Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > Bluespoon and bluetooth not very practical

Previous  12
Author Bluespoon and bluetooth not very practical
discub
T68i
PM
Posted: 2004-08-30 09:45
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
first of all, in 2004 the price dropped sharply, to less than 100Euros, so it become much more affodable for anybody.
I use mine wihle driving and compared with the wire headset, I feel much more free and safe, my two hands are really free and i can concentrate on driving +here in europe most of the cars are not automatic, and you relly need your two hands to drive.

Conclusion: Security = Bluetooth
alpal
P800 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-08-30 10:57
I've tried quite a few BT headset models with P800 and found that they are quite unstable and reduces voice audibility, so I went back to the hands free originally supplied in the package. The only thing is I hate it when the wires get all entangled. Oh well I guess you cant have everything...me sticking to my hands free for the time being until a really good stable BT headset compatible with the P800 is on the market.

Btw Discub, with the auto answer function on the P800, you can still maintain both hands on the wheel. If you want to be more selective with who you answer, you use ACM software (highly recommended) or use "Play caller name" + "voice tag" + "voice answer" functions
discub
T68i
PM
Posted: 2004-08-30 11:23
As i have a modest (but so apprecied!) T68i, I have no idea of the use of a P800. I had no original headset, so i bought a (crappy & overpriced) one unlabelled, then people started complaining about the sound quality and myself had to close my car windows to hear them, so i decided to change my headset, and as the BT ones wheres only 3 times the price of the crapy one, that decided me to get a HBH-35.
I am enchanted with the soud quality in both way and the comfort of use. The only con had happend 2times in 6month: loss off BT connection just at the time i wanted to answer , but never during call.

@alpal: I never had compatibility problem between my t68i and my HBH-35 nor with my MSI dongle. so dont worry, and go ahead!

[ This Message was edited by: discub on 2004-08-30 10:24 ]
Cophia
T68i
PM
Posted: 2004-08-31 04:17

Sorry to hear about yur problems. I have used Bluespoon and Bluespoon Digital with a T68i and have not had any problems.

The sound quality coming in is always clear although you have to turn the volume up (you can press the up volume quite a few times before you get to the beep indicating maximum volume).

Sound quality on the mic is on a par with most handsfrees when in a noisy environment although the Digital version is pretty good at cutting out constant background noise in bars etc. it does sound a little like you're in an empty room but that's just the noise reduction.

Only drawback with T68i Bluetooth connection is that the phone needs to be in a blockage-free location to the Bluespoon. If I carry the phone on my left side, my body seems to interfere with the Bluetooth signal (as the Bluespon is in my right ear), however in clear line of sight the signal is good for 6 or 7 metres. This doesn't happen with the Sharp GX-30 but has with 2 different T68i phones, maybe it's the way Sony Ericsson designed it for battery conservation.

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi