Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > New to Esato? Please read this forum first > Phone as radar speedtrap warner?

Author Phone as radar speedtrap warner?
aatuif
R520
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-07-05 05:05
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
best of luck...
Wapdragon
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-07-05 05:13
Thanx buddy. Will surely need it! Thanx 4 all the input.
Falcon786
W880 Silver
PM
Posted: 2007-07-05 20:31
N95 doesn't give you speed traps in SA...find out about the garmin properly i think it does show you permanent cameras but obviously not all will be seen as it doesn't actually detect the traps but rather relies on a database.you have a point on the fact that the phone does indeed detect changes in reception but the number of possible interferances with the same pattern would be too great to actually decipher which one is a laser interfering resulting in way too many false warnings.btw i'm not a hater like that other dude i'm just tryin to point out some things you need to take into account...oh and if you do succeed i'll be your first customer for the program
<a href="http://a site"></a><p><div style="font-family:Arial,sans-serif;font-size:11px;">Sign by Danasoft - <a href="http://a site">Get Your Free Sign</a></p></div> and remember,I'M WATCHING U!
Wapdragon
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-07-06 00:16
Hi falcon. Get ur point on the interference part. Yes filtering the laser interference will b a big challenge. There is so many factors to consider and thats y its my priority project a.t.m. Already did some simple interference tests in a well known speedtrap area. Gonna lose some sleep on this one. Loving every minute!
rambo47
K800 Brown
PM
Posted: 2007-07-06 00:43
If the N95 can't even pick up 3G phone frequencies in the U.S., to you think it will magically find radar or laser signals!? C'mon, really! It doesn't have the necessary hardware. No software will make up for this. It's like saying you're going to turn your AMC Pacer into a Ferrari with some clever software mods. Dial the number, quick!
Blackberry Bold
Blackberry 8220
Blackberry 7105t
aatuif
R520
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-07-06 04:18
@wap, afaik a mobile as such with an app can't detect interferences...
i think you need some special hardware for that... some detector sort of thing... go thru the web, you'll find some useful lit...
seeing your enthusiasm, i'm pretty sure that you'll end up with some good stuff...
best wishes for your project...
Nitro Fan
W960
PM
Posted: 2007-07-10 12:28

On 2007-07-04 05:35:28, rambo47 wrote:
For the love of God, please STOP this nonsense! Hell, I want to detect radar with a potatoe and two paperclips, but that ain't happening either. "Adding 5 0"s to this string...." ?!! WTF are you people smoking? If you think you're going to detect radar waves with any phone you need help. Seriously.

[ This Message was edited by: masseur on 2007-07-05 19:34 ]

What a stunning outburst! have you been smoking C***k? We all know you cant detect radr with a phone no need to get all steamed up chillllllllllllll
I have owned the ... T68i T610, P800, P900, P910, P990, W950, P1, W960 But SE have now totally lost the plot.
Nitro Fan
W960
PM
Posted: 2007-07-10 12:34

On 2007-07-03 20:58:00, Wapdragon wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-06-29 22:57:05, Nitro Fan wrote:
I have Wayfinder and TomTom.
Wayfinder is rubbish as a warning system, that's why I bought TomTom which will remind you of static cameras and average speed cameras ihave to drive thousands of miles a year and cannot afford to lose my licence due to a momentary lapse.

The only infallible way to avoid hand helds is behave properly,

I am in the motorsport business and my advice is race on the track NOT the street, in my experience very few street drivers ability's match those of their vehicles (no matter what they think!!!) it was the main reason why my recovery business used to do so well!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: Nitro Fan on 2007-06-29 21:59 ]

So please tell me about this Tom Tom u speak so fondly sir. Is it a device or app? How much did it cost and how do 1 get hold of it? Fill me in pls. Thanx

Hi I have been away for while
(I was in Finland and they take road safety serioulsy there, they breathalised everyone coming out of a motorsport event this weekend!!! I wish the UK cops had the guts and power to do it here it would save many lives)
TomTom, is both HW and SW take a look at www.tomtom.com I bought the Navigator 6 product and installed it on my P990 its very good.
I have owned the ... T68i T610, P800, P900, P910, P990, W950, P1, W960 But SE have now totally lost the plot.
maggflodd
T630
PM
Posted: 2007-07-10 12:57
@nitro
you should see closing time here in Ireland: the local cops walk from pub to pub to make sure everyone's out by midnight, and then they watch them stumble towards their cars...wtf "good night, paddy"...i've actually seen a cop help some drunk search for his car keys [addsig]
adbeglad
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-09-11 15:45

We've just launched a service in SA called SMS Radar,
basic idea is to join an area you drive and start getting tips from other drivers sent over SMS to the system.
so you join Cape Town, then whenever you see any police acting dodgy (hiding in the bushes trapping) you write in an sms where you saw him and send to 33245.
then all members in the CT area will get an sms with your alert.

we've made it free while we get suggestions and perfect the system.
then we'll make it R1 to get an alert (always free to tip).
before we start billing we'll warn everyone in a free sms, so all you sms sceptics out there can roll your eyes and bail out

check it out, write suggests to support@smsradar.co.za if you like
http://www.smsradar.co.za
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi