Author The Mobile Awards
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-08-19 11:24
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2007-08-19 10:58:17, sapporobaby wrote:
Well, define crash.

However, I will be the first to say that I crashed my MBP. I installed a piece of crap software (think so anyway) that was supposed to be a maint utility. Now things crash by themselves for no reason. Not all apps, just a few of the same ones. However, I have never gotten a BSD type crash from my MBP. Still rolling right along.

How yours still runs with KNOWN memory leaks that Windows has is a true testament to computing.

hehe, actually there have been a few instances of testing different software and hardware where crashes have occured. It's always come down to faulty device or device drivers though. This is no different to mac.

And one hard to kill virus that got through one time when I had a direct connection and no hardware or software firewall.

I don't mean the machine has been running straight for years, it's had frequent restarts for upgrading. At the moment the machine is in my bedroom, so I shut it off at night.
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2007-08-19 11:50
I hear ya. No OS is immune from crappy software developers.

I had a big go round with the guys that developed Parallels. When you deleted it, the app left all kinds of crap. I asked them why they did they, and said that this was lazy coding. They got pissed and told me I do not know what I was talking about. Funny thing though, the moment I posted screen shots of their crap left over, they developed an uninstaller for they app.
*edited on a Mac of course. Mac: There is no substitute*

N82(YES), iPhone 3G, Shure es530, Nikon D300, more stuff. No more SE stuff, why am I still here?
Alexandra
W810 white
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-08-19 13:17
C'mon, voting will end tomorrow! [addsig]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic