Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > P1i bugs

Previous  123 ... 34 353637  Next
Author P1i bugs
ares
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-11-26 17:11
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
yeah, i have set two alarms, one for workdays, and other for weekends, and they are ringing has they should...
SE w880 + Iphone 4 16gb
jalf
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-11-26 17:22
yes, alarm is working well as in the p990...
OffLineR
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2007-11-26 17:56

On 2007-11-26 16:49:50, gseh88 wrote:
Are you sure you ticked off all the correct options when you set the alarm? I think the alarm tries to be too clever and ends up confusing most people. For example, if you set it to go off "Once", you must also stipulate the day otherwise it is likely to have the wrong day and surprise, surprise, the alarm does not go off. Only when you set it to go off "Daily" do you stand a good chance of it going off as planned. Of course you then have to remember to switch off the alarm so it doesn't go off the next day.

I haven't changed anything and it was working since I updated to last FW. (at the first they FW released). Only for last two days it gone of the road. I'll try to set another alarm for once(never had a problem) just before my workdays alarm. Than I'll check again.
Forever !!!
alanruncie
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-11-27 21:18
Definite bug in media player.

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=158232&start=45

See updates on page 3 & 4 which shows that the P1 will open and play streams automatically using Realplayer without fault but locks up if it thinks the stream should be played in media viewer.

This is irrespective of using 3G or WLAN

You can also go to http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/mobile to test the P1i's Realplayer for yourself if you've been experiencing streaming problems with other sites ie Youtube mobile, BBC etc

[ This Message was edited by: alanruncie on 2007-11-27 20:18 ]
denosha
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-11-29 04:17
My p1i has developed a new bug related to the alarm but it's somewhat more serious that what has already been discussed. Sometimes in the morning when my alarm is supposed to go off, instead of playing the alarm, my phone seems to just die (can't be sure because i don't hear any alarm go off and by the time i wake up, i already find the phone dead). I have to remove the battery and put it back for the phone to be turned on again. The strange thing is that I did not have this problem before. I thought it might be the mp3 file i was using for the alarm so i switched to one of the built-in tones. Same problem.

Anyone else have this problem? I'm using the firmware from 1 version ago and I'm now wondering if the latest version will solve this problem.
vitrag
P800
PM
Posted: 2007-12-02 10:42

On 2007-08-08 01:25:07, gseh88 wrote:

On 2007-08-07 19:33:45, s.mark wrote:

On 2007-08-07 18:30:04, gseh88 wrote:
Didn't realise that but it doesn't explain why the GPRS indicator is on on my M600 and off on the P1 when they are on the same network and next to each other. Also, it is off wherever I go unless I actually try to connect to surf the web or download emails. It's not a big problem since GPRS is available virtually anywhere where there is a GSM signal in the UK but it still looks like a bug to me. Does anyone else notice this or is there some strange fault on my phone?

The GPRS indicator is off because in the internet settings you have selected GSM (CS) mode only. It doesn`t mean anything, only switches the GPRS antenna off therefore you save battery power. When you`ll try to go online or send/receive MMS it will switch itself back on. This is quite common for all SE phones, but some branded ones (3G UK) have it on at all times as default.

[ This Message was edited by: s.mark on 2007-08-07 18:42 ]

[ This Message was edited by: s.mark on 2007-08-07 18:43 ]

[ This Message was edited by: s.mark on 2007-08-07 18:44 ]

Thanks a lot S.Mark. Changing to "Automatic" solved the problem as you suggested. Both my M600 (generic) and P990 (Vodafone branded) were also set to Automatic but my generic P1 was set to "CS only". Of course when I called Sony Ericsson to ask about this, they could not come up with the answer. I should know better than to waste money calling them when the answer is always available from the Esato community free of charge.

Thanks guys!

hi, can any one tell me where this option is, i remember seeing it, but now i dont remember where it is
lakeside01
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-03 09:35
i dont know if anyone else feels this but..i think the p1..was an experiment in preparation 4 the w960i..i've used it nd i must say its perfect
Anil Gidwani
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-12-03 10:22
Interesting observation. But the W960i is a Walkman phone, so why do you feel that the P1i is an experiment in preparation for a walkman phone?
lakeside01
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-03 18:20
the p1 was a cross between d smartfones...p-series nd the m-series(i call dem semi-walkman fones fones)..leaning farther towards the smartfone side....d w960i is d exact opposite...its a walkman fone with smartfone potentials...I think SE were tryna see which was gonna work..but they ended up releasing the p1 with a few too many bugs..so they went nd corrected it on the w960i..nd also realized we were all bored with the uiq interface on the p1 and went and slapped on a much nicer looking uiq interface on the 960i..with the music player being the main attraction...imo i think the p1 was just a beta version of the 960 nd all other SE smart and semi-smart fones to come...i use a p1i nd i love it, but thats just the truth
babis3g
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-12-04 20:00
hi guys
i did update the phone to latest firmware with se update servise
but not with the smartphone program

i just went direct to sony u-pdate & it accept it

the phone is a week old

however i face this issue

sometime the battery show low when is at 20 per send while is on yellow so the battery (phone tells low battery & red led came on

yesterday it pass that & didnt show mw low battery & so the led not gone red

i read in help menu that while on phonecall the status bar by default is turn on to prevent accidental use

if i want to change this issue just go to menu>control panel> call settings>status bar

i dont have this status bar otion
any one same problem?

but while on call it comes from time to time a message asking do you want to use the status bar?
what ever i accept is the same no lock or unlock?

3if i go to menu>phone>video calls
when i open the camera & from more active the night mode not light given is the same
i think before the update this work ok

well did i update incorrect the phone as i did use the smart phone pc suite & i gone direct to se update servise or anyone got same problem>? or is a bug?

control panel>tools>
there sometime appears the o2 symbol from my sim facility but some time is not appear there
problem????

please advise
thanks

jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-12-04 20:11

On 2007-11-20 15:50:42, Anil Gidwani wrote:
Could it be the PC Sync that is causing the problems? I have a fairly large Outlook database (1500 contacts, 1500 calendar entries) that I import into the phone, and perhaps this synchronization is causing the problem.

The number of entries shouldn't be a problem, since I have about that many too... but I do suspect it's a problem with the TYPE of entries in the Calendar. UIQ doesn't seem to filter out Outlook (or even iSync) calendar entries that well... specially if the PC entries are recurring... omg... it starts screwing up... duplicate entries, weird things start happening... IF the entries were made on the computer. If the entries were made on the P1i then synced with Outlook or iSync, then less problems occur.
Nipsen
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-12-04 23:47

On 2007-11-27 21:18:09, alanruncie wrote:
Definite bug in media player.

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=158232&start=45

See updates on page 3 & 4 which shows that the P1 will open and play streams automatically using Realplayer without fault but locks up if it thinks the stream should be played in media viewer.

This is irrespective of using 3G or WLAN

You can also go to http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/mobile to test the P1i's Realplayer for yourself if you've been experiencing streaming problems with other sites ie Youtube mobile, BBC etc

[ This Message was edited by: alanruncie on 2007-11-27 20:18 ]

That... sort of makes sense. Maybe the media- player never had any rtsp implementation at all..? *shakes head* I'm going to borrow your post and put it in the wiki, if that's all right. Btw ..anyone know of a trick to force the realplayer to launch on bbc- streams and so on?
The p1 Whiki - report your bugs, and add feature requests here.

"Brothers and Sisters, believe! Believe in the salvation of Demand Paging, 'eah!"
Anil Gidwani
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-12-05 04:12
@jplacson, I think you're right about the iSync not working with Outlook entries with categories. However, synchronization goes haywire even in the phone->PC direction in my experience, especially with recurring entries as you pointed out. Why SE chooses not to fix this problem beats me, especially since the problem has been constantly reported by customers since 2003 at the least, and since it is oh so very easy to fix.

The P1i is a pleasing phone in so many other respects, bugs et al. It is this data synchronization problem that is the most disconcerting and a drain on productivity. Had this problem not existed, I would have been quite satisfied with the phone, since it is true value for money.
disappearer
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-12-07 17:46
Hello,

I have very annoying bug at my P1i and updating to the latest firmware or master reset didn't help.

It happens that while having conversation - sound simply disappears. I can hear nothing - but call duration timer is still counting indicating that phone call hasn't finished. This happens on incoming and outgoing phone calls. While this is happening - signal indicator is showing that there is enough signal strength at that spot...

The only remedy is to switch the phone on and off again.

The other sound bug, that may be related to previous one, is that I sometimes got strange clicking sound while talking. At the first - I was thinking that this happened due to loss of signal but latter I found out that it happens totally random. I repeat the phone call from the same spot and clicking is gone. Doesn't make any sense.

I was searching through forums and f.a.q.s but couldn't find anybody that was able to help or has similar problem.

Third thing is probably not up to phone itself but driver support for syncing the phone with Windows XP PC. File transfer works fine but cannot connect it to PC while in phone mode. Fortunately I also have OS X computer and I sync it with iSync via BT. Still some advice on this would be great.

I was calling SE support center in Croatia but they play dumb on all subjects (suggested to reinstall drivers - which I did with nothing happening)

This is my first SE phone (used Nokia and HP smartphones before) and I was thinking that maybe I simply have a bad karma to get a phone with some exotic never-heard-of problem that cannot be solved... maybe I'll just buy N95...

any help is appreciated!
thanx!

maritus
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-12-10 16:01
Hi all

I discovered a behaviour that could be a bug. Please advise!

The RDS FM radio bears the name of RDS as it should decode the digital infos sent by the radio station. One of them is the Programme Service PS - the one that shows the name of the station on the display.
Some stations have one, fixed display, other have 2 or more displays (eg. NAME then FREQ), some have dynamical PS (the text is scrolled across the display of the set).

Now, in case of P1i, the radio faults in showing the correct/full RDS PS! When it decodes it, it only shows the first display and that's it. No way of the second or third display, not to mention what happens in case of dynamic PS!

Any ideas?

As the enhanced RDS capabilities weigh 60% of the reason why I bought this model, I really care about this facility!

cheers,
marius
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 34 353637  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic