Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > New to Esato? Please read this forum first > Phone as radar speedtrap warner?

Previous  123  Next
Author Phone as radar speedtrap warner?
Wapdragon
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-06-29 12:26
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
So Aatuif do u know the application or do u only know that it exist? Sounds interesting!
aatuif
R520
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-06-29 12:43
Aint sure about the app, maybe you try searching...
Nitro Fan
W960
PM
Posted: 2007-06-29 22:57
I have Wayfinder and TomTom.
Wayfinder is rubbish as a warning system, that's why I bought TomTom which will remind you of static cameras and average speed cameras ihave to drive thousands of miles a year and cannot afford to lose my licence due to a momentary lapse.

The only infallible way to avoid hand helds is behave properly,

I am in the motorsport business and my advice is race on the track NOT the street, in my experience very few street drivers ability's match those of their vehicles (no matter what they think!!!) it was the main reason why my recovery business used to do so well!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: Nitro Fan on 2007-06-29 21:59 ]
maggflodd
T630
PM
Posted: 2007-06-30 09:58

On 2007-06-29 22:57:05, Nitro Fan wrote:
Wayfinder is rubbish as a warning system, that's why I bought TomTom which will remind you of static cameras and average speed cameras ihave to drive thousands of miles a year and cannot afford to lose my licence due to a momentary lapse.

I am in the motorsport business and my advice is race on the track NOT the street, in my experience very few street drivers ability's match those of their vehicles (no matter what they think!!!) it was the main reason why my recovery business used to do so well!!!!

very good!!! well put! thanks! [addsig]
Wapdragon
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-07-03 04:39
With all due respect i think u r missing the argument mr nittro fan. The aim here is not to race in the streets. Its merely to get warned about being suckered by the traffic cops when traveling long distances. Sometimes when traveling it gets kinda hard doing 80 or 100km/h on an open road. Another thing: if the max speed on the road is 120km/h, why build cars that can go faster? Shud'nt all cars locally b maxed at 120? We shud get a tolerance of 20km/h
aatuif
R520
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-07-03 14:04
sounds a bit reasonable...
Wapdragon
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-07-03 20:58
Quote:

On 2007-06-29 22:57:05, Nitro Fan wrote:

So please tell me about this Tom Tom u speak so fondly sir. Is it a device or app? How much did it cost and how do 1 get hold of it? Fill me in pls. Thanx
aatuif
R520
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-07-04 03:59
http://www.Tomtom.com

Something called one xl fits ur need...

KASHMIR, the paradise on earth . . .

[ This Message was edited by: masseur on 2007-07-05 19:33 ]
Wapdragon
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-07-04 04:14
hi. I already checked www.Tomtom.com and seems like my country, South Africa is not covered. Or am i mistaken? Xplain the other thing u mentioned pls.
rambo47
K800 Brown
PM
Posted: 2007-07-04 05:35
For the love of God, please STOP this nonsense! Hell, I want to detect radar with a potatoe and two paperclips, but that ain't happening either. "Adding 5 0"s to this string...." ?!! WTF are you people smoking? If you think you're going to detect radar waves with any phone you need help. Seriously.

[ This Message was edited by: masseur on 2007-07-05 19:34 ]
aatuif
R520
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-07-04 06:13
One xl is some product at the bottom of the tom tom page...
Falcon786
W880 Silver
PM
Posted: 2007-07-04 23:31
Probably cant be done with your phone dude it doesn't exactly have a laser detector!which is the most popular method used in SA.DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND GO TO AUTO STYLE AND BUY A LASER DETECTOR...just spoke to a cop the other day and laser DETECTORS are legal to use in SA but the JAMMERS are illegal and you can get heavy punishment for using a jammer.other wise you could always pull out a twenty for the cop that pulls you over
<a href="http://a site"></a><p><div style="font-family:Arial,sans-serif;font-size:11px;">Sign by Danasoft - <a href="http://a site">Get Your Free Sign</a></p></div> and remember,I'M WATCHING U!
paul101
G502
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-07-05 00:32
maybee n95 coz i think i heard has sat nav and if a database of cameras can be uploaded..... you do the maths
I don't wanna sleep
I don't wanna dream
'cause my dreams don't comfort me
Wapdragon
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-07-05 02:43
Rambo the only smoke around is from ur brain trying 2 figure this all out. There is nothing that cant b dun pal. Do u live in the stone age cos i dont. Couple of years ago ppl like u thought sending pictures with a phone cant b dun. Look at us now! Doing it like its second nature. If u hate the string jump of a bridge. Paul i like the N95 and am busy fruiting the idea. Peace yall. Im gonna do this!
Wapdragon
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-07-05 03:55
Okay this is 4 the haters. By now its clear (not 100%) that the waves send out by these traps cant b detected by any phone right? So listen 2 this and yes its crazy. If it cant b dun how about me researching with some clever mobile software designers a application that can detect these lazer or radar waves. I mean, the phone pics up a network signal right? These foreign waves must somehow have an effect on this network signal and the phones circuitry 4 that split second. This designed app must pick this change up and produce a audible output. Mission impossible? Watch this space!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi