Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Technical > w610i bluetooth internet

Author w610i bluetooth internet
w610iproblem
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-07-20 11:39
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
hi is it possible to hook my phone up to my pc via bluetooth and use my pc internet connection through my phone so instead of using my phone providers internet service i would use my lan pc internet ?
Pytak
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-07-20 14:43
Yes.

http://users.skynet.be/yozy/tutorials/se/k750/k750-1.htm

Should work with any java app.
w610iproblem
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-07-22 14:26

hi mate cheers for the info its sort of going ok but im stuck on this bit

Starting Opera remotely via HID

To use your broadband connection you need to start Opera from your PC. But there is an easy way that allows you to remotely open Opera from your PC using your phone!

* What you need:
o A working HID profile on your pc and phone
o A tool to determine the Entrypoint and ID of the Opera browser
o A shortcut on your desktop
* Download the necessary software:
o minibrowser.lnk (right click -> save as...)
o List.bat (right click -> save as...)
o List1.bat (right click -> save as...)
o Desktop.hid (optional)

1. First go to Entertainment > Remote Control on your phone and look for the Desktop profile.
If not, download Desktop.hid and send it to your phone via Bluetooth.
2. Copy minibrowser.lnk to your desktop. The name is not important so you can change it if you like.
3. Now you need to determine the Entrypoint (1 or 2 digits) and ID (5 digits) of the Opera browser. You can do this by running List.bat.
4. Once you got the numbers, go to the settings of the minibrowser.lnk shortcut and change the numbers. The first 2 numbers is the Entrypoint and the other 5 are the ID.
5. You should now be able to start Opera from your phone. To do this go the Entertainment > Remote Control and select the Desktop profile. You can start Opera by pressing the * button on your phone.

Once started, leave Opera running and close the HID as it can interfere with the Bluetooth Connection.

ive found the desktop profile on my phone in remote control but when i activate it it just lets me use my phone as a mouse so to speak i havent figured out yet what the buttons on my phone do on my computer any way i right click on the minibrowser.ink and save to desktop but this is where im stuck i cant find any setting for the minibrowser shortcut on my computers desktop to change the entry point and ID can any one help me with this ?
Pytak
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-07-23 20:43
The desktop shortcut is only needed to run connectionproxy remotely via HID (or to launch Opera Mini on your handset with BT internet connected straight from your desktop).

pick up your w610i and turn on bluetooth,
Run the list.bat,
connection proxy will pop up, wait for it to connect with your phone,
wait for the midlet list,
look for Opera Mini,
copy its entrypoint and ID somewhere (notepad),
close the connection proxy and list.bat,
go to C:SonyEricssonJavaME_SDK_CLDCOnDeviceDebugbin,
right-click ejava.exe and choose Send to -> Desktop (create shortcut),
wait for the shortcut to appear on the destkop,
right-click the Shortcut to ejava.exe on the desktop,
choose properties,
at the end of the address in the Target field, type: start 10 65500 s, replacing the "10" with your Opera Mini ID and 65500 with the entrypoint ,
then click the Shortcut key and hit 1,
press ok,
and everything should be working now.

You can now run Opera Mini with your bluetooth Internet connection by double-clicking the shortcut (you can rename it to whatever you want), or by running Desktop HID in your phone and pressing asterisk. You don't even have to disconnect the HID profile, as it doesn't mess up the internet connection, but it seem to decrease battery life (probably because two BT connections are running at the same time).

[ This Message was edited by: Pytak on 2007-07-23 19:52 ]
rockygali
K810 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-07-24 06:38
please do clarify to me that this connection is from the PC's broadband connection to the PHONE. not the other way around...

meaning, the PHONE is using the PC's broadband connection, and NOT the PC using the PHONE to connect to the internet...

coz i have tried these steps before, followed same procedures from head to tail. and i cant seem to make a legit connection. REALLY!

my OperaMini is having an error and cannot connect to the internet.
how come you guys have done it?! or didnt you?!
"Darkness is the absence of light.. and not the opposite..."
Pytak
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-07-24 20:39
Yep. I can browse the net (opera mini), listen to shoutcast radio (MFradio), and play multiplayer Java games, using my PC's internet connection.
Works perfectly. However, if you want to use OperaMini (3 or 4 beta), you must pass the connection test at the first run by using GPRS or, if supported, EDGE, then change the connection type from Socket to HTTP in the app's properties. Otherwise it will fail. Dunno why, but on my K700i it crashes the whole phone at 20%, and the only thing working is hard-reset.

[ This Message was edited by: Pytak on 2007-07-24 19:45 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi