-01-18 09:52 ]
technical-expert
W595 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-01-18 10:58
@pt020\\\\

Nice bluetooth with bose headphones.I tried the on ear headphones.How is Sq with it compared to Stock headphones with p1i?.
K700- W800- [W810]- W200-[ P990]=[Current].

One expert at esato that never lets u down
technical-expert.
pt020
W800
PM
Posted: 2008-01-18 11:20

On 2008-01-18 10:58:19, itouch wrote:
@pt020\\\\

Nice bluetooth with bose headphones.I tried the on ear headphones.How is Sq with it compared to Stock headphones with p1i?.

thanks
do not know what is a Sq ...
what can i say about the bose headphones that they are the best i ever had! abd i have had many (still have see pics)
it works very well with the bluetooth set, and the sound is just the same as the normal headset,but you can not ff/rw ... only stop and start(so the phone has to go out of the pocket), the volume adj. is also drama,cos you must keep on pushing and the volume goes up and down ... difficult to find the right volume(phone out of the pocket again) what do i need it then for?
what happened to the old and great remote controls from sony for the walkmans/discmans/minidiscs?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 1415 161718  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic